Could Batista return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
riple H has recently been in talks with Dave Batista in regards to a WWE return for the former WWE Champion. Apparently the company has been “very pleased†with how much The Rock and Brock Lesnar have been able to improve business despite the limited schedules they’ve worked. Because of this, they’re willing to offer Batista a similar schedule.

The issue is really just coming down to money. Batista wants what was described as a “monster deal†to only work a few times a year and WWE doesn’t see his worth as “anywhere close†to Rock or Brock. Another issue is that WWE does not want to risk completely overhauling their pay scale, if suddenly all the top guys want major full-time money for sporadic part-time appearances.

Obviously, there are many in the locker room that aren’t happy about Brock and Rock working so little while making more than everybody else, but at least WWE is able to position it as The Rock being a movie star and Brock being a UFC star, and therefore being more of outside celebrities than full-time wrestlers at this point.

Nobody really sees Batista at that level, and word going around is that Batista is going to have to come way down on his money demands if he wants to come in. He’s eager to return part-time and Triple H is very much in favour of getting him back in the fold, but as seen with Steve Austin out year after year, it’s not always easy to get these deals done.

I am a massive Batista fan so I will be extremely happy if he does return.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
This Won't happen but would be cool to see Lesnar defeat HHH again at WM, then attack HHH again the following night. Batista comes out to make the save, and we have a match.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
He's not worth any amount of money. I like him and all, but he obviously thinks he's king shit if he's asking for so much money. Plus, doesn't he look like shit now?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well if you look at it like this, Dave is better than Punk, as the B to Cenas A. In fact Dave has been better than everyone they tried to fit in the role, so he would obviously help there. And he is going to be starring in a Marvel movie soon, so he will be a bigger name outside wrestling. He's never had a wellness strike or any public debacle, and he can be counted on as your champion in a pinch, as well as draw big for the blue brand historically.

If I'm Dave, I get asking for a high price, its just smart. If I'm trips I don't give initially, but we work something out. Lets be real, Rey's days are numbered, and Dave is 10x the investment Jericho is payback wise.

Hope it gets done

AF.

Reaction score
No more part timers WWE. Make the next Batista. Don't bring the old one back.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Well if you look at it like this, Dave is better than Punk, as the B to Cenas A. In fact Dave has been better than everyone they tried to fit in the role, so he would obviously help there. And he is going to be starring in a Marvel movie soon, so he will be a bigger name outside wrestling. He's never had a wellness strike or any public debacle, and he can be counted on as your champion in a pinch, as well as draw big for the blue brand historically.

If I'm Dave, I get asking for a high price, its just smart. If I'm trips I don't give initially, but we work something out. Lets be real, Rey's days are numbered, and Dave is 10x the investment Jericho is payback wise.

Hope it gets done

Kevin Nash has been in Marvel movies too, I wouldn't class him as someone who is worth as much as Rock & Brock. Besides if Guardians of the Galaxy sales are anything like Punisher: War Zone then its a victory, they are not trying to recreate the Avengers, or they wouldn't have Troma alumni James Gunn behind it.

If I never see Batista back in a ring, then I can stay happy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Batista/Lesnar would be a big deal.

Give him a blank cheque.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
AF. said:
No more part timers WWE. Make the next Batista. Don't bring the old one back.

Absolutely 100% with this guy on this one.

Cesaro or Ryback are perfectly acceptable candidates IMO.

*If WWE decide to bring back Batista for an exorbitant price while making the locker room work for prolonged periods at a lower rate, Cena and Orton should walk to TNA and stay there. I know, it sounds silly and will probably never happen, but it's what they would deserve if they think that Batista is anywhere close to opposing Rock or Lesnar in terms of name value.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I kind of stopped reading this thread when Psych said Batista was better than Punk.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much agree with the notion that we got enough part time guys as it is. If he came back I wouldn't mind depending on how he was used but if he never came back I wouldn't really be unhappy about it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Absolutely 100% with this guy on this one.

Cesaro or Ryback are perfectly acceptable candidates IMO.

*If WWE decide to bring back Batista for an exorbitant price while making the locker room work for prolonged periods at a lower rate, Cena and Orton should walk to TNA and stay there. I know, it sounds silly and will probably never happen, but it's what they would deserve if they think that Batista is anywhere close to opposing Rock or Lesnar in terms of name value.
Orton? Guy with two strikes, multiple explosive moments, never sold or drew well, and the lesser of the three members of Evolution in terms of what he became? That Orton? Orton not being pushed is all on him for not selling and getting those strikes, as he created his own trust issues

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I kind of stopped reading this thread when Psych said Batista was better than Punk.
As a star? Yes he is better than the average hoe look. As Cenas second? There hasn't been anyone better than Dave, bigger than Dave, and even Punk has never been subjected to the same grind as Dave as there was a two year period where Dave worked more dates than even Cena with live events included. Dave's the better draw of the two, bigger presence, he can sell a match and make everything more important than Punk who doesn't look impressive at all when placed aside a Rck or Cena and you see him in his cargo shorts, hoodie, and plain shirt like he belongs sitting in the audience

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Orton? Guy with two strikes, multiple explosive moments, never sold or drew well, and the lesser of the three members of Evolution in terms of what he became? That Orton? Orton not being pushed is all on him for not selling and getting those strikes, as he created his own trust issues

Ok.....Cena and Punk then. Or Cena and Sheamus.

The point was not that Orton is as big a name in comparison to Cena or that he is some mega super star, but Batista is deluded if he thinks that he's anywhere near The Rock or Brock Lesnar in terms of name value. If he decides to come back, fine, but he should be a full timer and not a part time wrestler.

Not that you and I have any say in the issue, but I'd be really pissed off if Batista was offered an exorbitant contract for working part time while Cena works at the same price full time, that just has "pile of bullshit" written all over it.

It's about time WWE created new stars instead of going back to old ones. There's only so many you can reach out to until there's no one left. They need to create new superstars like Cena and Orton coming to the front in 2004. Like Stone Cold, Rock and Triple H during the WWF era. No more old ones please.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He's not Rockor Brock but he's bigger than Sheamus, Punk, Orton ... He knows that, its not arguable that he is a bigger, better star with better playoffs than them. It's like if HBK wanted to return, give him a HBK like schedule. It makes no sense to say Dave can't get a part time gig yet support Jericho for instance because he has never been in the same realm as Dave let alone Rock or Brock, yet he can come and go freely as a part timer

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's not Rockor Brock but he's bigger than Sheamus, Punk, Orton ... He knows that, its not arguable that he is a bigger, better star with better playoffs than them. It's like if HBK wanted to return, give him a HBK like schedule. It makes no sense to say Dave can't get a part time gig yet support Jericho for instance because he has never been in the same realm as Dave let alone Rock or Brock, yet he can come and go freely as a part timer

Ah, but Batista isn't a 5' 5", 150lbs guy who can do a bunch of chops and kicks and cut monotonous heel promos so he's worthless.

Seriously, Batista offers way more than Punk or Jericho. He actually looks like a big deal and doesn't look like some accountant or Starbucks barista. Hence why Batista was in the big Mania matches and said golden boys were filling out the card.

Smackdown hasn't been watchable since Big Dave left his spot. He carried that godawful show on his back for years.