Do you plan on having kids?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I can take both of you on. :tough:
14353815584687-6udpn.gif

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I am shocked you haven't taken this to the next level and did a name change and stole a picture of him.
I hope I don't kick myself in the rear for pointing that out.
Give me a pic and I will. :p

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I should have gone into astronomy. At least then if I stared at nothing for hours it still would have had only one conclusion :emoji_slight_smile:
It's funny you mention that particular course. I took it in college and it was literally all memorization. The thought process was virtually non-existent.

The detachment helps forms the framework for the research because all you have available is the data itself, rather than its interpretation.

"How can it be that mathematics, being after all a product of human thought which is independent of experience, is so admirably appropriate to the objects of reality?" - Albert Einstein

"Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas." - Albert Einstein

These two quotes stuck with me throughout school and your quote brought it right back again.

The increased probability of generating only one conclusion is a luxury in academics. For that reason alone, I probably should have majored math.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's funny you mention that particular course. I took it in college and it was literally all memorization. The thought process was virtually non-existent.

The detachment helps forms the framework for the research because all you have available is the data itself, rather than its interpretation.

"How can it be that mathematics, being after all a product of human thought which is independent of experience, is so admirably appropriate to the objects of reality?" - Albert Einstein

"Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas." - Albert Einstein

These two quotes stuck with me throughout school and your quote brought it right back again.

The increased probability of generating only one conclusion is a luxury in academics. For that reason alone, I probably should have majored math.

Sorry you didn't have a chance to be thoughtful in the class. My first astronomy teacher (he looked like Tom Petty) hated memorization. All the tests were open book. He taught us math, the equations and how to figure out the composition of exoplanets using the limited tools we had. My project was tracking the orbit of Mercury and then explaining how Newton's Law of Gravitation couldn't explain the orbit of Mercury but Einstein's theory of relativity could. It was really one of my favorites classes ever.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't have a chance to be thoughtful in the class. My first astronomy teacher (he looked like Tom Petty) hated memorization. All the tests were open book. He taught us math, the equations and how to figure out the composition of exoplanets using the limited tools we had. My project was tracking the orbit of Mercury and then explaining how Newton's Law of Gravitation couldn't explain the orbit of Mercury but Einstein's theory of relativity could. It was really one of my favorites classes ever.
Don't be. I wasn't. That class ruled.

Logic has its place, but spirituality and belief have their place as well.
Parenting requires the human element, independent of pure logic.
The best case scenario possibly involves cultivating a community of accountable and trustworthy people with different skills and strengths. Within the community, the children within experience socialization, wisdom and vocational skills. Utilizing this format, any individual parent would feel less of a need to be perfect because other community members could potentially in the gaps.

Maybe this is the meaning of the proverb, "It takes a village to raise a child."

Reactions: Jacob Fox