Edge Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
mtfo. Classy fellow, classy sendoff, but the WWE was seemingly not going to move him away from the main event scene, so I will not miss him there. I suspect he'll be a HOF headliner, probably in a couple of years. Maybe this year if they don't go with the Rock.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I'd much prefer the Edge induction to The Rock, especially if Vince is still hoping to have The Rock return beyond WM28

Reganio

Reaction score
Shame to see, I don't like the bloke at all but never nice to see anyone retire due to injuries.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I know it's legit and all, but my god, can you imagine the heat Edge would get if he came back and fooled us all? Most convincing send off ever. Wow, biggest heel ever, haha.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Doomsday, don't be a punk and careful of things you say about other people, same shit might fall upon you one day. i'm not here to wish anyone or any members any illwell, but edge is just like you and I, another person who bleeds and breaths just like anyone else. He's not made of steel and can easily be broken, just like us.

so please, don't trash anyone just because you're not a fan of them or because what you accept of them, is cut short.

Beer

Reaction score
Doomsday, don't be a punk and careful of things you say about other people, same shit might fall upon you one day. i'm not here to wish anyone or any members any illwell, but edge is just like you and I, another person who bleeds and breaths just like anyone else. He's not made of steel and can easily be broken, just like us.

so please, don't trash anyone just because you're not a fan of them or because what you accept of them, is cut short.

:roflmao:

fuzzy

Reaction score
The *#@! you laughin' at beer?

noumenon

Reaction score
I don't know why this is bumming me out more than anyone else to leave in the past. It was just so extremely unexpected and unfair. Here's a guy who worked his ass off every night, carried Smackdown countless times and worked extremely well with just about everyone he was put in the ring with. Edge was always a favorite of mine, one of the most consistent people in the business. The whole time the promo was going on I was hoping for something to give it away as a work...a heel turn, an interruption, anything. An extremely classy move to allow Edge to go out as champion and retain at Wrestlemania. The man gave just about every ounce of credibility to the World Heavyweight Championship that it currently has. One of the saddest send offs ever... a career cut way too short.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im really saddened by this. Edge was one of my fav guys on the roster. I am so pissed I wont get to see him do it anymore because he was fucking amazing. I wanted to see Edge vs. Rock but you know what, it's better off this way. He wont end up like Dynamite or Brian Pillman. But a sad day indeed, this is totally going to cripple SD for a while.

...god...

Reaction score
I know it's legit and all, but my god, can you imagine the heat Edge would get if he came back and fooled us all? Most convincing send off ever. Wow, biggest heel ever, haha.
Or the amount of heat Christian would get if he beat him down and 'retired' him on SD.

But yeah, everything has already been said, the saddest day in wrestling I can remember in recent memory, such a huge impact. :(

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I don't know why this is bumming me out more than anyone else to leave in the past.

You said it. It was just so sudden and not really expected so soon. We all knew Flair was done, HBK was done. What other retirements have their been that have actually had this level of surprise? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

fuzzy

Reaction score
You, I guess.
you wanna laugh at me for whatever reasons, that's fine, be my guest but if it's the fact of what I said to DD, I don't see what's funny about that?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Im really saddened by this. Edge was one of my fav guys on the roster. I am so pissed I wont get to see him do it anymore because he was fucking amazing. I wanted to see Edge vs. Rock but you know what, it's better off this way. He wont end up like Dynamite or Brian Pillman. But a sad day indeed, this is totally going to cripple SD for a while.

I was thinking more he avoided becoming the next Misawa.

Anyway, will miss his one and only facial expression. The angry face.

...god...

Reaction score
It's funny, he even does that face when he's gonna cry.