Chillin with Chase Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Breaking news Sam could possibly joining EOR, SBS, and I for the podcast.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
[MENTION=57]Chris Dresdon[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]Chase[/MENTION] I wrote the Kevin Nash match on SD. Thanks for the advice about the writing, it was my first match I wrote since CWF so way over a year and a half so I was very rusty, I'll take your advice on board for the next match I write though

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
CWCSPN Draft Day 3 Recap, UWF, Comicbook Discussion w/ SBS, EOR, and Sam

Here it is the first 40 minutes we talk about the draft, and then afterwards we have good discussion about UWF which is a can't miss discussion. The rest of the show gets taken over by comic book talk lol. Though the last twenty minutes we talk more UWF. Hope you guys enjoyed last podcast until the predictions one with Natlav, and CliqueClacks.

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
[MENTION=24]SBS[/MENTION] called [MENTION=54]Chase[/MENTION] a knucklehead.

OMG moment for September. I marked out.

[MENTION=90]Grimlock[/MENTION]: WHO THE HELL PLAYS THAT?! (in reference to Reigns Santino)

Chase: Andrew

Grim: oh...

Last edited:

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Good podcast Chase! Nice to hear the opinions from what's essentially the Kliq of UWF, minus Dresden. Not gonna lie I skipped over the comic book topics because I really have no interest in them, but the ending was a nice touch. It was interesting to hear that the draft basically started out as a trade but escalated into a full out multi-brand draft. And I appreciate what you said about D'Von, yeah his character is a bit of a mess right now but I couldn't do a face Reverend D'Von, so it had to be done.

Can't wait to be part of the predictions.

Blizzard

Reaction score
I'm listening to it right now. When Chase was thinking of who it was and SBS said it was him and called him a knucklehead I started dying haha.

The Cwalks podcast was really entertaining too. The Wire mention was a surprise because I didn't think anyone else watched it besides me. I always tell people to watch The Wire when they say shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Dexter, etc. are the best of all-time. That and shows like The Sopranos and Lost. You were right Chase when you said they were being called the best of all-time before Breaking Bad came along. Also, at least someone agrees with me when I say Dexter fell off in the last couple of seasons. Dexter was amazing at first but quickly fell down, especially in season seven. I just wasn't feeling it at all. Season eight is pretty good but we'll see how it ends.

I'm at 45 minutes right now with the EOR, Sam, and SBS podcast. It's really good so far, I'll have to comment on the rest when I'm completely finished. Good to hear EOR's thoughts since he's not on the forum anymore by the way. :angle:

Reaction score
I'm at 45 minutes right now with the EOR, Sam, and SBS podcast. It's really good so far, I'll have to comment on the rest when I'm completely finished. Good to hear EOR's thoughts since he's not on the forum anymore by the way. :angle:

He got banned or stay away, he's on as a guest a lot of the time just to look up everything to keep up to date.

He still does our graphics :p and he's in a skype chat with the rest of the headwriters and gives his input on a lot of stuff, he's very very behind the scenes lol.

He got banned or stay away, he's on as a guest a lot of the time just to look up everything to keep up to date.

He still does our graphics :p and he's in a skype chat with the rest of the headwriters and gives his input on a lot of stuff, he's very very behind the scenes lol.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Maybe one day you, EOR, SBS, Dresden and Sam should get on together.

I'm sure that'd be very interesting

Last edited:

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I'm listening to it right now. When Chase was thinking of who it was and SBS said it was him and called him a knucklehead I started dying haha.

The Cwalks podcast was really entertaining too. The Wire mention was a surprise because I didn't think anyone else watched it besides me. I always tell people to watch The Wire when they say shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Dexter, etc. are the best of all-time. That and shows like The Sopranos and Lost. You were right Chase when you said they were being called the best of all-time before Breaking Bad came along. Also, at least someone agrees with me when I say Dexter fell off in the last couple of seasons. Dexter was amazing at first but quickly fell down, especially in season seven. I just wasn't feeling it at all. Season eight is pretty good but we'll see how it ends.

Season 7 was good too me just was too slow. Anyways yes the Wire is the shit! My fave of all time. Sopranos was good, but fell off near the end of its run. We can talk more if my greatest rival in UWF ever comes on the show :)

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Another good listen, always enjoy these, sounds like a lot of fun too.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Okay here are my notes from the past three editions of CWC.

One year ago, nobody wanted to go for the tag team titles and we had no teams. I was a tag team but anarchy had no tag teams for me to establish myself against so I never got a shot at YES until much later.

I actually never "like" people's post because I felt it would make some people choose that person as the winner but the way you and CWalker talked about it might make me actually start doing it.

I kind of want to see a show where the general manager isn't the main focus of the brands. Like where the writers can concentrate of feuds and characters and make bigger stars with each other. I like how Impact doesn't really have that looming authority figure but then again as a new brand everyone is busy establishing their characters so hopefully that changes when the draft brings in some established people.

I had actually thought about picking Eric young but I kind of play Derrick Bateman the exact same way

I think its great to have a serious character and a comedy character. I've been Ambrose for almost two years straight now and if I didn't have Bateman/Fandango, I probably would have stopped Fedding. They are on two different sides of the spectrum and then my Mexicools are serious with comedic elements which still meets in the middle. But I think playing completely different characters is the key to not getting burned out and longevity.

A Garrett and Eugene tag team is hilarious.

I was actually going to pick up Enzo but Sam picked him up first. I'm pretty sure if Sam wasn't the owner, I would have heard of 3rd characters first and would be playing him now.

I agree with you about not sacrificing the Tts for storylines. It's okay to lose an odd match on a weekly show like we did on Anarchy but for PPVs I think the best TTr should win. The only time I think that shouldn't happen is if the world champion hasn't been representing the brand well whether it be no shows or hardly TTing.

I too play faces for the benefit of the writers. Obviously MDDD will always be faces but Itchweed needed my Ambrose to be face and honestly I've never changed the way I play him I just add cheers instead of boos and it still works.

I don't agree with people who want others to stay champions just because they just won the belts. I feel whoever Tts better should always win. I've had two reigns that lasted around a week and one that lasted one month and I've never gotten mad about it and threw a fit. That said maybe it's just SBS's booking. Him and I communicate about the direction of my Ambrose quite a bit and under him, Ambrose has never really lost a match cleanly and comes out looking strong. I wonder if I would be mad if someone else was booking him and made Ambrose tap out or something.

Chase you are horrible with characters and I lol'd when you bailed on David Stern right away.

I completely disagree with you about the Xmen movies. 1,2 and first class are great movies. Maybe not the best in terms of adaptations but as stand alones they are great. 3 and origins sucks ass though.

My favorite x men is gambit

I've been keeping up with batman new 52 but it's just been boring me.

I don't really read marvel and dc much. I read batman, guardians of the galaxy and avengers arena but that's it. My favorite comic book for the past year has been saga. It's fucking amazing.

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
I'm about halfway through and I'm at the part talking about high maintenance characters/TTers and yeah, I do have to agree with Tom that I am one of them. I do work hard to try to make my characters worth reading and promoting, and I do formally apologize for being a major pain in the ass to handle for booking and such because of it. I know it adds a lot of extra work for you guys, but aside from the Batista/SD situation, I am really trying to take a backseat to it and just see where writers take me. Hopefully, thats at least going to come across as time goes by. So to the likes of WWS, EOR, SBS, Dresdon, and others who have been head writer for me, I am sorry for being a bitch to work with (probably more often than not). I can really chalk it up to how I was introduced/pushed in ETW and then when I was definitely being favorited by the likes of Itchweed and Jay and such, that I've always been protective and requiring communication/input so I know whats up.

I guess thats it in a nutshell, just thought I'd get that out there because I do agree

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm about halfway through and I'm at the part talking about high maintenance characters/TTers and yeah, I do have to agree with Tom that I am one of them. I do work hard to try to make my characters worth reading and promoting, and I do formally apologize for being a major pain in the ass to handle for booking and such because of it. I know it adds a lot of extra work for you guys, but aside from the Batista/SD situation, I am really trying to take a backseat to it and just see where writers take me. Hopefully, thats at least going to come across as time goes by. So to the likes of WWS, EOR, SBS, Dresdon, and others who have been head writer for me, I am sorry for being a bitch to work with (probably more often than not). I can really chalk it up to how I was introduced/pushed in ETW and then when I was definitely being favorited by the likes of Itchweed and Jay and such, that I've always been protective and requiring communication/input so I know whats up.

I guess thats it in a nutshell, just thought I'd get that out there because I do agree

You aren't hard to write for/work with at all.