CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
CMPunk CM Punk

You know who the man is? @reymysterio that's who.

52 minutes ago

On Twitter... That's not the first of what I want to speak about. Have you noticed lately how he wrestles he doesn't use as much heel actions as he should? A good example today was the Abdominal Stretch, most heels would do dirty work by grabbing the torso or something. CM Punk just did it naturally like a face wrestler would, he didn't play dirty or anything. Nexus wasn't used tonight at all, no mentions of them whatsoever, no Mason Ryan.

Could Nexus be ending?

That's leading me onto my next point, CM Punk cut a promo saying he will be doing the most honest thing he has ever done... Yet we didn't see that at all, but it could be used at RAW.

Am I the only one speculating that CM Punk could be turning face? He has been face before and he played that well, NEXUS looks to end soon and his heel run has been awesome don't get me wrong. Cena is the only huge face on RAW besides Kofi Kingston and Alex Riley and Bourne (All Mid-carders)... Rey isn't really going anywhere on RAW even though he's a top face. CM Punk turning face could freshen up the main event area.

CM vs Miz, CM vs ADR, CM vs Truth. It works for me, what do you guys think?

I don't see CM turning face just yet but I do see it happening down the long run. But that Tweet sure confused me.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
CM Punk is not turning face, at least I would be really surprised if he did. I'm expecting him to challenge for the title and possibly but his career on the line to do it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thats the way I thought it would end up being. Doubt CM Punk leaves as a good guy with his head held up high.

Most likely leave kicking and screaming and hoping the fans sing that goodbye song.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was pleasantly surprised that there was no interference from Nexus.

I see this storyline being Punk wanting a title shot. He pinned Cena on RAW and then beat Mysterio so he has defeated the two top faces on RAW. Putting his career on the line, possibly at Summerslam, for the title isn't something I thought of but would work well.

Aniking

Reaction score
There is no chance that Punk will be turning face, no chance in hell. As if a face turn is the thing that would result in him signing a new contract...

What's gonna happen is what everybody has suggested - he'll claim he's deserving of a WWE Championship shot and will put his career on the line. That's the most obvious thing, a face turn is too farfetched.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I agree with everyone here, it's too late for Punk. He is going to go all in most likely, I just hope he doesn't leave till Summerslam. If MITB is his last PPV, I am going to be pissed but what are you going to do? Punk has did more than enough and if he were to take off, hopefully he could be back by Mania.

Lucky

Reaction score
Don't really see any chance he turns face and thank god to be honest. He's boring as hell as a face but as a heel he's one of the best in the business.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
CM Punk and boring don't belong in the same sentence. He could pull it off, he's that good of an entertainer. But unless he signed a new contract, it's really no point.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't really see any chance he turns face and thank god to be honest. He's boring as hell as a face but as a heel he's one of the best in the business.

Thats pretty funny considering he plays the same character with just a different tone.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah agreed, and that is what most of the major talents in the business do, it is just a subtle difference, but nothing which makes them seem like a different person. I don't see a face change anytime soon for Punk, there is just so much value in him as a heel, and if he does leave within the next two months there would be no point in it anyway.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Well, CM Punk's 'last match' is going to take place at WWE Money in the Bank.

1. CM Punk goes 1 on 1 against John Cena for the WWE Championship.
2. CM Punk's contract ends that night.
3. WWE MITB takes place in Punk's hometown, Chicago.
4. Chicago crowds are usually pretty damn loud.

Result: I think CM Punk is going to be the ultimate face at MITB, and it will be REALLY hard to change that. I mean besides the fact that Chicago usually hates Cena, CM Punk is performing in his own hometown, on the last contracted night, for the WWE Championship. Huge CM Punk chants are inevitable.

EDIT: I'm going to Chicago in approx a week, and I was trying to see if I will be there on July 17. I won't make it, but the bottom line is - I was completely ready to book a ticket to see CM Punk. I think MITB tickets will sell big time. MITB might also be the first PPV I'll buy since Wrestlemania 27.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Will WWE take a page out of ROH's book? It had been announced that Punk had signed with WWE to a development deal and his last match was a title shot. He won the title and then defended it for a couple more months. Could WWE do a similar thing where Punk wins, has a couple of months as champion and then leaves later in the year?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I guess WWE and Punk could work out an pay per appearance agreement, but doubt WWE would go for it, since they were burned by it and hence the reason for the 60 day non compete clause was made in the first place.

Doubt Punk would be a person that would screw them over like that. But doubt they would take the chance.

Maybe Punk is playing anti-superstar and going against the epitome of WWE Superstar John Cena and using this as sort of a smark vs mark feud with the superstar coming out on top. Take that smarks har har har type of deal?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Lets not take it for red that Punk is defently leaving, and will not sign a new contract. All the signs are that he will walk, but this may yet prove to be one of the great works of recent times.

2. Back on the heel thing, the fact he is going to be over like a face in his home town, does not mean that WWE will decide to switch him, they accepted a long time ago than in certain spots heels would be cheered over faces, and that where ever they might be, there is no certainty of Cena having the strongest vocal support.

Lucky

Reaction score
Yet there's no way he's not going to be the OVERWHELMING face in Chicago that night.

I myself am already starting to mark out since I'll be there at the idea of how loud the "Cena Sucks" chants are going to be that night.