Do you plan on having kids?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Almost did. Broke up with the chick though. She got married to some square. Still calls my phone. Never leaves messages. Sucks to be her.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Actually, I lied. It almost happened twice. Dodged it though. Thank Christ.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
My daughter just turned 1 two days ago.

Man it has been a blast. I love my little girl so much. She is just as silly as can be and lights up any room she's in. I'm tearing up a bit now typing this actually lol. She is just adorable and loves everything. Oh man I'll stop there, but yeah.. it's honestly the best thing to happen in my life.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yes, I will have kids... Cat kids... Many, many cat kids.
In all seriousness, I'd prefer to adopt if we decided to have kids but I may get dealt a different card.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have a kid someday. I fact ever since I was a young Teenager, I've always had two names picked out. 1 boy and 1 Girl name. One kid would be fine with me. 2 at the maximum.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Being a father would be cool. Just not desperate enough to settle for just anybody.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It won't ever happen and it's not because I'm gay. My fiancée has a 10 year old son.

Honestly I think too many people bring children in the world for the wrong reasons. A lot of my relatives do it because they're bored. My brother does it because he hates protected sex. And many people who bring children into the world for the wrong reason outright prove that they're not ready to be parents. When this happens, no one suffers for it more than the children do. If you're going to have a child, then you must be prepared to put your interests and well being second after that child. There is NO debate on that. Too many times I see this not happening and I witness atrocious parenting and it sickens me.

I'm a relatively selfish person when it comes to my personal life. I like having my time to spend as I like to spend it. I don't like anyone trying to tell me what to do. When I want to just hit the gym, spend hours playing video games, write or maybe sleep for 12 hours.. I want to be able to do these things. If I had a child, I wouldn't be able to. Because, unlike the crappy parenting I see all the time, I would endeavor to be a good father. And even though I would do this, I know it would make me unhappy. And it wouldn't be fair to a child, no matter how good of a parent I can be, to have a parent that is unhappy raising him or her. Children deserve better than that.

So, I won't have kids. It wouldn't be fair to them. I have 4 nephews and one niece and I'm okay with that arrangement. It's possible when Jerry's son gets old enough to that he might want to stay with us for a period of time and I am okay with that. But having a kid and raising it from birth, it won't happen.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
You have to pass on your legacy to someone...

A lot of my relatives do it because they're bored. My brother does it because he hates protected sex. And many people who bring children into the world for the wrong reason outright prove that they're not ready to be parents.

Yup, all terrible and/or selfish reasons. It's really not difficult to have either protected sex, or no sex at all. Seriously, it's easy. Sleeping around is not cool or fun and should be something you grow out of in your early 20s, if you had such a phase.
For me, if you want a child, 2 criteria must be met.
1) Be married
2) Be financially stable

There is no better way to raise children than in a married household with a working father and stay-at-home mother. Women are much better nurturers than men and I wish we'd get back to glorifying full time mothers.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You have to pass on your legacy to someone...

Yup, all terrible and/or selfish reasons. It's really not difficult to have either protected sex, or no sex at all. Seriously, it's easy. Sleeping around is not cool or fun and should be something you grow out of in your early 20s, if you had such a phase.
For me, if you want a child, 2 criteria must be met.
1) Be married
2) Be financially stable

There is no better way to raise children than in a married household with a working father and stay-at-home mother. Women are much better nurturers than men and I wish we'd get back to glorifying full time mothers.

We'll have to politely disagree on the establishment of the nuclear family as being the best way to raise children. :emoji_slight_smile: The majority of psychological documentation shows that a devoted single parent or even two same sex parents often are more successful at raising a psychologically healthy and ultimately well adjusted child than the "traditional" nuclear family.

I will add that I personally think a third criteria would be that high school students should have classes as prerequisites for graduation that go over positive and negative child raising techniques.

EDIT: and my comment about the high school class isn't to tell people how to parent, because parental emotion and intuition can't be taught. However, it could give parents possible techniques that they might consider adding or not using at all.

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
We'll have to politely disagree on the establishment of the nuclear family as being the best way to raise children. :emoji_slight_smile: The majority of psychological documentation shows that a devoted single parent or even two same sex parents often are more successful at raising a psychologically healthy and ultimately well adjusted child than the "traditional" nuclear family.

Same sex parents, sure. There are trashy parents on both sides and also great parents.
As for single parents, no. Never. There are 2 scenarios for a single parent..

1) You are staying at home raising your child and living off the government. Not good.
2) You are working and someone else is raising AND loving your child for you. Even worse.

It takes two people to raise a child properly, no doubt about it.

I will add that I personally think a third criteria would be that high school students should have classes as prerequisites for graduation that go over positive and negative child raising techniques.

A good idea in theory, but I think parents should be teaching this, not teachers. A parent may have very different ideas than the kids teacher.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Btw, nothing beats a mothers breast milk during the very early stages. Formula is terrible.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Same sex parents, sure. There are trashy parents on both sides and also great parents.
As for single parents, no. Never. There are 2 scenarios for a single parent..

1) You are staying at home raising your child and living off the government. Not good.
2) You are working and someone else is raising AND loving your child for you. Even worse.

It takes two people to raise a child properly, no doubt about it.

A good idea in theory, but I think parents should be teaching this, not teachers. A parent may have very different ideas than the kids teacher.

Well, that's why I said "Politely disagree" because I knew we weren't going to agree on that and there's no reason to argue about something we won't agree on. And I do disagree about the single parent thing because you used an false dilemma fallacy as those aren't the only two scenarios. I've known plenty of single parents who work one successful job while they're kids are in school and do great. In fact, my friend Chris was raised completely by his mother and he is probably the happiest, most psychologically well adjusted person I know.

So there is doubt about it in my mind. But what good will it do for us to go one and on about it? It won't.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Well, that's why I said "Politely disagree" because I knew we weren't going to agree on that and there's no reason to argue about something we won't agree on. And I do disagree about the single parent thing because you used an false dilemma fallacy as those aren't the only two scenarios. I've known plenty of single parents who work one successful job while they're kids are in school and do great. In fact, my friend Chris was raised completely by his mother and he is probably the happiest, most psychologically well adjusted person I know.

So there is doubt about it in my mind. But what good will it do for us to go one and on about it? It won't.

That's 1 good scenario, most are not like that. I don't think it can ever be preferable to have 1 parent over 2. I'm not doubting that 1 parent can do a good job, but 2 can do better (assuming happy marriage and all that jazz).