Connecticut School Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
You can't brawl with someone who has a gun.

I'd like to see Grimlock brawl with a recently paroled 10 year convicted Felon from Chino (one of the worst prisons in the US-basically "stewarded" by Gangs who fight CONSTANTLY) who's high on PCP and pointing an illegally-purchased gun at him.

We'll see how long Grimlock lasts. Any fantasies about him taking said Felon down with elaborate, orchestrated Cage Fighting maneuvers in a blaze of glory would be diminished as he was assaulted and either left for dead with no wallet, or murdered where he stood.

You Euros and Canadians are delusional if you think you're gonna stop that kind of crime with your bare hands. Or you're too stupid to understand. I don't know which.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'M SO HARD I STOP BULLETS WITH MY TEETH.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd like to see Grimlock brawl with a recently paroled 10 year convicted Felon from Chino (one of the worst prisons in the US-basically "stewarded" by Gangs who fight CONSTANTLY) who's high on PCP and pointing an illegally-purchased gun at him.

We'll see how long Grimlock lasts. Any fantasies about him taking said Felon down with elaborate, orchestrated Cage Fighting maneuvers in a blaze of glory would be diminished as he was assaulted and either left for dead with no wallet, or murdered where he stood.

You Euros and Canadians are delusional if you think you're gonna stop that kind of crime with your bare hands. Or you're too stupid to understand. I don't know which.

But I know Kung Fu, cage fighting is for pussies.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
You wouldn't understand why a Soccer mom needs a shotgun in her mini van because you dont live in a country with nearly the social problems and poverty that we do. Not all of us get to live in wonderful Sweden, the Faroe Islands, or peace loving Canada, where I'm told there is no crime and the streets are paved with gold and money just grows on trees. You don't understand our gun culture because your government disarmed all of you, and your indoctrinating state-run media calls us a bunch of barbarous savages, because you want the United abomiNations to disarm us. I agree, Kids should be able to go to school without fear, but up and "fleeing the shores for a boat" is a knee-jerk reaction that isn't realistic for most people.

Oh man, a few bad incidents! I better get on a plane and fly to Switzerland so I can be safe! Hurry! We're going to be murdered any moment by some dangerous American! :rolleyes:

A few commonplace occourance, you can roll your eyes all you want but if sending my little girl to school in America means that everyday she faces the risk of being shot dead (and its a big enough risk to where America schools are locked during the day, have metal detectors and now there's talk of posting armed guards a schools) we'd be looking at going elsewhere.

How can America have all this poverty and social problems when all I ever hear is how its the greatest country in the world? The world media doesnt paint America as some savage hell hole, sure it picks up on shootings like this and we have our laughs at Americas expense but its the same as Americans taking the piss out of every other country. Fun and games, the world isn't out to get America it is however saddened that guns are such an integral part of the society where they seem to mean more than human life.

And no we're not all disarmed in the rest of the world, we still have guns, we just don't feel the need to have a gun just because we can. That's the problem; having guns just because you can.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
And if Australian people have such a "different attitude" as you said, explain why Australia handed down gun bans of their own. Also explain to me why gun crime soared +40% after the ban and crimes against senior citizens went through the roof over 100%.

There's always going to be some in any society/culture, we've had a few massacres here in Australia, but we did something about it. Not just the buy back of assault rifles and stricter gun control but the presentation of guns in society. There's less toy guns here, realistic looking toy guns are a no-no, you might say that's stupid but what it does is it stops the ideal that guns are a part of society, it doesn't get kids used to holding guns and play shooting at each other. Not every kid who holds a toy gun grows up to be a pshyco but some do, and if saving lives means a few kids don't get a capgun its worth it. America needs to realise the same thing. Human life is worth ore than some centuries old right, its worth more than feeling like a tough guy or this idea that for self defense I need a shotgun and a rifle with a scope and 2 pistols. Bringing in more guns, accepting that guns are a part of life only makes it worse because each generation will only feel more and more comfortable with guns and think less about the ramifications about shooting dead someone who's just trying to steal your TV.

Instead of trying to hide behind some ideal that the whole world is gun crazy maybe the culture that is constantly on the news for gun violence should do something to change that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
What's wrong with shooting a thief? Fuck 'em.

I'm glad I don't live in a country that feels sorry for criminals.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I'm not saying feel sorry for them, I have no sympathy for criminals but to shoot someone dead for stealing a TV and then feeling proud about it just seems stupid.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Who said anything about feeling proud about it?

Who even said the thief would necessarily die?

Don't want to get shot, don't break into houses. Sounds like a fair deal to me honestly.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yes, Canada is so superior what with their 35 million citizens and no crime or social issues. It's just a maple syrup Utopia up there. Finger wag us barbarians with guns some more. We've heard it all before and we just roll our eyes at the irrelevant, collective social views of "America's Hat" lol

As for the "Army" that didn't stop Nidal Hassan. Guess what? Their weapons were locked up in arms rooms (aka huge vaults that two or three people in every line unit have access to). Nidal Hassan didn't go out to the firing range, he went to an area on post that was completely gun free: a Soldier Readiness Center with civilian technicians.

My point was that Canada is another country that has a lot of guns yet don't have anywhere near as many issues with guns compared to America. This whole thread is about preventing massacres and Canada have shown that their method works and Australia has shown that their method works. America do need a change it just depends to what extent.

You must not have looked very hard because the Eaton Center mall in downtown Toronto had a shooting this summer. :fp: Only 1 death, but he shot several people. I really don't get the relevance of how many people he killed either. So Canadians are bad shots in comparison... OK? The intent is still there. The Columbine killers were even worse tbh. They fired over 600 rounds and only killed a little over a dozen people. They must have sucked at Doom.

And if Australian people have such a "different attitude" as you said, explain why Australia handed down gun bans of their own. Also explain to me why gun crime soared +40% after the ban and crimes against senior citizens went through the roof over 100%.

A massacre is clearly defined as four or more people killed. That is what I am talking about and posting my ideas on how it can be reduced based on successful methods used in other countries around the world.

Australia handed down gun bans on their own because we, in general as a society, don't like guns. Even before the gun ban the ownership of guns in Australia is much much less not only of the US but of most developed countries. We have never been a society that has many guns around but even after a few incidents we decided as a country that we want to stop the mindless killings and we inacted a plan that has worked tremendously well. Australians attitude to guns is blatantly obvious to see.

The latest stats I can find are 2011 and comparing 2011 statistics to 1996 statistics, 1996 is the year when the Australian Bureau of Statistics started tracking all this data. Homicides and robbery have decreased and with robbery 61% is unarmed whilst assualt and sexual assualt have increased. Property crime has been reduced by a huge margin. Breaking and Entering, which someone claimed had increased by a huge amount since Australians can't shoot intruders anymore, has actually been reduced by half since 1996. Vehicle theft has decreased by close to 60%. The use of firearms in crimes has reduced over the past 15 years as well. Note that I am using the total figures without taking into account the increase in population, approximately 5 million, in the past 15 years and also the increase in crimes actually reported over the past 15 years. I can't find stats to compare on crime rates against senior citizens.

I used the Australian Institute of Criminology for the reports which in turns gets their data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

In the end if I was given the option of being shot and killed or assualted I would definitely pick option B.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
The last massacre I could find in Canada that had more than ten victims was back in 1989. They have restrictions on fully automatic weapons and you can't carry a concealed weapon and it works better for them than in the US.

Everyone hears about things that happen in the US because it is by far the largest western country in the world, it has the largest economy and is a key world power.

With regards to the image in the thread with the claim that violent crime increased in Australia after the gun ban the Australian Attorney General already attacked the NRA on falsifying those statistics years ago. They are well known to be false. Violent crime is lower now then it was before the ban was enacted and is much lower in Australia than in the US.

I live in Penrith, NSW and in the western sydney area there is a big problem with guns with weekly shootings and bikie wars.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I live in Penrith, NSW and in the western sydney area there is a big problem with guns with weekly shootings and bikie wars.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the main gun shootings in Australia these days are bikies shooting other bikies. We have that occasionally here in Adelaide as well but thankfully they just shoot each other and very rarely do innocents get caught in the cross fire, at least in SA.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is probably going to sound like I'm being a huge asshole, but I can't think of a better way to say this.

You guys outside of America arguing about what America should do are getting your perception of America from the same media that the intelligent Americans are calling the main problem in all of this.

Like I've said before, the problem isn't guns, they've been around forever. The problem isn't video games for sure, that's twice as Blue as the gun argument. It's not the gun, it's the shooter. It's not the game, it's the player. The real problem is the media all but glorifying these murderers who should have had help long before, but NOTHING was done despite there almost always being evidence of some mental problem years before these shootings take place.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah other countries are just getting second hand information through American press who intentionally blows this crap up. And it's only the left wing networks like CNN and MSNBC doing it because they're the ones who want gun control. FOX News are the ones saying "Give a gun to every teacher", which even though is not something I agree with, they're the only network that is actually against gun control and not blaming every stupid thing they can.

If other countries actually sent their own reporters over here and did their own investigations, they would be singing a different tune. But they don't care any more about these shootings than the American networks do.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fuck Fox News though, they may not be screaming gun control, but that's only because they know they'd lose their entire audience if they did. They've said some of the stupidest things about this shooting. I swear not one news station has mentioned a word about mental illness and how we can help that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
FOX is batshit no doubt. The fact they continue to air O'Reilly is all the evidence you need. He's probably the only person on earth crazier than they are.