Devitt = Finn Bálor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
A lot of guys said Vince cares tremendously about the health of his workers.
No. No health insurance for an occupation where you are ruining your body on a nightly basis.
The night after Lesnar's botched SSP, he worked the next night.
The night after Hogan slammed Andre and shredded his back, he worked the Japanese tour.
Remember when Owen Hart died? The show went on. VInce doesn't care about his worker's health.

You kind of lost the argument when you resorted to insults IMO. Guys who Americanise their names tend to be American / Canadian don't they?
Somebody ripped my fascism take by trying to be cute.
No, Ritchie Valens was an american pop star in the 50's who changed his name to get over,

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Somebody ripped my fascism take by trying to be cute.
No, Ritchie Valens was an american pop star in the 50's who changed his name to get over,

He was pretty respectful and you called him a tool, just seems to be reaching IMO. Right so some people have changed their names, why must everyone? Is Hulk Hogan an American name or The Rock or CM Punk or Rey Mysterio or Batista? Sheamus is another example of a guy who doesn't have a typical American name but have had success.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He did debut with it on NXT, Ohno had motivation issues for example not because of his name. Bautista was a trademark thing wasn't it? Still doesn't sound very American either way IMO. Does CM Punk sound imitating or Daniel Bryan? Also are we still taking about being Americanised or imitating now, why must a name be imitating also?
Kassius Ohno was a stupid name.
CM Punk is plenty intimidating, if we're being honest. If a couple of 'punks' were outside your house, would you not be a bit uneasy?
Daniel Bryan's only problem is it isn't easily chantable. When he originally debuted, the didn't foresee him being so popular.

This isn't theater or choosing a pen name. If they allow him to keep the name, it shows me they don't really believe he's going to be that popular.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Kassius Ohno was a stupid name.
CM Punk is plenty intimidating, if we're being honest. If a couple of 'punks' were outside your house, would you not be a bit uneasy?
Daniel Bryan's only problem is it isn't easily chantable. When he originally debuted, the didn't foresee him being so popular.

This isn't theater or choosing a pen name. If they allow him to keep the name, it shows me they don't really believe he's going to be that popular.
Agree to disagree? I don't see either of us changing the others opinion and it's pretty late here now.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He was pretty respectful and you called him a tool, just seems to be reaching IMO. Right so some people have changed their names, why must everyone? Is Hulk Hogan an American name or The Rock or CM Punk or Rey Mysterio or Batista? Sheamus is another example of a guy who doesn't have a typical American name but have had success.
Hulk Hogan was very fitting for a 6'8 275 lbs man who would get over in North American and then world wide.
The Rock is the same.
Batista is the same.
Rey Mysterio had a ceiling and WWE knew that. It's why his World title reigns were dogsh*t.
Sheamus isn't successful, he's liked. There's a difference.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Agree to disagree? I don't see either of us changing the others opinion and it's pretty late here now.
I've always dug debating with you, Seabs. I prefer this version of you. Anytime, buddy.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
5de222a4b53751c15f48a166bef1827e._.jpg

9ae912e8a04a2d885aa46741e227fa03.png

- The Ascension called out Hideo Itami and his mystery partner. The big screen says "Prince Devitt" but flashes to Finn Balor and out comes Devitt to make his debut. He got a huge reaction and the crowd went nuts. Balor and Itami destroyed The Ascension and left them beat up pretty bad.

The specific episode should be up November 6th. So, it looks like it'll be official for now. If anything I could see the WWE dropping his first name down the road like they've done recently.

Edit: Here's a vid of it

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

- The Ascension called out Hideo Itami and his mystery partner. The big screen says "Prince Devitt" but flashes to Finn Balor and out comes Devitt to make his debut. He got a huge reaction and the crowd went nuts. Balor and Itami destroyed The Ascension and left them beat up pretty bad.

The specific episode should be up November 6th. So, it looks like it'll be official for now. If anything I could see the WWE dropping his first name down the road like they've done recently.

Nice find.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Holy shit....Kenta and Devitt....I mean Itami and Balor...Now that's a tag team I can get behind...

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Looks like the name change did not hurt one iota.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That was fucking awesome. Balor and Itami as a tag team? Hell yeah!

I marked out when I saw Prince Devitt on the big screen, then it changed to Finn Balor and I was like 'This better be awesome' and it was. Name change didn't hurt at all. Would be cool if he got to do that body paint, Carnage and stuff from time to time, though.

Balor's theme music is damn good, plus I think it really works with his name, it has that vibe of 'Sure Death'.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
That was fucking awesome. Balor and Itami as a tag team? Hell yeah!

I marked out when I saw Prince Devitt on the big screen, then it changed to Finn Balor and I was like 'This better be awesome' and it was. Name change didn't hurt at all. Would be cool if he got to do that body paint, Carnage and stuff from time to time, though.

His titantron includes a picture of himself in body paint.

He'll most likely bust it out for big shows or as "war paint" in blood feuds.

Reactions: Roi

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
His titantron includes a picture of himself in body paint.

He'll most likely bust it out for big shows or as "war paint" in blood feuds.

Well, here's to hoping he does that. That'd be so cool. I absolutely love everything about the guy.