Depression

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
Do you suffer from it? How do you cope with it?

It is something that is common within people. I've found on other forums that depression runs pretty high. I wouldn't consider myself as depressed, although there are times I feel down for no apparent reason whatsoever but I'm boiling that down to being human nature. I had severe depression at one stage in my life, due to being on crutches for nearly 4 months and I found it difficult to wake up everyday knowing that each day was going to suck. When I got off crutches, things took a turn for the better and life became awesome. Fast forward to the present day and you could say I'm semi-satisfied with my life, there are always areas I'd like to improve on. I've been focusing on bettering myself a lot lately, by exercising and playing sports regularly. Although nowadays I find myself shitty, or down for no apparent reason more regularly than in the past but I'm boiling that down to human nature moreso than depression. I guess you could say I have tendencies of depression.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I have dealt with depression for most of my life, and although I have never officially been diagnosed, I often feel as if its more Bi-Polar than standard depression as I either have really good days, or really bad ones.

I have found that keeping the mind occupied is the key for me, playing videogames, painting Warhammer miniatures, reading books/comics, and even reading and posting here are all things I have used in the past to keep my mind off whatever is bothering me. The painting has proven to be the best option, as I often get lost in the preparation and planning of the colour schemes, and seeing the final project usually helps me to feel better about myself.

My advice is to try and find something you enjoy doing, that would yield quick, positive results. I used to have depressive fits for weeks on end, and now I can usually fight it off within a day or two.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I've only ever felt those little moments of depression. Each time I've listened to music. Music has always been a big part of my life, and has thus gotten me through some rough times. Everybody has a different way of dealing with it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm one of the more positive people you'll find so depression has never been a problem with me at all. I've dealt with a few friends being depressed but none too bad, haven't really had much experience with it in real life tbh, just over the Internet and such.

Reactions: 1 person

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I want to say I'm depressed but I've never been diagnosed. I'd definitely say I've been unhappy for a while though, pretty much since I finished high school. Some of it is loneliness, most of it has to do with not knowing what to do with my life. I never really had a girlfriend before which only worries now that my social life has really slipped away, I stopped enjoying the things my friends do and it seems like they're usually busy with their own stuff so I barely see them. I do have bouts of plain bad moods that go on for days and at my worst I'm pitying myself and have no energy, or getting anxious or angry for no reason.

I've been juggling thoughts long enough to know I'm really bored with my life right now and I want to start doing something that I can be proud of and tell people about. I just can't figure out or explain to people why I can't pick something or what's holding me back. My mind is like twisted ball of logic and emotions that I can't untangle.

AF.

Reaction score
I want to say I'm depressed but I've never been diagnosed. I'd definitely say I've been unhappy for a while though, pretty much since I finished high school. Some of it is loneliness, most of it has to do with not knowing what to do with my life. I never really had a girlfriend before which only worries now that my social life has really slipped away, I stopped enjoying the things my friends do and it seems like they're usually busy with their own stuff so I barely see them. I do have bouts of plain bad moods that go on for days and at my worst I'm pitying myself and have no energy, or getting anxious or angry for no reason.

Get out of my mind! This sums up me pretty well. Before school finished I was never sad, always happy. I've only started feeling the way you do more recently and I have no idea why. A small part of me wants to see how life is with a girlfriend but I haven't found anybody I'd be willing to date really. And as for the friends part, I have the same problem, although I usually spend my whole weekend with mates I rarely hear from them during the week (which is understandable).

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
The 1st Relationship I Was In It Was A Abusive One. It Lasted 3 And Half Years. About 4 Bad Years. It’s Put Me In A Depression But When I Got Beat Up So Bad I Was Put In The Hospital That's When I Decided To Leave. It Isn't Something I Care Much To Talk About.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I get depressed from time to time, mostly because I am slowly dying from a lung disease. I used to be a great athlete and everything good about my life has been stolen from me. I can't play sports anymore and that was my outlet for any sort of depression or anxiety.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I dealt with it mostly when I just didn't have a lot going on in my life. Lack of direction and drug use will trigger that shit in a big fucking hurry.

Just have to clean up and get your priorities straight, even if it means taking on more pressure. The more REAL shit you have to worry about, the less down on yourself you feel (from my experience). You just start focusing on what is under your control and you just sort of quit giving a shit about things you can't. That's probably the best strategy. It's just a big step for some people who feel they already have too much to worry about.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You know I think there is a real issue these days. Everyone feels the need to be diagnosed by something anything. Used to be you sucked that shit up and dealt with it instead of claiming well I'm depressed and I need pills or a therapist, don't get me wrong I think in some cases its warranted but in others it's just a matter of manning the fuck up and dealing with your issues. After all 9/10 you got yourself in that position in the first place.

Now personally I don't get depressed all that often I like to focus on those things that cause me issues. So I rage a lot.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm one of those people who doesn't get depressed, I'm calm and cool all the time and I'm always positive of the situation at hand.