CM Punk's Leaving / Staying / Shooting Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can't recall a promo getting this much love I'm glad. Was some truly memorable stuff.

SAL

Reaction score
Even El Generico broke out the web translator to pay his respects. :lol:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing is after a promo like the and the buzz it has gotten they really got to get Punk to stay unless they already have a deal in place and just running this as a pure storyline.

Baller

Reaction score
Gus Johnson in Madden says it best, "Give this man a new contract". Truly just incredible. He is the best heel in WWE bar none. Unbelievable!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- WWE posted the following storyline update this afternoon on CM Punk:

"UPDATE: As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another."
Interesting is this. Think it would be pretty awesome if they acknowledge this on the coming RAW, then on the go home show of RAW to MITB, have Punk crash whatever the main event will be with Cena and beat him down.

- Sources report that CM Punk's entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It's said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk's comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk's deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night's new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So it was exactly what I figured. They planned the shoot they just didn't know what he was gonna say. No way Vince was gonna tell Punk to say those things he said. You could just tell Punk improvised that and did an amazing job of doing so. This is how they need to keep handling promos for the guys who are rly good at it. Give em notes but let them improvise it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You can't let someone say stuff like that all the time. It would just be less meaningful. That is why it was a shock this time.

The sheer number of people that thought this was real or contemplated that it could be real is astounding. This is a good reason to not associate yourself with most internet wrestling fans.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Didn't mean let them do what he did all time cause I agree his promo was special because of how WWE is set up and the content he said and how he said it. TNA is a perfect example of killing the shock value of the worked shoot. My point was that they should let the ones who can handle it do it more their way than have writers write their stuff (not counting guys like HHH/Taker who probably can do their promo however they want)

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I found this great tweet by Batista about all of this.

Batista: "well im embarrassed to say that i seem to be the only loser in the world that didn't see the cmpunk promo!! so my goal of the day is to see it. i was watching Pawn Stars. love me some Chumley!! heard he raised HELL though!!! i have house envy because of Punk by the way!"

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I really want him to stay in the WWE, but only if he gets used the right way. This whole thing with him being the leader of the nexus has to go in my opinion. I think he's much better on his own, but if he does end up leaving i pray he wont join TNA.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Jim Rome played CM Punk's promo from Monday's RAW on his radio show today and has offered Punk 45 minutes to come on his ESPN Radio show to finish the rant.
Even got non wrestling stuff on notice about the promo. Awesome stuff.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Would be interesting if that happened.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm not going to lie, I would have LOVED to have heard him shoot on that Anti-Bullying campaign, because there is so much ammunition for him.