Clerks 3 to be the last Kevin Smith movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
“So with the ‘HIT SOMEBODY’ shift, the minute Jeff Anderson signs on, my last cinematic effort as a writer/director will be ‘CLERKS III’
That was Kevin Smith’s recent tweet, announcing his retirement from directing. He has talked about retirement for some time now, but did get more specific with this news today.

“Since ‘HIT SOMEBODY’ is now gonna be a mini-series, yes — that leaves room for a new final flick before I retire from directing feature films.â€
The breakthrough indie Clerks, launched Smith’s film career in 1994 and introduced us to characters Jay and Silent Bob, Dante and Randal Graves.

Graves, played by Jeff Anderson, seems to be the final piece of the Clerks III puzzle and if he indeed signs on, this will be the last of Smith’s films, bringing Smith full circle to where it all began.

Jay and Silent Bob became pop culture icons and worked their way into many of Smith’s films, including Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Now, fans must await their much loved characters fate, for the end of the Clerks trilogy seems to be near. Anderson, what’s it gonna be?

Kevin Smith, at the checkout? - Miramax

Pretty bummed that this will be it for Kevin Smith, but I really hope Clerks 3 doesn't tank like Clerks 2 because I really hated that movie. The original Clerks was my favorite of his films, so I hope he doesn't make me wish he'd just left it as a stand-alone flick because that's how I felt the first time I watched Clerks 2.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
That report is retarted, Jay & Silent Bob were in all Smith movies except Jersey Girl & Red State, which were the only ones that do not directly tie in with the rest of Smith's universe.

Either Dogma or Mallrats would be my favorites, with Red State getting up there for my top 3.

guess with SMOD & Comic Book Men, Smith has found something else to do that would be easier on him, and bring in the money to spoil Harley Quinn.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I didn't mind Clerks 2 originally but it's now been a few years since I've seen it.

Also him claiming this would be his last movie at this point is dumb because there is all the time in the world for him to comeback to movies and I'm sure he will.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of see him coming back. I actually really enjoyed Clerks 2. Still wasn't as good as the first one, but I enjoyed it. But this would be a good way for him to retire. Shit, after nearly 20 years of almost nothing but good movies, I think he's earned a break.

Ben

Reaction score
Chasing Amy, Clerks and Mallrsts are really Smith's best work. Not a big fan of his other stuff and Clerks 2 was garbage can't see a third one being better unless he goes back to the style oof writing that was used in the 3 movies I mentioned above. More of a emphasis on good storytelling mixed with some comedy as opposed to just a sub par story filled with dick and fart jokes as the driving force.

Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That report is retarted, Jay & Silent Bob were in all Smith movies except Jersey Girl & Red State, which were the only ones that do not directly tie in with the rest of Smith's universe.
Zack and Miri didn't have them either and Jason Mewes actually played a completely different character in "Lester the Molester". That's why that movie was probably my 2nd favorite next to Clerks, it was just so much more original than the rest. Even though that movie didn't really take place in the same "universe" as the rest of his movies, but that was alright for me.
Yeah, I kind of see him coming back. I actually really enjoyed Clerks 2. Still wasn't as good as the first one, but I enjoyed it. But this would be a good way for him to retire. Shit, after nearly 20 years of almost nothing but good movies, I think he's earned a break.
The first half of Clerks 2 was fine for me, not nearly as funny as Clerks 1, but still enjoyable. But then when they got into beastiality jokes and really overly-serious scenes with Randal breaking down and crying... UGGGGGGGGGH. I just hated that because neither was funny even the slightest and I really, REALLY hate the idea of humans having sex with animals and don't find it even remotely funny one bit, so I was pretty disappointed in the whole 2nd half of that movie. And despite how much I love Randal and the rest of the cast, none of them are even remotely capable of serious acting in a highly-dramatic sense of the word and it brought out the faults and worst of all of them. Not to mention the fact Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith were far too OLD to be playing Jay and Silent Bob and they both just rubbed me as complete fucking losers at that point, despite how much I enjoyed them in the first few movies.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Mallrats is an all timer for me, just slightly edges out Clerks.... but other than those two can't say I've been crazy about his work... don't dislike really any of it but none with real rewatch value.... I'll Check out the 3rd installment of Clerks but Smith retiring from movies won't be a huge loss for me...

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The first half of Clerks 2 was fine for me, not nearly as funny as Clerks 1, but still enjoyable. But then when they got into beastiality jokes and really overly-serious scenes with Randal breaking down and crying... UGGGGGGGGGH. I just hated that because neither was funny even the slightest and I really, REALLY hate the idea of humans having sex with animals and don't find it even remotely funny one bit, so I was pretty disappointed in the whole 2nd half of that movie. And despite how much I love Randal and the rest of the cast, none of them are even remotely capable of serious acting in a highly-dramatic sense of the word and it brought out the faults and worst of all of them. Not to mention the fact Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith were far too OLD to be playing Jay and Silent Bob and they both just rubbed me as complete fucking losers at that point, despite how much I enjoyed them in the first few movies.

I think that's why I enjoyed it so much. They talked about shit most people try not to. I don't like the idea of humans having sex with animals either, but the fact that they risked it kind of made me respect them more. The closing scene though did kind of set up for a third film, and honestly why not? If they are back in their old environment I'd imagine it could be very good.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So Cerbs you wouldn't find it funny if I told you that I signed an ex-Girlfriend up to a bunch of bestiality websites and even made a folder for it specifically in her email?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So Cerbs you wouldn't find it funny if I told you that I signed an ex-Girlfriend up to a bunch of bestiality websites and even made a folder for it specifically in her email?
No, but I'd find it funny if an animal raped her instead. Maybe a bear.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Pretty sure she was into horses.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Good. More reason to go with the bear.

Weez

Reaction score
This news is kinda old tbh. Kevin Smith has been saying that he was making one more movie for years (It was a plan for a "final 3" Zack and Miri, Red State and The one that's now a mini-series.)

He's made fucktons of money, and is set for life. If he feels like he's done, he's done. He'll prob get the itch eventually and make another one. Most do, but if not, he leaves a great legacy.'

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm with everyone here big Fan of Smith and would for sure watch it. I enjoyed Clerks 2 quite a bit but I'd agree it's not close to the level of the Original and Mallrats may be my all time favorite movie, that movie is all sorts of amazing.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I liked Clerks 2 as well.

I can see how there might be humour that didn't appeal to everyone but I don't feel that there was anything in the movie that didn't fit the Clerks brand.

I'm also they didn't gloss over Randall being upset over Dante leaving. Sure, Jeff Anderson may not be the greatest actor in the world but it still fit and better that it was done in a slightly ham handed fashion than not at all.

I'll be looking forward to Clerks 3 and seeing how Smith decides how to wrap up the whole story.