Dumpster Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
well let us know why

Pete

Reaction score
Because at one point, in the PWA, I was Hardcore Champion, and wanted to take the guy into a tag team. So, for fear that - GASP! - I'd end up carrying BOTH belts (unthinkable!), the then-fedhead promptly and gleefully STRIPPED me of my H/C Championship. Publically. In an RP.

Turns out he needn't have worried 'cause the Tag Team sucked and I disbanded them after a couple of months, and took my guy back to singles competition. Where he became Hardcore Champion. AGAIN.

Only one of the many delightful run-ins I've had with the guy...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh reminds me of a time when I was Brock and the IC champion... def deserving of a world title shot but because of a certain someone... I wasn't given a shot cause it wouldn't "be right" if I were to have two belts. Yeah... I didn't stay long after that.

Andy

Reaction score
lol Pete didn't even mention that he held, what was it? 3 out of the 5 championships we had, at one time.

BDC

Reaction score
Because at one point, in the PWA, I was Hardcore Champion, and wanted to take the guy into a tag team. So, for fear that - GASP! - I'd end up carrying BOTH belts (unthinkable!), the then-fedhead promptly and gleefully STRIPPED me of my H/C Championship. Publically. In an RP.

Turns out he needn't have worried 'cause the Tag Team sucked and I disbanded them after a couple of months, and took my guy back to singles competition. Where he became Hardcore Champion. AGAIN.

Only one of the many delightful run-ins I've had with the guy...

Weird because our rules allowed for one singles and one tag title. I'm cool with an open ended rule there, though. :abandon:

lol Pete didn't even mention that he held, what was it? 3 out of the 5 championships we had, at one time.

Sad thing was that will all my characters I never held more than two titles at a time.

Pete

Reaction score
Beedz, you remember that one right? Not like I can stop harping on about it...

Andy: yeah, but with different characters. This was two belts with the same character this time.

BDC

Reaction score
Beedz, you remember that one right? Not like I can stop harping on about it...

Andy: yeah, but with different characters. This was two belts with the same character this time.

Duh...live on in infamy and stuff..LOL

I will say if you rp and stand with us, you will never get screwed over here. You may lose. DUH. But we will ALWAYS try to do you right.:fwiend:

Pete

Reaction score
And THEN there was that time when...

...................nope. Not today. You guys have lives ;)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Can you make a rule that dialog isn't required?

If their is no rule one way or another then it isn't required no need for a rule to state it. After all it doesn't take dialogue to make a good story.

It'd be like making a rule stating that you are allowed to use other fictional characters l other than the one you RP with. like a janitor.

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
If their is no rule one way or another then it isn't required no need for a rule to state it. After all it doesn't take dialogue to make a good story.

It'd be like making a rule stating that you are allowed to use other fictional characters l other than the one you RP with. like a janitor.

LOL, but that was the apparent reasoning as to why I lost my match. I had too much description as opposed to my opponent's massive amount of dialogue.

BDC

Reaction score
TOO MUCH being the operative term.

Lots of ways to tell the story, but it still has to engage the reader. Dialog, not dialog, thoughts, just action...I still have a hard time saving my promo stuff, because we used to rp interviews and such all the time. I understand, but yeah.

I would like to see us do a chain for promo every once in a while. sort like TTin, but more. WE miss the classic tit for tat chain rps. I may ask a couple of you to go back and forth in PM to build a great chain promo, very soon...

Pete

Reaction score
No, Andy, you had too much UNNECESSARY description. There is such a thing as WELL-DONE description (see: RRS's RPs).

Also, Dredson's dialogue was f-in' A.

Pete

Reaction score
TOO MUCH being the operative term.

Lots of ways to tell the story, but it still has to engage the reader. Dialog, not dialog, thoughts, just action...I still have a hard time saving my promo stuff, because we used to rp interviews and such all the time. I understand, but yeah.

I would like to see us do a chain for promo every once in a while. sort like TTin, but more. WE miss the classic tit for tat chain rps. I may ask a couple of you to go back and forth in PM to build a great chain promo, very soon...

Careful, Beedz...we don't want people thinking this is becoming "too much like the PWA"...

PY.

Reaction score
Too much description overall kills an RP. Pointless rambling of the sky color, where a tv is placed, etc makes me not even want to read an RP.

I use the 'hybrid' style where it's pretty much story, story, promo.. Or something of that variation. Helps out if you're trying to stray away from description.