Dolph Ziggler MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Haven't seen a thread on this and I think it deserves a stand alone thread. Ziggler won the World Heavyweight Championship MITB match a couple of months ago. He has had World title matches in the past but has only ever held the World title for 24 hours thanks to a screwjob storyline. This time he has a great chance to win the big one and actually break through that glass ceiling and have a proper title reign if he can get the job done. He has already done the standard heel thing with the MITB briefcase, he has threatened to cash it in on a downed champion only to stop when he realises that the champion is still moving and he has already put his briefcase on the line in a match.

What do you think of Ziggler as Mr MITB? When do you think he will cash it in? Will he be successful in his cash-in?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
As long as he cashes it in and has a decent reign eventually, I'll be happy, but I'm really getting tired of all these false cash-ins every damn show (two of them last Smackdown). I think it would make for a better moment if it was at least a bit more of a shocker, but at this point we're expecting Ziggler to come out every time Sheamus is on the screen.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It wasn't even 24 hours, Vickie gave him the belt at the beginning of SD! only to lose at the end of the night. It was one of the worst nights in wrestling history. It was just unneeded and added to Edge's over blown title reigns. As far as I'm concerned in my mind Edge never lost the belt to Ziggler. I don't think anyone should have taken his reign seriously.

The way WWE is booking his MITB run right now is fine other than the fact you could make the claim he should have already lost it because he technically has handed the breifcase over to several referees. I think he'll get the title within maybe the next few months if WWE doesn't drop the WHC to Del Rio at Night of Champions. It's just he's been in the face of Sheamus constantly that you'd think sooner or later he'll have a legit chance to actually have Sheamus beat down in the ring after a long title match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that they should cut down on the number of false cash ins. It gets too repetitive and it is so obvious that he won't cash it in. I think that he will cash it in before the end of the year and that he will be successful in cashing it in. It would be too much of a blow if he cashed it in and failed especially since WWE have built him as a guy that never wins the big one.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am actually predicting Elimination Chamber for the cash in here. It would give Ziggler not only the best chance of winning, after an opponent has survived the chamber, but the best chance of walking into Mania with the belt too(and since its only the WHC, it can even be the opener).

I just hope WWE keeps up the work Jericho started, feuding with Miz, Orton, Bryan, or any number of former champions would help his push, and when he does cash in would make him seem more "ligit".

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ziggler really does need a few more big scalps before he actually cashes in that briefcase otherwise no-one will take him seriously as champion if he wins. A feud with Orton would be a good option but they are already giving that away for free on Smackdown this week.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Also Ziggler/Orton have had about 10-15 TV matches over the last year and a half.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True but I think that he is the next best option now that Jericho has gone but it is tough to build up to a new feud against Orton if they will give it away on Smackdown this week. Hopefully there is a dusty finish to set something up for the future. Looking through the roster and there really are no other faces out there that he could face that wouldn't be a step down.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am not saying it needs to be Orton, just that he was a name that jumped into my head when thinking about former champions that have no real feud going at the moment. He has beaten Swagger & Jericho in his climb, a win over 2-3 more former champions would build him into that spot that has been teased.

Rey would be a good option for a former champion face.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Rey would be a good option but he is out injured again and you never know how long he will last when he comes back. Christian might be a good option for Ziggler in the coming months as well, he is one of the bigger names on Smackdown and isn''t involved in a feud right now.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Rey is injured again? maybe its time he calls it quits if that is the case, its been what about 4 months of in ring in the last 2 years now?

Christian would be the best to feud with coming off a feud with Jericho, and you could even get Edge to be in Christians corner to bring the feud some more exposure. Can bring up all the parallels of Ziggler & Edge, and have Christian look like the hero fighting for his best friends honor, for example.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He needs to get his ass kicked by Barrett and lose the MITB to him, seeing as he's the one who should've been around to win in the first place. Ziggler's a horrible choice to be world champion and the fact that he jobs harder than just about anyone on the roster is not going to make the world title look good when he wins it. This is arguably worse than the build Daniel Bryan got, and that's saying something. All he's done is take 50 Brogue Kicks to the face and lose to Alex Riley of all people. Yeah, he got a win over Jericho, but that doesn't really mean anything considering the entire purpose of the program was to make Jericho look like the biggest loser on the planet, which....that's a great way to put somebody over, make his opponent look like shit. Real nice job on that one.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Jericho returning was about putting talent over, and he did just that with Punk & Ziggler, and he wasnt even planning on staying around long enough for Ziggler to even get any time in ring with him, that happened only because the Fozzy cd got delayed. I have been saying since the Ziggler character debuted, that he had this way about him that reminded me of the SMW/ECW Jericho, so I was glad to see it happen.

But Ziggler jobbing out is exactly why he needs to get some very solid wins under his belt. I am not saying to throw him right to the wolves and have him fight Sheamus next week, build him up for the next 5 months, and have people forget about him ever jobbing. A win over a couple former champions, and a feud with a good talker, so Ziggler can showcase his mic skills.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wish they would keep him away from Sheamus until he decides to cash in as well as keep him away from Orton at least for a while. Think it's important that they make him get on a roll winning some midcard feuds with guys trying to take his case. It was fine doing the flatout underdog thing with Bryan having him lose and then out of no where cash in and win but with Dolph he needs some feud wins like he did against Jericho.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler