Could Batista return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cork people can't appreciate the polo pimp, but he is a better face or heel than anyone outside the big 5 on the roster. No the big 5 is Cena, Rock, Brock, Trips, and Taker to be clear

[video=youtube;iKyh_yxdB18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKyh_yxdB18[/video]

Professionalism that Orton lacks, the physical presence that Punk can never give off, and the credibility of not losing to everyone like Jericho.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
With the amount of people The Rock and Lesnar have drawn in or brought back, what niche of remaining fans could Batista draw?

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't stand Batista so I hope he never returns. Laughable that he wants a deal similar to The Rock or Lesnar when he is a nobody compared to them. He doesn't bring in any outside fanbase that The Rock had from movies and Lesnar had from MMA. Those two are proven PPV draws whereas Batista isn't. He isn't worth it at all.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The only time I was actually starting to enjoy Batista was during his last little run as a heel in the WWE before he left. After they took away all that overblown pyro and he just walked to the ring with a spotlight on him with a really toned-down entrance, he just seemed more legit to me. And the guy was never a bad performer, especially for a guy of his size. In fact I think if you compare him to most people throughout the past 20 years that fit his physical build, he's probably actually one of the best.

But the problem with Batista was packaging and he always seemed very generic to me until they took away all his flashiness and just made him a pure criminal as a heel. That was when I thought Batista really showed his potential. If WWE had stuck with that or even jumped on board with that angle sooner, I think more people would have liked him. I definitely think he's a guy that could have been just as over as Cena or Taker or anyone else, but the problem for him was they way they packaged him. He was never a character that really stood out and that really held him back.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
With the amount of people The Rock and Lesnar have drawn in or brought back, what niche of remaining fans could Batista draw?
The crowd they try to appeal to by bringing Jericho back, only bigger since he's always generated more interest among wrestling casuals to watch the Animal face or heel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Can't stand Batista so I hope he never returns. Laughable that he wants a deal similar to The Rock or Lesnar when he is a nobody compared to them. He doesn't bring in any outside fanbase that The Rock had from movies and Lesnar had from MMA. Those two are proven PPV draws whereas Batista isn't. He isn't worth it at all.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that I cannot stand the man but he isn't worth the same deal that Lesnar or Rock are getting, goes to show how much of an egomaniac the man is.

We Are Legion said:
The only time I was actually starting to enjoy Batista was during his last little run as a heel in the WWE before he left. After they took away all that overblown pyro and he just walked to the ring with a spotlight on him with a really toned-down entrance, he just seemed more legit to me. And the guy was never a bad performer, especially for a guy of his size. In fact I think if you compare him to most people throughout the past 20 years that fit his physical build, he's probably actually one of the best.

But the problem with Batista was packaging and he always seemed very generic to me until they took away all his flashiness and just made him a pure criminal as a heel. That was when I thought Batista really showed his potential. If WWE had stuck with that or even jumped on board with that angle sooner, I think more people would have liked him. I definitely think he's a guy that could have been just as over as Cena or Taker or anyone else, but the problem for him was they way they packaged him. He was never a character that really stood out and that really held him back.

Same. That was the time I was slowly turning into a Batista fan but he suddenly took off saying he didn't like the direction the company was going in. That video SAIYANS posted was one of those said badass examples. He should have stayed on. I don't see how much fans the man is going to draw in, the excitement a Batista return is going to cause, specifically if he decides to come back part time, is going to be minimal at best.

Don't forget that the only reason that Batista rose to stardom was because Orton's first face run was an utter flop, if they had booked the Evolution angle properly Batista would've probably never made it to the main event, although it is debatable because everyone says Batista and Triple H are good friends. What would've happened to Batista if Orton's first face run hadn't flopped is open to conjecture.

The world will never know.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Agreed I was never a Batista fan post Evolution until that heel run, he stopped being the generic meat head he was as a face and became more serious which benefited him big time.

And in a way I respect him for being a guy who benefited big time from the PG era, constant Main Eventer, multi time World Champ, plenty of big matches but he wasn't happy with the direction of the WWE and walked away from his cushy spot. Thats commendable.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Well if you look at it like this, Dave is better than Punk, as the B to Cenas A. In fact Dave has been better than everyone they tried to fit in the role, so he would obviously help there. And he is going to be starring in a Marvel movie soon, so he will be a bigger name outside wrestling. He's never had a wellness strike or any public debacle, and he can be counted on as your champion in a pinch, as well as draw big for the blue brand historically.

If I'm Dave, I get asking for a high price, its just smart. If I'm trips I don't give initially, but we work something out. Lets be real, Rey's days are numbered, and Dave is 10x the investment Jericho is payback wise.

Hope it gets done

People wont want to admit it, but that is the truth. Punk and Jericho have more skill in every area but Batista is a bigger star. A year long Title reign, spitting on Bearers death and Punk still cant really get over and Jerich'os just kind of 'there' but thats it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wouldn't go as far as saying that I cannot stand the man but he isn't worth the same deal that Lesnar or Rock are getting, goes to show how much of an egomaniac the man is

I just can't stand him. I will say that his initial face turn and split from HHH was perfectly booked and it was so well executed but I just couldn't get into the character. The fact that he was such a dickhead outside the ring doesn't help.

Reaction score
batista ain't really worth the headache of it. He was only big for a short time He's not going to bring in any NEW fans like Rock or Lesnar

He's not bigger than Jericho. Jericho was one of the biggest names of a different era. Jerichos name brings people back to wrestling that haven't watched in awhile.

Not a single person is turning on wrestling just to see Bautista

Last edited by a moderator: