Dick Clark dead at 82

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
clark_a.jpg

TV producer and host Dick Clark died in Los Angeles of an apparent heart attack Wednesday at age 82, according to the Associated Press.

Clark had a long career on both sides of the camera, hosting the New Year's Eve special from Times Square as well as American Bandstand, $25,000 Pyramid and specials such as the Miss U.S.A. pageant.

In 2004, Clark suffered a stroke and had been coping with the effects since. He had remained determined to appear on his New Year's Eve show, now hosted by Ryan Seacrest, who often cites Clark as the model for his own career.

"Dick Clark was significant in transforming the record business into an international industry," the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame said in a citation. "His weekly televised record hops — which predated MTV by 25 years — played an integral role in establishing rock and roll, keeping it alive and shaping its future."

Sad news for the entertainment industry.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Ben

Reaction score
82 is a nice long life, and really the guy did so much that looking back he had a great life.

Was just sad to see him on the New Years Eve special after the stroke he had, could barley talk and just didn't look good.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So when he died, did anyone count it down?

ummm......Hip-Hop........Japanese Wrestling.........good Adam Sandler Movies.......Dick Clark.

THINGS THAT ARE DEAD!!!

Ryan

Reaction score
Never saw him in his prime, but maybe in a way it's good because he might have looked like he was in good spirits on New Year's Eve but like someone said but he could just barely talk.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
He seemed legit happy all the time. Sucks to see him go. Rest in Peace man. Hope Seacrest doesn't fuck up what you worked so hard to make awesome! :)

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
I found this news really sad when I found out about it a while back. However, I did not know where to post this. I am just curious how New Years Eve will go over this year without his looks and charm to bring in the New Year.