• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do You Download?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

I just wish I could actually get my blank DS cart to work right. 30 games for the price of a 4Gb Micro SD sounded like a good investment at the time.

If I DL any games they are always roms, these torrents are amazing for finding comic books you are not sure if you should buy(how I found out about The Walking Dead), and movies galore. I couldnt imagine life without DLs.

Killswitch

I used to download all my movies and music along with wrestling ppvs using torrents, but it became unsafe when I had my provider mailed me about it and I had to stop.

Luckily before all the uploading sites were taken down I used those, but sense I haven't downloaded nearly as much and now result to youtube mp3 converter to get all my music.

chefboyardee

i love utorrent .i download all my xbox 360 games from sites like xspeeds and demonoid.fuck paying 59.99 for videogames i prefer free.i also use it for movies,the 360 dosent have a bd drive but you can still download a 1080p torrent file and use a program called xenon mkv to get it to play in hd on your 360 so fuck bluray as well.

Pete

I used to download all my movies and music along with wrestling ppvs using torrents, but it became unsafe when I had my provider mailed me about it and I had to stop.

Luckily before all the uploading sites were taken down I used those, but sense I haven't downloaded nearly as much and now result to youtube mp3 converter to get all my music.

That's about to get shut down too, there's already some videos you can't convert :p

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

^Reading ANYTHING not on a website on a computer = no thanks.

Actually reading a comic on a computer isnt that bad, because of the art, there is very little white space (alot of people hate reading on a computer because of the bright backlight), and normally only takes 5 minutes to read the entire issue.

Image comics has an entire selection of #1's you can read for free, Marvel gives away a free issue to read every day, and DC even has "digital first" titles like Smallville Season 11, & Batman: Arkham Unhinged. You also have tablet apps like Comixology, where you can get a DL code out of a physical comic and to preserve the condition read it on your tablet.

Pete

LOL I don't read comics anymore. Was into it back in the day of Battle Chasers (1 issue every 2 years), Danger Girl, Mutant X, etc...

I feel old :p

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Most of the people who buy comics at my LCBS, are older than me. Most who work there are younger than me. Rarely do I see chidren in the store, unless theres free comics for A's on report cards. Most of todays readers are 30+, so dont feel old, especially when I can say I remember buying Iron Fist #1.

Pete

Blimey, what I mentioned up there was a good ten years ago! I was in my last two years of high school/sixth form!

But yeah, comics kind of lost their appeal over time. Will still watch any comic book movies and such, but haven't bought one in years.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

I stopped in the mid 90's, but some of my favorites have been relaunched like Defenders, Age of Apocalypse, Ninja Turtles, and Watchmen, and I have checked out a few newer titles Uncanny X-Men has Cyclops leading a team with Juggernaut, Magneto, Sub-Mariner, & White Queen, and Wolverine has re-opened the Westchester School, that has a former Apocalypse, & an Apocalypse clone, as well as Gladiators son & a Brood seperated from the hive mind. And Gambit teaches sex ed.!

Downloading them has saved me alot of money over the last few years, any books I like I try to find, and the ones I dont like I dont bother with.

Mr.Mayhem

Usually use mediafire . My internet speed doesnot allow me to use torrentz since the file sizes are extremely large .I Download a lot of movies , Music e.t.c.. Cant bother myself spending money on overpriced crappy music on itunes, a little bit of search on internet saves shitload of money . ;)