Dolph Ziggler MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wish they would keep him away from Sheamus until he decides to cash in as well as keep him away from Orton at least for a while. Think it's important that they make him get on a roll winning some midcard feuds with guys trying to take his case. It was fine doing the flatout underdog thing with Bryan having him lose and then out of no where cash in and win but with Dolph he needs some feud wins like he did against Jericho.

I agree. They don't need him being around Sheamus all the time to remind us that he can cash in a shot at the title whenever he wants. He has already done enough of the false cash ins and for the next couple of months just book Ziggler on his own away from Sheamus. Everyone already knows that he can cash it in whenever and he should be booked away from the champion. As for Orton I think that soon enough Ziggler will have to face him because there aren't many choices for top faces for Ziggler to feud with.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Overall they have done a decent job with him since winning MITB and he has sold it brilliantly. Jericho feud has really helped too. Agree that the fulse cash ins have been overkill but have quite enjoyed them none the less. Trouble is since they have already done so much since he won the briefcase I don't think they can delay the cash in too much longer.

Survivor Series is my prediction by the way.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
My prediction is probably Survivor Series too. I would say Elimination chamber, but I don't see him carrying the title into Mania.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Rey is injured again? maybe its time he calls it quits if that is the case, its been what about 4 months of in ring in the last 2 years now?

It's not another knee injury, though. It was a concussion this time. I think he'll be returning within in the next few weeks and probably gets on the Night of Champions card.

Just wanted to mention how great Rey/Ziggler was over the IC Title a couple years back. I wouldn't mind another big match between the two but it's not like Ziggler hasn't ever beat him. He was battling him at a time where he wasn't as far into his career and Rey was in much better shape then.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It'll come soon enough and he'll hold the title going into Royal Rumble because they usually always have a lesser / new champion around this time because it's a PPV that sells itself and it's the Road To WrestleMania. You also factor into this that The Rock is going to be challenging for the WWE Title so now is the perfect opportunity to establish a new champion.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It'll come soon enough and he'll hold the title going into Royal Rumble because they usually always have a lesser / new champion around this time because it's a PPV that sells itself and it's the Road To WrestleMania. You also factor into this that The Rock is going to be challenging for the WWE Title so now is the perfect opportunity to establish a new champion.

The WWE lost that gamble, thinking that the Royal rumble would sell itself, that's the reason they added the extra 10 guys in 2010.

Ziggler should just wait until Hell in A Cell or get a title shot, lose then hit Sheamus with the briefcase a few times and cash it on after.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The WWE lost that gamble, thinking that the Royal rumble would sell itself, that's the reason they added the extra 10 guys in 2010.

Ziggler should just wait until Hell in A Cell or get a title shot, lose then hit Sheamus with the briefcase a few times and cash it on after.
Well usually it does, but even if they do have a weak 40 man against this year there's the obvious fallback in banking on Rock vs whoever for the title.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well usually it does, but even if they do have a weak 40 man against this year there's the obvious fallback in banking on Rock vs whoever for the title.

Expecting a PPV to sell itself is just bad bunsiness thinking. And banking on one match doesn't mean shit either, look at Survivor Series last year. Rock didn't make up the buyrate for that, because they were banking on one fucking match popping a big buyrate. WWE only does good buys by actually building a decent PPV.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm not disagreeing with you about it being bad business by banking on a single match, but you know it's what the WWE does and will do for the Rumble.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Rock is totally not worth 50 bucks. Not even close. I don't care if it's Rock vs. Punk. That's way to much money for a match that will be way too over hyped.

I think though if there is a strong World Title match, a special feud/midcard match and then the Rumble, then it may be worth it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you about it being bad business by banking on a single match, but you know it's what the WWE does and will do for the Rumble.

This maybe not the right thread but I am disagreeing a bit because the reason the rumble match is such a draw is because it is a once in a year attraction (which was the appeal of series in the begining), as far as I am concerned the rumble should be the most important match on that show, they still normally have big title matches on the undercard too.

I actually think Zigger may go into Mania as champion even if he does win it before the new year, look at how long Daniel Bryan held it and this is the secondary world title don't forget.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This maybe not the right thread but I am disagreeing a bit because the reason the rumble match is such a draw is because it is a once in a year attraction (which was the appeal of series in the begining), as far as I am concerned the rumble should be the most important match on that show, they still normally have big title matches on the undercard too.

I actually think Zigger may go into Mania as champion even if he does win it before the new year, look at how long Daniel Bryan held it and this is the secondary world title don't forget.

Hell, you could even use The Miz from two years as an example as to how Ziggler could be champion going into Mania and that was for the more prestigious of the two World titles. Probably more examples would come up if you dissected this more.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Jesus don't you read anything? I already stated that the Rumble can't sell by itself, it was already reported that Vince McMahon almost fired Hayes because he thought the same thing about the Rumble being its own draw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A month later and the slow build for Ziggler continues. He has stopped with the attempted cash ins and instead has been feuding with Randy Orton. They had a PPV match at Night of Champions which Randy Orton won. Hopefully they have a rematch down the line which Ziggler wins. Ziggler hasn't been pushed as a huge threat since that title win and it seems like he is still some way away from cashing it in and being given the title.

Do you think that his feud with Orton is over? Who will he feud with next?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So after guaranteeing that he would cash in at HIAC Ziggler decided to change his mind after Big Show won the title and wasn't in any distress after the victory. Will Ziggler actually cash it in on the Big Show or will he wait for another title change? When do you think he will cash it in, will it be this year or in 2013?