Coronavirus Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
The LITERALLY Trump-funded Project Veritas is pretty much in-line with InfoWars so don’t go bringing that bullshit in here, or people defending it in here, stating it as fact. They're about as reputable as PragerU or Turning Point USA.

It’s a good thing FB is taking down their stuff, cause it spreads misinformation, which is super dangerous amid a pandemic. Secondly, your freedom of speech doesn't allow you the right to make baseless accusations on social media without consequence or having your content taken down.

If there indeed is bad reporting from CBS, then shame on them. All misinformation, no matter the source, is bad. But, I think it slaps in the face of frontline workers and medical personnel who are putting their lives on the line in states like Washington and New York to fight the virus.

Your TDS is very apparent. Snopes even confirmed the shit CBD was doing. You know they just Looooove Trump.

I see you like censorship. That doesn't surprise me in the least. However,, I won't be censored by someone like you, and I'll bring whatever credible and verified source I want to in this thread or any other for that matter.

Davey, I'll get back to you at some point

Davey, I'll be back later, got to get this day started. I got to get this day started.

Reactions: Davey Wrestling

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Your TDS is very apparent. Snopes even confirmed the shit CBD was doing. You know they just Looooove Trump.

I see you like censorship. That doesn't surprise me in the least. However,, I won't be censored by someone like you, and I'll bring whatever credible and verified source I want to in this thread or any other for that matter.

Davey, I'll get back to you at some point

Davey, I'll be back later, got to get this day started. I got to get this day started.

That’s fine. I don’t really have a side. I predicted Trump would win in ‘16, in fact. Is he a dumbass? Yes. Was he better than Hillary in the minds of most Americans? Yes. I guess I’m just not the biggest fan of people who suggest we should inject disinfectant into ourselves (Snopes confirmed that too).

But honestly, I’m not for censorship. I believe everyone has the right to say what they want, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences for the things you say. Is it censorship to ban Alex Jones from Twitter for his suggesting that Sandy Hook was staged with crisis actors? Obviously not.

In my opinion, if you try to cite sources, use reputable journalists or actual scientists/doctors, not some guy from a right-wing 501c3.

Reactions: Petty

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
2529ea46d46c051d852e611f9c3e8373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
pretty spot fucking on if you ask me.

"Look at me! I'm helping " in his Ralph whigham voice.

2529ea46d46c051d852e611f9c3e8373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Sigh* You know what happens when you throw shade at me right? I throw it back and you go onto make 3 to 5 paragraphs about how the other person is triggered and has a problem with you.

Look at the videos, you will see they're news sources.

Man, had a good convo going with Davey and Patty, then Beavis and Butthead try to be cute.

I'll be back with Pat and Dave soon.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

The look from someone sharing made-up stuff in a video:

images

Imagine being triggered enough to call someone Beavis and Butthead but yet you share these dumb ass videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
The look from someone sharing made-up stuff in a video:

images

Imagine being triggered enough to call someone Beavis and Butthead but yet you share these dumb ass videos.

Ok, you wanna go at me, take it to VIP. We will do it there. Dont cause this thread to get closed. I'll be waiting for you.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Ok, you wanna go at me, take it to VIP. We will do it there. Dont cause this thread to get closed. I'll be waiting for you.

You sound upset. Don't be mad about the truth now sir. You can make all the racket you want. Beat on your chest like your mad. I'll see in the VIP section. I'm acting mad cause someone doesn't agree with the video. Don't cause this thread to get closed. I'll be waiting for you.

Yeah. Go ahead. Go wait in VIP my guy.

Reactions: Pat

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
So, I watched the first video - the rest looked like the "fake news, horror(!)" stuff that didn't exist in the mainstream (i.e non-conspiracy circles) until Donald Trump got voted in and are about things I don't see, so I ignored them.

My thoughts on the first video, as I had them:

(Daily Mail article) Was the lockdown a waste of time or the wrong thing to do? My thoughts: if we do our job well, that's preventing the spread of the disease, then isn't that the question that would be asked because the extreme results didn't materialise?

Dude provides no evidence for the 66% of people getting sick being at home or, as importantly, the circumstances surrounding them (yes, they are at home when it's confirmed, but can anybody confirm that they were at home when they were infected?) - my opinions from my above post stand on this. I'll happily change them if there's evidence from a reputable source that says that these people (whatever the percentage) got infected whilst at home and not in contact with anybody from the outside world.

Emergency hospitals: prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I'm sure in the US this would be "pray" for the best but neither praying nor hoping actually do anything. Countries prepared for the worst case scenario with field hospitals and put measures in place to try and prevent that occuring...but, because those stay at home measures worked theres an issue with the field hospitals existing, or being too large? - this guy doesn't even agree with himself, saying that the field hospitals cost too much money and were an overreaction but that it's good that they were built and weren't used?? Either they shouldn't be there or they should be there (at which point the cost is irrelevant).

The first video seems to be based around this guys opinion backed up by two images of "stories from the UK" in the Daily Mail, which (as with every tabloid) uses hyperbole and confirmation bias to sell itself. It's sole purpose is to make money. For a website that money comes from subscriptions or advertisments which pay out based on hits... (what was it Eric Bischoff said?)

He seems to base a chunk of his opinion around a (not shown) study in the UK? I live in the UK and, in my area at least can confirm that social distancing is only partially happening - there were street parties last night for VE day for example and people are just stopping on the street to talk to each other well within touching distance. I'd estimate around a quarter of the houses on my row are having visitors each and every day, possibly more. Yes that's a small sample size, but it's what I can see with my own eyes.

For the first three years of his (Trumps) presidency the economy was the best America has seen, the guy then flat out says that this makes Trump the best guy to fix the economy once this is over. Which then implys that everything Obama put into place stopped IMMEDIATELY when Trump was voted in? Politics in the US works that quickly? It sure doesn't over here.

NPR appears to be funded by the government? As a consipiracy theory you know better than to use this as evidence, right? - seven minutes or so of this video are dedicated to this guy reading stats from this site, mainly figures about field hospital usage, which I've already discussed above.

I'm still curious where this guys "science" is coming from - because he didn't actually quote or read any published, peer reviewed papers... he just looked at some websites that are extrememly suspect (and in the case of the Daily Mail, definitly biased), read them out and said "stands to reason" a lot.

On the first ammendment - to quote: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Does this over-ride the need to prevent a global pandemic (with a death rate of approximately 7% of those infected) spreading?

Like I say, my thoughts on the video as I had them - none of this changed my mind because there's no reputable evidence here.

I'll have to come back to some other points later, due to the amount of time. The 66% was mentioned in the news article he gave. The article is even in the background. The source and the research are there. Yes, you have to do a little more leg work to get the article, but it is there.

NPR does usually swing to the left, so yes it does have its bias. However, they are not going with the same narrative as those on the same side. Interesting huh?

I do want to touch on your Russian post at some point. Not because I disagree with you. I have found interviews from former KGB agents I thought you may be interested in. I can just PM them to you if you would like to hear them.

• Haha

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

*Sigh* You know what happens when you throw shade at me right? I throw it back and you go onto make 3 to 5 paragraphs about how the other person is triggered and has a problem with you.

Look at the videos, you will see they're news sources.

Man, had a good convo going with Davey and Patty, then Beavis and Butthead try to be cute.

I'll be back with Pat and Dave soon.

Sorry I’m not having the same opinion as you on this. Hell one of my friends lost a friend to it, but I guess that’s a hoax also.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Sorry I’m not having the same opinion as you on this. Hell one of my friends lost a friend to it, but I guess that’s a hoax also.

Different opinion is fine. Attack my sources, my comments, etc. That's how a discussion goes.

There is a difference in calling something a hoax, and calling out folks for weaponizing something and blowing it up. Especially when people are already panicked.

• Haha

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Different opinion is fine. Attack my sources, my comments, etc. That's how a discussion goes.

There is a difference in calling something a hoax, and calling out folks for weaponizing something and blowing it up. Especially when people are already panicked.

Thing is, small or not right now, why not do something to help curb it? I mean it’s already gone above the number certain people you would agree with said.. but fact is, if we didn’t take the action we did it could be worse, even if that was late as well. If we took action sooner things could’ve gotten under control a lot faster and things could be closer to being better. Because it isn’t you or me who needs to worry as much as it is older people or people who’s immune system ain’t the best. Hell mine ain’t good either but I’m more worried of getting it and giving it to my grandma who I’m not sure could fight it as easy. That’s the problem, a lot of people think of themselves and not the people it could actually hurt.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
In Canada, Monday was the first day back at school for kids.

SMDH

Since I was a kid, that province has been dying to dislodge itself from Canada and be it’s own little country, I don’t understand why Canada just doesn’t let it happen. Not sure the numbers now, but, as of a few weeks ago, Quebec was blowing away the rest of the country with cases and deaths. Like two weeks ago, they opened businesses, and, this week, school. Just kill yourselves already, easily the dumbest province ever.

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
In Canada, Monday was the first day back at school for kids.

SMDH

Since I was a kid, that province has been dying to dislodge itself from Canada and be it’s own little country, I don’t understand why Canada just doesn’t let it happen. Not sure the numbers now, but, as of a few weeks ago, Quebec was blowing away the rest of the country with cases and deaths. Like two weeks ago, they opened businesses, and, this week, school. Just kill yourselves already, easily the dumbest province ever.

I am not sure what there is to possibly gain by sending kids back to school this late in the school year. I doubt that their remaining weeks will be productive at all. Everybody is completely emotionally exhausted from this whole thing and kids are probably feeling worse. I think this stems from a desire to get back to "normal".