CM Punk's Leaving / Staying / Shooting Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That mustache looks weird lol, gonna watch that vid in the meantime this may not mean a lot but it's interesting to me since I don't think WWE would register a trademark if he wasn't staying.

- On June 22nd, WWE registered the "CM Punk" name for merchandise use. WWE trademarked Punk's name for wrestling use back in 2009. It will be interesting to see if they allow Punk to use the name once he leaves the company. WWE also recently registered "The Last Outlaw" for wrestling use, which goes along with The Undertaker.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I wish he didn't say "homo," because that's gonna get the wrong kind of publicity

You were right. It's on TMZ now

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD and WWE were not returned.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Apparently CM Punk spoke out against Gay Marriage on Twitter a few weeks ago.

Marriage is a totally out dated concept. Gay, straight, whatever. The fact that there�s a bunch of out there that have an OPINION on somebody elses lifestyle and don�t want them to have the same basic human rights everybody else has makes me want to clobber some rebublicans. the religious moral majority, let whoever wants to marry whoever, get the married. I love the moral high horse hypocrisy bull. I know super religious pricks do tons of steroids, but a homosexual life style to them is reprehensible. that.

http://pro-wrestling.com/displaynews.php?area=1&sid=22754

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
It seemed to me that he was talking more for gay marriage. He was mainly just saying we shouldn't care about what people do in their personal lives and let whoever get married to who or whatever.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty big of Punk to admit what he said was wrong and unneeded. First thing he has posted since last Monday tho.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Just started listening to the Wrestling Observer radio posted today, and Meltzer seems to think Punk will go as a babyface. That he'll win the title from Cena at MITB, then Vince screws him out of the title with the MITB winner (most likely Del Rio) and we see Punk & Cena taking on evil Vince.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I can see the face Punk deal as I been thought that was possible with the way the fans have been cheering for him more lately for whatever reason until he gives them a reason to boo him. But a Punk/Cena ally deal idk about that.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
If that happened, Punk would have to be an anti-face at best. He pretty much blamed the fans for leaving a week ago so I don't see how a face turn would make sense. Plus, it'd be awesome to see a heel and a face working side by side to take on a common threat, it'd be something new (they came close to that with the Nexus invasion).

I still doubt any of that would happen and i've come to terms with Punk leaving. That angle would be pretty cool though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
A WWE spokesman noted to GLAAD in their response to CM Punk uttering an anti-gay slur during yesterday's Raw live event in Australia that the wrestler is legitimately leaving the organization following the Money in the Bank pay-per-view event on July 18.

OpposingViews.com printed the following in their article: "WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"A spokesperson for the WWE told us "We are taking this very seriously."

OpposingViews.com also notes that GLAAD provided training to members of WWE's editorial staff and writing team in May. The media monitoring organization is also in discussions with WWE to provide similar training seminars to on-camera talent.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was just about to post that. Like I've said before I understand them wanting to rid of gay slurs but I really dislike how much heat they end up putting on every little thing.

Another Punk related news story.

Source: Nodq.com

Sources within WWE have revealed that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Triple H are said to be very angry at talent relations executive John Laurinaitis over his failure to re-sign CM Punk. We have been told the heat on Laurinaitis is serious because this is seen as his second serious failure this year, with the failure to keep Chris Jericho on the roster falling on Laurinaitis’ shoulders as well.

One WWE source says “this is the same job JR had for years, and it’s a heat-magnet because you’re trapped between Vince’s expectations and the talents who want to break away from the brutal schedule.”

Another company source told us “Laurinaitis has made millions in salary and stock options. He’s expected to perform for that money, and produce results. Right now, he’s not getting done the job Vince expects of him!”
They really need to get someone else to handle talent relations. Forever hear bad stories about him from how he handled the Dudley Boyz situation, to Jericho to this and more.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- After John Cena defeated CM Punk in the main event of the WWE live event in Brisbane yesterday, Punk took the mic and put over Cena, showing respect. Punk then started talking about The Rock, saying that while Rock is off filming movies, Cena is here in sickness and health performing for the WWE Universe. Punk and Cena shook hands before he left.

Cena then spoke, also putting over Punk and showing respect. Cena called Punk the best wrestler in WWE right now and said their Money in the Bank match will be the match of the year. Even bigger than he and The Rock at WrestleMania, he said.
Good stuff though Rock sure has been getting shit on by these two as of late.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
u talkin about this

[video=youtube;EMbiyCG7luw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbiyCG7luw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Props on posting the vid. Pretty much spot on with what he said.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
ai4dt.jpg