Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Question Chris: What Program are you using to read the Comics if you're downloading them from that Site? I'm using CDisplayEx and it's good, but I had to Zoom in hard even with his Glasses with all that Text from Leviathan Issue 1. I thought Issue 1 of Leviathan was good for me not knowing the Events of lead us to this point so the talking of what happened and the Investigation slowly coming together with Lane and Batman was good. I was waiting for Batsy to start to get really physical with Trevor with what could possibly happen, but he knows he can't lose his cool and risk not getting the info he needs. I'm really curious on who that Masked Person running away from the Scene and who is Leviathan you see in the last few pages can't wait to read Issue 2 tomorrow.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Question Chris: What Program are you using to read the Comics if you're downloading them from that Site? I'm using CDisplayEx and it's good, but I had to Zoom in hard even with his Glasses with all that Text from Leviathan Issue 1. I thought Issue 1 of Leviathan was good for me not knowing the Events of lead us to this point so the talking of what happened and the Investigation slowly coming together with Lane and Batman was good. I was waiting for Batsy to start to get really physical with Trevor with what could possibly happen, but he knows he can't lose his cool and risk not getting the info he needs. I'm really curious on who that Masked Person running away from the Scene and who is Leviathan you see in the last few pages can't wait to read Issue 2 tomorrow.

ComicRack

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah Comicrack is way better a Program to use. I read Issue 2 of Leviathan with it and the scrolling is way better and I don't have to zoom in like to read the Text. It's interesting what Leviathan has plans for the World, dude/lady is trying to get Plastic Man to join up with him and he was like yeah no. It seems we've got a team developing, now please time to fuck shit up in Issue 3 Superheroes!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah Comicrack is way better a Program to use. I read Issue 2 of Leviathan with it and the scrolling is way better and I don't have to zoom in like to read the Text. It's interesting what Leviathan has plans for the World, dude/lady is trying to get Plastic Man to join up with him and he was like yeah no. It seems we've got a team developing, now please time to fuck shit up in Issue 3 Superheroes!

It's a great team of detectives

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I forgot to mention Months ago I read Doomsday Clock the first 2 Issues and really liked it. I'm going to get caught up on that as well those two Characters who were like Harley Quinn and Joker that I believe broke outta Jail woah.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Like to read some of the retro superhero comics (I love cheesy shit like the ads!). Recently been reading some 1996 Cat Woman. Enjoying those a lot. Some fun dialogue, decent plot and cool design. Cat Woman VS. The Mummy is a bit of a gem I found too.

Recently got Batman Madlove and Other Stories. Not read it yet? Anyone read it?

And been getting the new Buffy and Angel comics of course.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Leviathan Issue 3 was another good read. The Team of Detectives got their asses whopped by Red Hood who looks completely different than I'm used to seeing. Still he had the info they needed from him involving Amanda who gets a call from Leviathan wanting a Tea Time sit down with her. Supes got their just time now were in for a treat for Issue 4 I'm reading that tomorrow!

I picked up Saga, and Sara to add to my reading list as well!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Leviathan Issue 3 was another good read. The Team of Detectives got their asses whopped by Red Hood who looks completely different than I'm used to seeing. Still he had the info they needed from him involving Amanda who gets a call from Leviathan wanting a Tea Time sit down with her. Supes got their just time now were in for a treat for Issue 4 I'm reading that tomorrow!

I picked up Saga, and Sara to add to my reading list as well!

Red Hood's series has been fun this year, has taken over the Iceberg Lounge and trying to run it straight but not doing a good job at not killing people even tho he's trying his best

• Love

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Red Hood's series has been fun this year, has taken over the Iceberg Lounge and trying to run it straight but not doing a good job at not killing people even tho he's trying his best

The best Red Hood then fuck shit up and ask questions later. Once I finish Issue 4 of Leviathan that leaves up some spots Red Hood and Nightwing are two Characters I dearly love and need to read up on for sure.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The best Red Hood then fuck shit up and ask questions later. Once I finish Issue 4 of Leviathan that leaves up some spots Red Hood and Nightwing are two Characters I dearly love and need to read up on for sure.

Nightwing is so weird rn but I'm still fucking with the book even tho the premise is dumb. He got shot in the head lost his memory so he goes by Ric instead of Dick (not a bad move) and is still trying to find himself.

I'll be done with the marvel ones tomorrow morning and have my thoughts on them posted, just in time to start downloading this next week's

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thoughts on last week's Marvel comics:

Absolute Carnage: Symbiote of Vengeance #1 - They working in Absolute Carnage with the current Johnny Blaze story too :homer: this fuckin’ ruled, more OP Carnage just wrecking people. I’ve been loving how much Danny Ketch has been featured in a few books lately even though he was a lackluster Ghost Rider on his own, this reluctant bar owner that just has to bust out the demon at times is way better.

Absolute Carnage vs. Deadpool #2 - Still a ton of fun, Deadpool is really so much better when he’s just cracking jokes and not breaking the fourth wall a ton. Not as hilarious as issue one, but I’m really enjoying how much Carnage is obsessed with Deadpool when dude’s just trying to live his life.

Age of Conan: Valeria #2 - Good shit, I don’t know enough of the Conan lore to know these secondary characters that are getting their own comics, but I have been enjoying them a ton and it’s made me even more interested in the world of Conan, very glad he’s apart of the main Marvel Universe now. Valeria rules so far, can’t wait for more of this.

The Amazing Spider-Man #29 - God dammit this issue was frustrating af especially with that little twist at the end :frown: Good shit though, like when I say frustrating it’s not because of bad writing...but good fuckin’ writing to make me feel both Spider-Man and MJ’s frustrations. I can’t believe Spider-Man literally doing everything right and things not going his way is still this good of a read considering they’ve been doing this shit since the 60s, but man it still rules.

Black Cat #4 - Oh man Felicia just stealing random shit from superheroes is a comic I needed and this one looks like it’ll keep being awesome. I can’t see this Fantastic Four arc being as good as her robbing Doctor Strange, but I’m here for it so far.

Captain Marvel #10 - Good revelation here from some of the mysteries we’ve had the last few episodes. The Star reveal wasn’t that big for me mainly bc I don’t really remember the reporter for issue 1 that well, but at least Carol does. Nothing really special here, just a solid adventure that’s going towards it’s conclusion.

Daredevil #11 - This keeps becoming more and more amazing. With the Netflix show canceled, it seems like they’ve pulled the comic back to that kind of down to earth, local Hell’s Kitchen vibes instead of trips to Japan and fighting a lot of ninjas (though Elektra does make an appearance in this one), and it’s awesome. Spider-Man’s scene with Detective North stole the issue though, that was some great fucking dialogue.

Doctor Strange #19 - Damn I’m really loving these more grounded stories after that huge cosmic one involving Galactus, but wow I didn’t expect this one to have such a lasting effect like Strange’s hands being fixed. For a single self-contained story this was really good.

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Prodigal Son #1 - Well this was kind of a lackluster ending to this really cool Prodigal Son arc, definitely my least favorite of the 3 issues as they seemed to make Prah’d’gul more likable going forward, but then kind of ruined that in this issue. He didn’t really do anything out of character though, and there were some nice revelations there. I definitely still look forward to seeing more of him in the future if they have some confidence in the character bc he’s a solid new guy.

Gwenpool Strikes Back #2 - Bruh this was ridiculously fun, even better than the first issue. I’m not really a big fan of Deadpool and Harley Quinn breaking the 4th wall, but it being Gwen’s only power and the story behind why it’s her power make this so much fun. Good shit this issue for sure, all the jokes hit for the most part.

Immortal Hulk: Director’s Cut #3 - I’m really enjoying the reprinting of this series bc it’s currently one of my favorites and I never read the first few issues of it, which might be even better than what’s going on currently. I love stories that are told from different points of view so of course this was great, and using different artists to have vastly different art to tell the stories apart was an awesome addition.

Invaders #9 - Solid stuff, not as good as some of the other issues, but still pretty good and overall this has been a good book. Interested to see what happens next just going off the ending to this issue.

Invisible Woman #3 - Reading through this and the Black Widow books from this past year have really made me realize that I’m a sucker for a good spy story. I love mysteries and this one is shaping up nicely. I also really enjoy the art work as the more realistic art seems to be my favorite in comic books compared to the older styles (which I still love), but I have a habit of picturing everything happening like a live action movie so art like this tends to help with that.

Ironheart #10 - Long-dead parents turning out to not be dead and also evil is so cliche, but I’ll give them a pass for now until I see how this turns out. Fun stuff, but really just your average Ironheart comic, nothing special other than “ShuRiri” becoming a thing.

King Thor #1 - Interesting stuff, can’t say I’m a huge fan of how evil Loki becomes in the future with his current redemption arc going on in his own book, but I also can’t say I’m surprised if this ends up being how his story ends. I enjoy that this is set SO fucking far into the future that it doesn’t really have any effect on continuity. Old Thor just feels like Odin to me though, which I guess makes sense since he’s been alive even longer than Odin was.

League of Legends: Lux #5 - The prejudice in this one made it more frustrating at times, but also an enjoyable read. Kinda sad there wasn’t a better ending, but I think it’s a good commentary on the history of our own world. I don’t really know much about League bc I’ve barely played it, but I’m assuming the staff Lux got towards the end is the one she uses in the game, so that origin was pretty cool.

Loki #3 - Pretty good even if slightly confusing. I do love all the meta references in the library, and I guess it’s a way to solve some of Marvel’s continuity issues. I do enjoy that Wolverine and Spider-Man had the most stories since I believe they have appeared in more comics than any other Marvel characters.

Marvel Tales: Black Panther #1 - This is reprinting Avengers #87, Jungle Action #6-7, and Black Panther: Long Live the King #1. First issue was a lot of fun, solid origin story for Black Panther. I do really like this era of The Avengers so reading anything from it is always a good time. The Jungle Action issues were a lot of fun, especially seeing some of the original shots that were recreated in the Black Panther movie such as the waterfall spot. The last issue was really good, I love seeing how regular people are affected by superhero shit even when it’s as tragic as some of these were. Another fun Marvel Tales, been really enjoying these this year.

Miles Morales: Spider-Man #10 - Nice little extended issue to celebrate 250 total issues of Miles Morales, first story was nice set-up for later stuff and I enjoyed the Starling origin story, I’d like to see more of her going forward as well.

Moon Knight Annual #1 - Time travel shenanigans are always hit or miss for me, but this one definitely hit. Kang isn’t a villain I would have picked for Moon Knight but this shit ruled, I really loved seeing all the different Moon Knights throughout history and now I want a team up of the different historical Ghost Riders.

Powers of X #4 - I’m enjoying this one being more supplementary to the main House of X series, still kind of confused with some of this stuff, but I know I’m entertained and really looking forward for more.

Punisher Kill Krew #2 - Bruh just fucking amazing shit here, you got Punisher flying around in a van powered by a magic Goat across the universe to avenge some kid’s dead parents :lmao this might be the best thing about the entire War of the Realms arc.

Silver Surfer Black #4 - The artwork in this is just so trippy bro, really enjoying this story, especially with it very loosely connecting to Absolute Carnage. Surfer’s dialogue with Galactus was the highlight of this one.

Star Wars: Age of Resistance - Supreme Leader Snoke #1 - This felt more like a Kylo Ren story than Snoke, but it was still pretty fun. Didn’t answer any of the many questions I have about Snoke tho, but that’s probably bc no one knows the answers and he’s just gonna be stuck with these mysteries until some animated TV show dives into them or something.

Sword Master #3 - I’m loving the anime style artwork and also the two stories they’ve got going on each issue. Good shit, been liking all of the new Agents of Atlas characters whether solo or together.

True Believers: Hulk - Gray Hulk Returns #1 - Reprinting The Incredible Hulk #272, which is making me think these are labelled wrong on Marvel’s website bc this is clearly should have been “intelligent Hulk” which was on the lineup for last week and it was the Doctor Strange story. Either way this was fun, seeing Banner take control of Hulk no matter how little it lasts is always cool

True Believers: Hulk - Mindless Hulk #1 - This is supposedly Incredible Hulk #347 (I don’t trust these anymore tho consider Gray Hulk is on the cover). Good shit, I was never a big fan of the Joe Fixit character other than a few exceptions, but watching Hulk basically being a Las Vegas bouncer is hilarious.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #48 - Always a lot of fun as usual, the Iron Man cameo was hilarious as well. This lineup of super villains is fuckin’ crazy tho, like they really trying to see how ridiculous they can make Squirrel Girl as “unbeatable” :lmao

Venom #18 - Fuck yeah more heroes getting involved in this Absolute Carnage stuff :mark: Good issue for sure even though the kids probably made a huge mistake bc even though Maker is a dick he was probably right lmao

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah about to read Leviathan Issue 4 and I think I need that Cover as a Poster please, and after that Absolute Carnage Issue 3. I just might check out this new Spider-Man done by JJ Abrams, Henry Abrams, and Sara Pichelli as well.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thoughts on DC's week, can't believed I finished it this fast but there were some good fuckin' stories this week:

Aquaman #52 - Good shit, I love a good giant sea monster battle. Not really feeling what they’re doing with Black Manta though, I hope it’s better once it really gets going.

Batman #79 - More good shit with Batman and Catwoman, they’re chemistry as a team is insane. I really hope they just keep this up but I’m ready for the inevitable Catwoman turning heel again bc comics are just a never ending circle of the same storylines usually. I’m gonna enjoy this while it lasts for sure tho.

Dollar Comics: Harley Quinn #1 - Reprinting Harley Quinn (2014) #1, which I’ve never read and it seems better than the current series tbh, mostly bc there isn’t any fourth wall breaking which unsurprisingly makes harley better.

Flash Forward #1 - I fucks with anything Wally West related even though DC has been intent on destroying his character for years so hopefully this will bring him back to some form of prominence. Multiverse stuff isn’t my favorite, but if anyone can make it good it’s Wally.

High Level #6 - Bruh this book has been fucking crazy, I love everything about it :mark: the twist towards the beginning of this one was fuckin’ brutal but holy shit I’m so excited for more of this :mark: I hope it’s not a long wait for the second set of issues.

Inferior Five #1 - Um yeah this was weird, I don’t think I’m supposed to know what this “invasion” they keep talking about was, but there’s a lot of questions from this one. Kinda creepy though and I fucks with it so far, but I can’t recommend this yet, I’d have to read more first.

Justice League #32 - Aquaman back and the Anti-Monitor siding with Justice :mark: Awesome issue bro, this shit is really one of the best things going.

Lex Luthor: Year of the Villain #1 - A whole lotta Luthor’s in this one. Definitely wasn’t gonna beat the amazing Riddler issue last week. Kinda disappointing to me, didn’t really reveal a whole lot but it was overall pretty entertaining to read.

Lucifer #12 - Holy shit what a great issue, love all the different underworlds being shown even if it’s just for a minor cameo. This has been one of the most well written comics these last few months for sure.

Nightwing #64 - More good shit from this one even if I’m not a fan of the amnesia storyline, they’ve been doing so good with these stories that it’s making it a lot harder to dislike anything about it.

Supergirl #34 - Fuck yeah Leviathan tie in :mark: Good shit for sure, just building more on the Leviathan mystery. Felt like a really quick read, usually a good sign when I’m so into it that I don’t realize I’m on the last few pages.

Superman #15 - Awesome epilogue here, Jor-El’s death was amazing, can’t help but think that it would translate so well on screen...just kind of a shame that the rest of this storyline would be a clusterfuck so it’d never happen or if it did have the same effect. Good shit, had some comedy here I wasn’t expecting and a lot of good dialogue between Superman and Adam Strange and also from Zod.

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #3 - More fun stuff from this one, I love the multiple stories they just give a couple pages to each issue so you find more and more out through them. It kinda reminds me of Arrested Development season 4 which got some hate, but I loved so this is cool to me.

Teen Titans #34 - Bruh fuckin’ Roundhouse of all people :DEAD: I definitely expected him the least, but that doesnt’ necesarilly make it a good swerve. They can make it work, but rn I’m definitely on the fence about this one.

Titans: Burning Rage #2 - I have become a big fan of Marvel printing new original stories but set in the past so they’re still in continuity, and I’m glad DC has started to do them as well. Definitely good shit, especially if you’re a fan of the original Teen Titans show...which is really what got me more into superheroes and comics more than anything else (though Batman: The Animated Series deserves a mention for that as well.)

Wonder Woman: Come Back To Me #3 - Really fun standalone story, like the Titans book, I’m loving these little miniseries lately mostly because there’s not pressure to make it ongoing, it can be a concise story and it works really well. Plus I mark anytime Jonah Hex is used.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Finished the Marvel week pretty early this time, mostly bc idk how much I'm about to work the next few days so I took full advantage of my two days off in a row. Thoughts:

Absolute Carnage #3 - Holy fuck this was good :mark: I should have known when Banner said he’d never been bonded with a symbiote what was about to happen but for some reason it didn’t hit me until it did and shit has got me so excited for what’s about to happen :mark:

Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors #2 - Good shit, I like them teaming up characters that don’t have their own comics going at the moment to still get this some appearances, kinda disappointed there’s no Luke Cage here tho.

Aero #3 - Good stuff from another Agent of Atlas solo series though still not as good as the team book, I do like the dual stories in this one like Sword Master also has, but it’s really nothing special just solid.

Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda #1 - “OH FUCK IT’S THE SENTRY” (or oh shit idk it was censored on the page) echoes my thoughts exactly :mark: Great first issue here, I’m a sucker for teams so I might overrate stuff like this, but I LOVE this team bro, Fat Cobra was the MVP for sure. Love this taking the place of S.H.I.E.L.D. until it inevitably comes back like it always does.

Daredevil 181 Facsimile Edition #1 - Bro what a fuckin’ classic issue of Daredevil, I love reading shit like this that I’ve never read before but I know the gist of what happens. Fuckin’ awesome shit here for sure, Elektra’s death, Bullseye getting tricked into not thinking Matt was Daredevil, their fight after, all of it fuckin’ ruled. Especially bc it was through Bullseye’s point of view the whole time.

Dead Man Logan #11 - OH MY FUCK DANI WIELDED MJOLNIR :mark: This series has been so awesome it’s unreal, I know with issue 12 Logan is proably gonna die just like in the movie since it’s probably gonna be the end of this Old Man arc, but they just keep surprising me with shit leading up to that, this is fucking great.

Death’s Head #3 - This is awesome, Death’s Head is awesome, Wiccan is awesome, Hulkling is awesome, and KATE MOTHERFUCKIN’ BISHOP is especially awesome, can’t wait to read more of this.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #12 - I think the Under York concept is pretty dumb, but it doesn’t hurt this comic any, solid story and some really god humor in it. I like that this comic is more light-hearted in a way even though it still has some heavy emotions in it too.

Guardians of the Galaxy #9 - More good stuff, a lot of similarities to the second Guardians movies in this one with Peter’s dad trying to convince him to do something terrible and him saying no. That Drax reveal at the end wasn’t something I expected for sure.

History of the Marvel Universe #3 - First off since I haven’t talked about this one yet, I love the concept of Galactus narrating this to Franklin Richards at the end of the universe to give it a canon reason for happening. It definitely reads more like a history book, which could be boring to some but I fuckin’ love it. This one covers the origin of the Fantastic Four up until Jean Grey bonding with the Phoenix Force. Also interested in the little interlude where Galactus ignores Franklin’s question about whether he will come with him when the next universe is made.

House of X #5 - Odd that there’s only one more issue of this when it feels like they could do so much more, but I really enjoyed this one. They keep expanding on the world and answering some questions I had, so I’d love to keep on reading more of this. I’m sure they have something planned for when this series ends, probably another new one with a different name.

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #7 - lol these high school supervillains, I fucks with the zombies though and this one had some more great superhero/regular life balance that I love from the Ms. Marvel comics.

Savage Sword of Conan #9 - Great conclusion to this gambler story arc, these were a really solid set of three issues in this comic which is probably my favorite of all the ongoing Conan ones. Can’t wait for his next adventure.

Spider-Man #1 - BRO WHAT THE FUCK!? This was not how I expected this one to go, but I was also a little iffy on ANOTHER Spider-Man book, so I’m glad this one went in a different direction. The opening few pages were FUCKED up though, but I did enjoy it overall even if Peter is a dick and a terrible father so far.

Star Wars: Age of Resistance - Rey #1 - Lol bet this one already got so much hate before anyone even read it. This was pretty cool though, nice way to bridge the gap between Episodes 7 and 8 on screen with a solid adventure. Chewbacca and R2 provided some great comedy as always. Rey’s already over with me, so this didn’t really make me like her anymore than I already did, but I also doubt anyone that hates her for whatever reason will enjoy this even though it’s pretty good.

Star Wars: Age of Resistance - Rose Tico #1 - Oh man if they Rey issue got people upset, this one gotta have people SEETHING just for being made :lmao I don’t hate the Rose character at all, I just thought her plotline with Finn and Poe in Episode 8 was pretty pointless and I thought it was funny that her character was the one that got all the hate for it. Solid issue though, adds some more layers to her character which is much needed, lets just see if it’ll carry over on screen any in the next movie.

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #36 - Still the best Star Wars comic going, a lot of monologuing in this one, but it came with a great payoff so I fucks with it. Man I really wanna see Aphra on screen even if it’s just animated because she’s one of the best Star Wars characters going right now to be so new and a comic invention.

Tony Stark: Iron Man #16 - Ultron Pym BACK :mark: Great villain, but I’m still not feeling everything they’re doing with Tony right now, feels like a lot of attempts to change up his character that are falling flat. Still though, the comics have been fun to read, dat ending tho.

True Believers: Hulk: Joe Fixit #1: So once again these are misnamed on the website, but the issues do correspond to others that are misnamed so I’m still reading everything I’m supposed to. The Joe Fixit issue is obviously the one I read last week and this one is clearly meant to be “Gray Hulk Returns.” I read this one a couple months back, I think they reprinted it as a facsimile edition, it’s pretty good although the visual of Banner’s head coming out of Hulk’s chest is fuckin’ hilarious :lmao Also General Ross is one of the biggest dicks in comics.

True Believers: Hulk - Professor Hulk (2019) #1 - This was also reprinted as a facsimile issue not too long ago, kind of annoyed they’re doing the same comics when there’s so many Hulk ones to go off of. But either way, this one is actually labelled right I believe and it’s one of the best Hulk issues I’ve ever read, really going into Banner’s past trauma that is hard to read at times, but makes for a great comic. Also Doc Sampson deserves some credit for possibly being the best pychiatrist in the fuckin’ world for conquering Banner’s alternate personalities like this.

True Believers: Hulk Returns (2019) #1 - This reprints Avengers #684, which is pretty recent and I was a big fan of this story arc even if it was a lot of odd characters to group together. This kind of kicks off the current Immortal Hulk run which is absolutely amazing so I really enjoy reading it getting it’s start here. This also reminded me that Voyager hasn’t been seen since the No Road Home miniseries earlier this year, and I’d love for her to come back and be featured in a comic similar to that one and this one as well.

Valkyrie: Jane Foster #3 - Between this and DC’s Lucifer book, I’m getting really interested in the various afterlife mythologies. Good stuff here, love the artwork and I think that was a fitting sendoff for Heimdall until he comes back to life again like everyone else in comics.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Absolute Carnage-Issue 3. ANOTHER BANGERRR!! I didn't know Characters like Captain America, Wolverine, The Thing rocked the Symbiote at one point? I might need to dive into those stories. It's pretty crazy Carnage was able to make himself look like Eddie and the plan for him keeps working, but did he see Banner turning into The Hulk and become Hulk Venom holy shit that last shot was great. Don't think I forgot Miles Morales being eaten alive into Carnage, don't worry he'll come back somehow, but shit Carnage is hella great. I'm going to need to read those tie-ins and seeing what you said about the new Spider-Man 1 Comic that came out, I'm going to read it next.