Clerks 3 to be the last Kevin Smith movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Zack and Miri didn't have them either and Jason Mewes actually played a completely different character in "Lester the Molester". That's why that movie was probably my 2nd favorite next to Clerks, it was just so much more original than the rest. Even though that movie didn't really take place in the same "universe" as the rest of his movies, but that was alright for me.

Cant believe I forgot Zach & Miri. Shocked to find out I had never heard of a Smith movie too.

Personally Mallrats speaks to me, do you have any idea how many times superhero penis comes up in conversations with comic book geeks?, I know many of the characters are based off his friends(like Brian & Walt from Comic Book Men, and that Dante is based off Smith himself), but it seems like a lot of the comedy is based off a conversation, or event that did happen to either him, or a friend, and I am almost certain the story for Clerks 2 was about buying The Secret Stash, Smith's comic book store.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cant believe I forgot Zach & Miri. Shocked to find out I had never heard of a Smith movie too.

Personally Mallrats speaks to me, do you have any idea how many times superhero penis comes up in conversations with comic book geeks?, I know many of the characters are based off his friends(like Brian & Walt from Comic Book Men, and that Dante is based off Smith himself), but it seems like a lot of the comedy is based off a conversation, or event that did happen to either him, or a friend, and I am almost certain the story for Clerks 2 was about buying The Secret Stash, Smith's comic book store.

Yeah Zack and Miri was just an amazing movie and the bluray version is completely awesome because of the special features. There were deleted scenes from that movie that were so fucking hilarious that's it's borderline CRIMINAL they were left out. It's the only movie that makes me watch the bonus features every time just for those deleted/extended scenes. At least 10 of them had me saying WTF?! because they were so hilarious and must have only been left out solely because of time constraints because they certainly weren't lacking or unnecessary.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I never got into the Zack & Miri stuff. I thought it was an alright movie, but a lot of people act as if it's God's gift to comedy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kevin Smith had his time, it is now past, his doofus and dick and fart jokes were replaced by Apatow and co. who took it out of the comic book fan realm and brought it into the homes of suburbanites. His movies bombing since 00 are just proof of that, and there was a time, not even that long ago, when I would say Kevin Smith movies were my absolute favorites and that he was a credible director....As I got older, that isn't the same anymore. He is a good writer, and does dialogue very well, but he is massively overrated when it comes to directing and Mallrats sucked ass imo, outside of Jason Lee, the maincast were miscasted terribly, Jeremy London, Shannen Doherty and whoever the other girl was were terrible and looked out of their element trying to nail Kevin Smith dialogue and comedic cadence.

Clerks 3 better be good, and better not be some one room movie, guy has to put those characters out of their element to atleast make it a viable story for once, because I'm not in my 20s, 30s, 40s would just be sad.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh and Dante better not be torn between two women AGAIN. Randall better get a woman, and both should have shat or got off the pot already.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Agree with much of what deezy said.

Suprised no one has metioned Dogma yet, it doesn't all work, but is quite a bold film, with a good cast, would say that and Clerks are his best, which maybe Mullrats third (althrough it isn't that great).

He has enough other projects right now to keep him going, but I can't see him retiring for good, sadly.