Current NXT Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killz

Reaction score
So who's still watching? No-one? I'm not in the LEAST surprised because the RIDICULOUS games make me want to die. And also a point, I don't care if WWE have given up on NXT and it's now just a novelty, how are any of the winners EVER going to get over if the commentators are constantly saying 'omg who cares about this?!' straight down the mic?

HOWEVER! I have begun watching some clips of two men currently still in the competition and that is Derek Bateman and Brodus Clay. These two guys would have benefited from being season 1 or season 2 superstars when people still cared because they have been supreme out of this class of losers and nobodies.

Brodus' repulsive body is not indicative of his movement or in-ring work because he's been sound and is a good prospect as a monster heel. Derek, too, is so natural on the mic, legit hilarious but actually has a built body too. Like a slightly more ripped and defined Colt Cabana. Both of these guys I see as main roster calibre talent.

You guys been keeping up with em? What do ya think?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've seen a few episodes of this season, and by few I mean two. Broadus Clay stood out the most to me, not because of his girth, but because he looks like a friend of mine. Was a bodyguard for Snoop and Snoop is backing his votes on Twitter and Facebook, so he looks like the favorite to win. Bateman looks like Andy Samberg on steroids, seems entertaining enough, but the novelty of NXT wore out along time ago. Hopefully it gets scrapped for Tough Enough.

Reaction score
I don't think I have watched a whole episode after Season 1 ended. Season 2 was not too bad, but then the rest has been so stupid it's unreal. I catch a bit here and there, but it is just sad to watch. It isn't helped by everyone dissing it though you're right. I like NXT as a concept, but it needs to be sorted out for next season. I think it will fade away by the end of the year with Tough Enough back on television after Wrestlemania.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
The divas season killed it for me.

NXT isn't great, but it's still a lot better than ECW was.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I stopped watching when they did a divas season. I watched NXT Season 4 for the first time the other day and I started watching a wrestling themed Jeopardy contest between the rookies. It was terrible and that is what kills NXT, the challenges are jokes and therefore ruins the concept. I hope that they stop running the series especially with Tough Enough returning.

The divas season killed it for me.

NXT isn't great, but it's still a lot better than ECW was.

Take that back! I really liked the ECW that WWE was producing especially near the end. It was a great mixture of new stars and veterans who needed a career revamp. It had more wrestling than any other program and it relied less on backstage skits. I would rather they have kept that show plus it received much bigger ratings than NXT did.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Troy said:
Take that back! I really liked the ECW that WWE was producing especially near the end. It was a great mixture of new stars and veterans who needed a career revamp. It had more wrestling than any other program and it relied less on backstage skits. I would rather they have kept that show plus it received much bigger ratings than NXT did.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, sure it wasn't like the old ECW, but that ECW wouldn't have worked anyway. I explained this in someones column a few months ago. I liked the fact that Jomo and Evan Bourne were having amazing matches that took up damn near the entire show. Mark Henry was at his best, and Christian was a champion, Swagger was a credible champion, not like that garbage run he had last year. I would've loved to have stuck with that third brand, should've just renamed it something else. Was the best exposure of new talent that WWE had, now they are in sink or swim mode on the other shows and are more often than not drowning.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ECW made more stars than NXT has or will and it made them in a shorter time frame as well plus it rebooted the careers of people like Mark Henry. Henry was a great champion and was a ratings draw as well. It was the perfect third brand, it wasn't used to compete with RAW and Smackdown it was used as a feeder between developmental and the main brands. NXT should have been better than that but it has clearly been a failure and it won't produce the big stars that ECW created.

They should have remaned it like you said so that people would stop comparing it with the old ECW when clearly it wasn't meant to be a copy of that it was just used to get publicity for the third brand.

Has WWE announced that they will do a fifth season of NXT?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Season 5 is scheduled to begin on March 8th. There’s no confirmation yet on plans for the next season but there has been talk of doing a father-son theme with WWE Legends and their sons in developmental.
Seems to be the rumour floating around for NXT. Don't see how they can do it after mostof the second generation wrestlers are already on the main roster.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking at the FCW roster the only names I can see that are second generation wrestlers are Taylor Rotunda, Brett DiBiase, Orlando Colon and Joe Anoa'i. I like the idea of the Legends actually mentoring their own sons.

Would have been a good idea a few seasons ago but now I am not so sure.