CM Punk's Leaving / Staying / Shooting Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
http://wrestlechat.net/are-paul-heyman-brock-lesnar-colt-cabana-returning-to-wwe/

One person close to the situation notes that CM Punk mentioning Colt Cabana, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar during his promo on Monday’s RAW has to do with all three of those stars possibly coming back to WWE.
Apparently Punk recently asked for his friend Colt Cabana to be re-hired and put on the main roster, as one of the points in Punk’s new deal if he should re-sign. Regarding Punk staying or going, WWE creative has been told that he’s finishing up at Money in the Bank and most feel that he is still leaving, despite Monday’s promo. WWE still does have an offer on the table to Punk for him to stay.
Heyman and Lesnar have reportedly either made a deal or are at least in very serious negotiations to have a business relationship with WWE. Regarding Lesnar, word is that he won’t be wrestling and won’t be a TV character, should he have a business relationship with WWE again. Heyman would start working with the company again under a deal similar to Lesnar, according to the report by the Wrestling Observer.

COLT COLT COLT CABANA

AF.

Reaction score
That report screams FAKE

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would be a hell of a deal if Punk stayed and got Colt back in the company while he was at it. Really hope that happens as I don't think he was given a real shot in WWE. As for the Lesnar/Heyman part of it something about that just seemed not right about it but would be interesting depending on what the biz deal was.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That report screams FAKE
Same vibe I got about the Brock/Heyman part mostly. The Colt part doesn't seem too fake to me but the Heyman/Brock stuff seems totally out of the blue

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
second city saints :markout:, Lesnar/Heyman part is so fake tho.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video]http://vids.wwe.com/12436/raw-rebound-june-27-2011[/video]

I know it's cut alot of the markout stuff out, but I gotta say that I love the way they've edited that piece together. Matching what Punk was saying up to various clips and the whole effect of the broadcast cutting out.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Agreed the report seems fake. Why would Lesnar return? I mean, for starters he's under contract to UFC. He's said he doesn't want to return to Wrestling & he's recuperating still after his diverticulitis surgery, which forced him out of the Dos Santos fight.

If anyone's listened to the IWantWrestling podcast link I posted, Dave Lagana mentioned he believed Punk wouldn't have been allowed to cut that type of promo if he wasn't going to stay, and I agree with him. I honestly think Punk's staying now and will win the WWE Title at MITB.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

Former WWE star Colt Cabana was interviewed this week by the Miami Herald and had a lot to say about CM Punk's shoot promo from RAW. Colt says that Punk's rant was almost entirely reality-based and reflected the frustrations Punk has felt in WWE since his first days with the company.

“That whole thing has been building up forever,” Cabana said. “Personally, for almost forever, his whole time there, he is able to say this to me in the comfort of my house or his house.

“From being laughed at by the trainers in Ohio Valley Wrestling to Paul [Heyman] finally bringing him up and everybody treating him like dirt, telling him he has an attitude problem and calling him the ‘King of the Indies.’ Just looking down on him, he just felt shunned his whole time there. It was a complete struggle.”

Many are still under the impression that this angle is a storyline and that Punk will remain with WWE following his contract expiring the day after his title shot at Money In The Bank on 7/17, but Punk has been burnt out for a long time and is at the point where he just wants out.

“The power of him not really caring because he was ready to leave — I always said the power of not giving a s--- is so important,” Cabana said. “He is really at the point where he just wants to get out of there. It’s too frustrating for him. If he said anything that made anybody mad, what are they going to do to him? Not re-sign him? He doesn’t want to be there."

“So I think that idea is so powerful. He is so strong in his beliefs with the straight edge lifestyle. By being how strong headed that he is, he was able to have the power to go out on television and say what probably every other wrestler has wanted to say. He made unbelievable television. He made unbelievable history in wrestling."

Punk may be on his way out of WWE, but Colt thinks his promo from RAW has the potential to change entire industry:

“He almost has the ability to change professional wrestling as we know it. It has been so stagnant and vanilla. It kind of shook up the wrestling world because of his real life frustrations.”
Unless this is just to keep things unpredictable this interview really kind of kills any chance of this being a whole angle and that he really is done with WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't know what WWE would be allowed to legally or whatever because of him being tied down by the UFC, but I can somewhat believe the Heyman/Brock stuff. Given he's just come off of his second round of that disease and presumably won't be training yet, tied in with that he won't be wrestling or be on TV, now seems a better time than any for them to work together. Figure a Brock DVD could be in the works and the obvious tie in with him debuting under Heyman, or maybe even a Heyman DVD to tie in with book release towards the end of the year?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm not even looking that far ahead. I just want to see where Punk goes from here.

A Lesnar set would be a nice for my collection, though.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
You know Punk, since you've gone this far already... How 'bout a Pepsi Plunge before you go?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Didn't even think about that but I say he'll attempt it for a pop but it gets countered.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Watching Superstars from last night and they showed the promo in almost it's entirety but it was shown as a video package. I was kind of surprised by this seeing as WWE looked like they were going the route of not promoting Punk's actions. It still gave me shivers, though.

Edit: I guess Dale posted it a page back and I missed it.