CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If I remember right it has only happened once before when Kane cashed it in the same night at last years PPV. It is highly unlikely that he will win the title but if it were to happen that is how I see it happening rather than a short two week reign.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
One reason I don't like this idea, is because it doesn't do much for the MITB winner. The reason someone like Edge got over so well as a result of being Mr Money in the Bank, was because he was given a long period to sell the importance of having that contract and being able to tease when he might cash it in, a simler thing happened with The Miz last year. If the guy just cashes it in the next night, then they are given no time to build their character.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If the put it on someone who is already up the card then it could work. It worked with Kane because he was already over and didn't need to be built as a threat. I think that on RAW the best choice is Alberto Del Rio. He kept saying winning the title is his destiny and he can win it the easy way by cashing it in on Punk when he is down. Then that could give us Del Rio vs. Cena for Summerslam.

I like the idea of one wrestler cashing it in early, by the end of the year, so that there aren't two title shots being carried around at the same time even if they are on different brands.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's about time for the surprise cash-ins to stop. It only waters down the MiTB concept as well as the title they cash it in on.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It seems like that is the only way to use the MITB these days. RVD booked his title shot in early but since then none come to mind the others must all be surprise cash-ins.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Vince hates the fans... I'd love a bombshell it'd only make this storyline better and make people go WHAT THE FUCK.

CM wins and leaves... he takes the title and
Cena is fired.

It'd make the WWE Universe confused, left without a favorite and a wrestler who delivered so much.

Come think about it, this storyline could be huge and it could pan out to HHH revealing he's the GM.

HHH/Vince war anyone?

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
^ FUCK YEAH ANDREW, FUCK YEAH. Sorry for the f words. But his post made me jizz. <33

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sure are guaranteeing alot of things lately.

Jumping the gun on such things is not a good idea. If anything the MiTB winner will be someone we won't expect.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Which is what I think, which is why I am going for Kingston.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I hope to god Kingston does not win.... he's great at chasing titles but sucks with them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Maybe, but he would be worth a run surely, the guy has solid matches, is a colourful personaity who is over with the crowd, and would provide one of the only suprises if he was to win MITB.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wouldn't mind Kingston winning a MiTB contract, after Benjamin was released it seems like he took his place as the big spot guy. I wouldn't mind a Kofi push, since he is primed to make some money imo.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't say he would provide the only surprises considering I believe Henry could win the MITB on Smackdown if he's in it and not many would expect that....heck, I'd go as far as saying Cody Rhodes would be a surprise with what he's been doing recently.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
- WWE posted the following storyline update this afternoon on CM Punk:

“UPDATE: As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another.”

WWE putting it in writing that this is a TV angle.

Great segment though. Kudos to WWE for stepping outside the box with this.