Choose ONE Superstar you wish would've gotten a big push.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The problem with Kennedy was he was and still is injury prone.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The problem with Kennedy was he was and still is injury prone.

He only had 2 major injuries, and only one kept him out for 3 three months. I wouldn't consider that injury prone. The only reason people say he was injury prone is because the two injuries were only like 2 years apart or whatever. I'm pretty sure he hasn't had a single major injury in TNA yet. Batista was more injury prone then Kennedy. Batista would get injured as world champion, but they kept him around. Hell, even Edge could be considered injury prone. The thing that killed Kennedy was that Orton didn't like him. And I'd take Kennedy over Orton any day.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
He only had 2 major injuries, and only one kept him out for 3 three months. I wouldn't consider that injury prone. The only reason people say he was injury prone is because the two injuries were only like 2 years apart or whatever. I'm pretty sure he hasn't had a single major injury in TNA yet. Batista was more injury prone then Kennedy. Batista would get injured as world champion, but they kept him around. Hell, even Edge could be considered injury prone. The thing that killed Kennedy was that Orton didn't like him. And I'd take Kennedy over Orton any day.

Didn't he injure Cena with a botch too? I remember reading that people thought he was sloppy. Not 100% though as this was years ago.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Didn't he injure Cena with a botch too? I remember reading that people thought he was sloppy. Not 100% though as this was years ago.

I read something too saying that he botched a move that could have ended in injury but it didn't. It was just a close call. And I think the botch was on Orton, which is why Orton had him fired. And if nearly injuring someone off of botching is terms for firing, then Batista, and Sin Cara should have never seen the inside of a ring. Botches happen, Orton just can't get over them. I'm surprised he didn't try to get Kofi fired when he screwed up that RKO a few years back.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Cena got injured but it was his fault. He performed the move wrong and caused Kennedy to fall on his arm. Cena even admitted it was his fault, although now he'd probably backtrack because Kennedy's not with WWE anymore and Cena's a two faced fucking scumbag who'd want to make him look bad. Kennedy has never injured anybody, at least in WWE. I don't know in TNA, I don't watch TNA because the fucking thing is irrelevant beyond belief, sadly, not even he'll make me watch an irrelevant wrestling organization.

I'd definately make it Kennedy without a second thought. His failure in WWE is the biggest missed opportunity of all time. If he had gotten the push they intended he'd be twice as big as Punk is now.

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I read something too saying that he botched a move that could have ended in injury but it didn't. It was just a close call. And I think the botch was on Orton, which is why Orton had him fired. And if nearly injuring someone off of botching is terms for firing, then Batista, and Sin Cara should have never seen the inside of a ring. Botches happen, Orton just can't get over them. I'm surprised he didn't try to get Kofi fired when he screwed up that RKO a few years back.

It was when Cena tore his pectoral muscle in 2007. He had to give up the title. They wrote it into TV by having Orton RKO him on the announce table, or something like that, but he suffered the injury in a match with Kennedy. I just can't remember whether it was a both which injured him or whether it was an innocuous stroke of misfortune.

Edit:

Cena got injured but it was his fault. He performed the move wrong and caused Kennedy to fall on his arm. Cena even admitted it was his fault, although now he'd probably backtrack because Kennedy's not with WWE anymore and Cena's a two faced fucking scumbag. Kennedy has never injured anybody, at least in WWE. I don't watch TNA because the fucking thing is irrelevant beyond belief, sadly, not even he'll make me watch an irrelevant wrestling organization.

I'd definately make it Kennedy without a second thought.

That explains it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Okay fine lets not say he's injury prone lets just say he gets injured when it's his time to be in the main event.

Reaction score
The thing that killed Kennedy was that Orton didn't like him. And I'd take Kennedy over Orton any day.

Who knows with so called politics. But looking at it fairly, over the story of Kennedy's career in the WWE was that he'd get a big push which would stall for various reasons. There were the injuries that were poorly timed. But at the same time, the WWE was making an effort to come up with a big angle to promote the guy big, then he'd miss months and essentially scrap all that momentum and planning. They booked him in some big angle with HBK, but for some unknown reason, he manages to have some awkward looking matches. Don't forget going all over national TV and going on and on about how strict the WWE's Wellness Policy was, how everyone was absolutely clean, how he never and doesn't use 'roids or performance enhancing drugs. Then he gets popped for failing a drug test.

He came back, was given another chance. Booked in the main event of RAW, mind you. He was given the bulk of the work load in the tag match with all those big names to allow him to show what he could do. You know it's a damn test, and if he tossed a guy on his bad shoulder after being asked to protect said shoulder, whose fault is it?

Kennedy was given a lot of chances. The results fell short of expectation, not always his fault. But in the end, in a high pressure job like that, performance is expected, not excuses. They didn't see what they wanted, and if they felt they couldn't depend on him, I think that's justified.

Randy Orton did not kill Kennedy's career.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
At the time, I always wondered why Perry Saturn wasn't pushed big time, Dude could do it all... Now that I know he was whacked out on drugs the whole time it makes more sense.... Another one They completely missed with was the Dean Douglas gimmick. Should've just let the guy be himself The Franchise easily could've been a top heel

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Kennedy over Orton??? Just when I thought I couldn't see a more ridiculous post on the site, Tapout manages to come up with something. If you've watched an Anderson matches in the past few years, they are botchfests left and right. Other than not being able to break the table on the RKO, Orton is a machine and is great to watch. Kennedy or Anderson whatever the overrated hack calls himself couldn't hold a candle to Orton.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm going to go in a different direction and say Jerry Lynn. Most people don't remember they even had him because even though they put the Light Heavyweight belt on him it never mattered and he never really got off of Sunday Night Heat. Never understood why he wasn't a bigger part of the Invasion angle. At the end of ECW he was as hot as anyone not named RVD.

xFallenx

Reaction score
For me for the past I would have to say Andrew "Test" Martin "RIP" I could have seen him as a good world champion, for a current superstar I for see them wasting him till he leaves is Ted DiBiase JR

TKK

Reaction score
I also think that Muhammed Hassan could have been huge. The guy was, in my eyes, the total package. He could wrestle and talk, he had a great gimmick and looked great. He drew so much heat during every match/promo he was involved in and gained attention from media. I would have loved to have seen him hold up a world title at one stage. Anybody else agree?

[video=youtube;TmQA6jsC3h4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQA6jsC3h4[/video]

I will always remember that promo, one of my favourites from the last decade.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
^^^ completely agree! Daivari was great as well

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Who knows with so called politics. But looking at it fairly, over the story of Kennedy's career in the WWE was that he'd get a big push which would stall for various reasons. There were the injuries that were poorly timed. But at the same time, the WWE was making an effort to come up with a big angle to promote the guy big, then he'd miss months and essentially scrap all that momentum and planning. They booked him in some big angle with HBK, but for some unknown reason, he manages to have some awkward looking matches. Don't forget going all over national TV and going on and on about how strict the WWE's Wellness Policy was, how everyone was absolutely clean, how he never and doesn't use 'roids or performance enhancing drugs. Then he gets popped for failing a drug test.

He came back, was given another chance. Booked in the main event of RAW, mind you. He was given the bulk of the work load in the tag match with all those big names to allow him to show what he could do. You know it's a damn test, and if he tossed a guy on his bad shoulder after being asked to protect said shoulder, whose fault is it?

Kennedy was given a lot of chances. The results fell short of expectation, not always his fault. But in the end, in a high pressure job like that, performance is expected, not excuses. They didn't see what they wanted, and if they felt they couldn't depend on him, I think that's justified.

Randy Orton did not kill Kennedy's career.

Beautifully said. Thank you.

Muhammad Hassan.

PERIOD. This guy was the real deal.

Face Chris Jericho or Face Randy Orton vs Hassan (heel) for the title at WrestleMania.

Muhammad Hassan 1st Theme Song ''Arab Americans'' - YouTube

Just imagine the heat generated by Hassan, and the general energy of the audience. I don't know how many of you are daydreamers but that would have been amazing.

I also think that Muhammed Hassan could have been huge. The guy was, in my eyes, the total package. He could wrestle and talk, he had a great gimmick and looked great. He drew so much heat during every match/promo he was involved in and gained attention from media. I would have loved to have seen him hold up a world title at one stage. Anybody else agree?

:y:

Last edited: