CM Punk's Leaving / Staying / Shooting Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
After Raw went off the air, Michael Cole announced to the crowd in Las Vegas that WWE has suspended CM Punk indefinitely.

SAL

Reaction score
Fink is on the Raw live chat treating it like it was completely unscripted.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
shut the fuck up Psych this is not your night

Ha ha, my night will be in about 3 weeks when his marks bitch about the sendoff after building up the idea of him leaving as champ in their head. I understand he gets you guys wet, and that it was one great promo. The catch is you are the same guys who say they are trying to seek me this shit, yet buying what they had Punk just sell. He wouldn't be able to say what he did without vines approval or even Bonnie Hammer's to do the USA dig. The gave him a great worked shoot just like they did Matt Hardy when he returned and wished Edge would die. Everything in the comments had some truth to it, to go with some super grand embellishment to tug on the heart strings of some of his fans. It was nice, it was a career and best of Raw moment, but at the end of the day it won't really change who CM Punk is or his ceiling. The company, just will make a bigger quick buck from the smarks who normally stream to see their mesiah as he says Bon voyage, and as a bonus they will have him be remembered for his inevitable return because as that promo put it he is nothing but a wrestler, not any outside draw or guy with possible different avenues and ventures.

And just for fun, Scotty Goldman still got you can't wrestle chants in fucking FCW during a triple tv taping and demoted to a commentator afterward, so the fact stands

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Fink is really annoying from the little I've seen of him on the Raw chat.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Is Corey also doing the chat tonight?

SAL

Reaction score
Ha ha, my night will be in about 3 weeks when his marks bitch about the sendoff after building up the idea of him leaving as champ in their head. I understand he gets you guys wet, and that it was one great promo. The catch is you are the same guys who say they are trying to seek me this shit, yet buying what they had Punk just sell. He wouldn't be able to say what he did without vines approval or even Bonnie Hammer's to do the USA dig. The gave him a great worked shoot just like they did Matt Hardy when he returned and wished Edge would die. Everything in the comments had some truth to it, to go with some super grand embellishment to tug on the heart strings of some of his fans. It was nice, it was a career and best of Raw moment, but at the end of the day it won't really change who CM Punk is or his ceiling. The company, just will make a bigger quick buck from the smarks who normally stream to see their mesiah as he says Bon voyage, and as a bonus they will have him be remembered for his inevitable return because as that promo put it he is nothing but a wrestler, not any outside draw or guy with possible different avenues and ventures.

And just for fun, Scotty Goldman still got you can't wrestle chants in fucking FCW during a triple tv taping and demoted to a commentator afterward, so the fact stands

tl dr

The Fink is really annoying from the little I've seen of him on the Raw chat.

Meh. He went so far as to say something like "sometimes it's scripted, this wasn't." They're going all out with this.

Is Corey also doing the chat tonight?

tl dr (yes)

SAL

Reaction score
Michael Cole announced the suspension, and Cena (still in the ring) allegedly said "are you ribbing me?"

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena is speaking up for him for those who want to see the spoilers, especially the Bryan fans

SAL

Reaction score
Watch the best promo since Austin 3:16. WATCH IT.

[video=youtube;E1wFCfELnNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wFCfELnNE[/video]

SAL

Reaction score
One thing's clear, they planned to cut him off abruptly, since they showed the ending logo at 11:00 before the Truth/Cena match even ended.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Thanks for posting the video in here.

Classy stuff. I wonder how they'll down play it on SmackDown!. Other than mentioning Punk is suspended I'm sure they'll try to avoid the issue.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Some reactions to the promo.

Here are some Twitter reactions to the big "worked shoot" promo of CM Punk's on RAW:

Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff.

Jim Ross: Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow.

Joey Styles: Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!

Colt Cabana wrote the following on Twitter:

"Love Ya @CMPUNK. Just watching you make HISTORY!!! This is soooo f**king amazing...AMAZING!!! #IWantWrestling

Colt Cabana's Trending but @CMPunk should legit trend FOREVER. Coolest thing on wrestling since 1998. Can't believe theyre gonna let'm walk

Should I be taking advantage of this?!? uh...um... coltmerch.com?! art of wrestling on itunes?! ROH, Extra Polar Ice Gum, Diet Coke, Hugs..."
Steve Austin posted the following on Twitter:

"just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen."

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nice work by WWE having both Jim Ross and Steve Austin put it over.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
A few more tweets:

Maryse: @CMPunk for President of the United-States....

MVP: @CMPunk stayed at my house saturday night & we had a very in depth convo. I haven't seen the promo. But I'm sure my friend made me proud!

Billy Corgan: @CMPunk that may have been the GREATEST promo i have ever seen...to paraphrase Paul E, 'you sir, are f'n hardcore'...

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Some more tweets:

Tommy Dreamer: Just watched @cmpunk promo. FN GREAT. WWE has everyone talking. Could actually create their own competition. Kudos 2 Punk & VKM b different

Chris Jericho: Congrats to @cmpunk and Vince McMahon for doing something tonight that hasn't been done in awhile...make history.

Maria Kanellis: After seeing the events of today. I have to say some people are THE BEST IN THE WORLD....;)

Trish Stratus: Sorry @joeystyles but @cmpunk on #Raw...OMG! What did y'all think of that?

Jay Briscoe: @CMPunk is the fucking man

Shawn Spears: I'm WALKING to Chicago on July 17th just to see @CMPunk walk away with the WWE Title. Epic.

Bill De Mott: CMPUNK put the lockerroom on notice...you better be #willing to step up! Things just got very real.who is #willing to take a chance?

El Generico: Mucho respect to @CMPunk. Proof that truth, vision, and passion will set the wrestling world on fire. Viva la revolucion! - EG WEB TRANSLATE

Sara Del Rey: I LOVE @CMPunk

Claudio Castagnoli: I second that RT @TheSaraDelRey: I LOVE @CMPunk

Jimmy Jacobs: It's been a long time since my friends called me to talk about what happened on RAW.

Shane Helms: And @CMPunk took his own "Rocket to the Moon" tonight!! I'm gonna have a drink in his honor! A big glass of Pepsi! :)

Seth Rollins aka Tyler Black: Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. @cmpunk holy fuck.

Bryan Danielson: With revolution dripping off his lips with every word, @CMPunk was a god last night.

Bret Hart: The best promos are always the ones that sound real

Jimmy Rave: Wow @CMPunk is amazing!