Cena turning heel?!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

First off, I dont know what to think of this. Cena going back to his rapper gimmick would be awesome! But being heel, not so awesome.... Because people would cheer him. But worst, CM Punk heel/rapping, WTF? I dont like that AT ALL... It s just too weird, but if they try it on tv, Ill wait to see how it goes before I judge it. Im just not sure right now though...

And KroniK, stfu. I was reading you rant about people not being pushed, "talented" people that is. Well, Mysterio is talented, Edge is talented on the mic and int he ring... Now about Batista and Cena, theyre not the most talented in the ring, but on the mic, they do what their supposed to, get some interest going...
And about Shelton Benjamin and even, well, Elijah Burke, sorry but they are good in the ring but nobody would care about them... Burke has more potential though so we'll see, but Shelton Benjamin is right where he should be... He's good in the ring, yes, but not so much on the mic... And as a result, people just dont care about him in his promos (so he wont get pushed) and even his matches are pretty quiet...

BTW, now your gonna say "Well who cares about mic skills, hes good in the ring" and as I said, its mostly about in this company about if your over. And thats because its an entertainment busines.. So being awesome in the ring is nice, but wont get you to the top if the fans wont pay to see you. Ad I gurantee when people go to ECW/SD, they arent paying for Shelton.

CenaMark54

Truth is better than more than half the WWE Roster, and thats a fact

So you are basically agreeing that HHHForever is right when he says that Killings is an Upper Mid Carder at best.

Although, I'm not sure you have your facts straight. How is Killings being better than half the roster a proven fact? Did you conduct a survey? Did you factor in drawing ability? I'm sure how you came to this conclusion?

C4

First off, I dont know what to think of this. Cena going back to his rapper gimmick would be awesome! But being heel, not so awesome.... Because people would cheer him.

If they make Cena feud with the top babyface for example The Undertaker, the fans won't be stupid enough to cheer for him and by the way, cheap heat from the crowd makes them boo heavily for you and Cena can portray his character to perfection and we all know that because he has done that in the past.

And by the way, we don't really hear much cheering for John Cena these days it's just the little cheering which he gains because of his superhero gimmick.

CenaMark54

And by the way, we don't really hear much cheering for John Cena these days it's just the little cheering which he gains because of his superhero gimmick.

I sure as hell hear cheering when Cena comes out.

The thing you have to realize is that Cena gets the biggest face reaction and the biggest heel reaction all at the same time. The dude is friggin over.

If you listen when a main eventer like Orton comes out. He gets a decent reaction and you think "well Orton is getting a good reaction tonight.." Then Cena follows him out and the roof absolutely explodes off the building. Its at that point you realize how much more over Cena is than someone like Orton.

Weebo

Reaction score
See one reason he could be doing dark matches is cause WWE wants to see what he can do with some of their talent to see where they should put him. Hell weeks after he signed with the WWe there was a rumor going the he would be puit in a faction with MVP. They would sign MVP's brother VIP who wrestlrs for Booker T and Killings would be like a bodugaurd type to the two. So they know that they want to use him in some type of a faction. See the thing with Jericho was that he told them if he was to return to WWE he wanted to make a big return and such. See guys like Punk, he was doing dark matches and Heat matches for about 2 years before the started ECW and put him on TV. They had Punk when he was still blond and they had Steve Corino in development with him and they thought about bringing the two up together as a tag team, but that didn't work. Oh and on the Jericho thing, it is not that he is any better then Killings, it is just when he was in the company before he was a bigger name and when Killings was in the company before not may people know who K-Kwik was. So it was all about you status before you left.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This would rock if Cena did go heel...he makes me bored right now...When he did raps he was cool...I was a fan then lol so I would go from booing to cheering...but hell I think maybe Tweener would work better so he could just rip on anyone you know...but as long as he does his freestyles and stuff I will be ok.

and him and Punk could make a good team if its done right.

PeepShow

Hey Montana, do you subscribe to the Newsletter? Or did you find this from somewhere else?

C4

If you listen when a main eventer like Orton comes out. He gets a decent reaction and you think "well Orton is getting a good reaction tonight.." Then Cena follows him out and the roof absolutely explodes off the building. Its at that point you realize how much more over Cena is than someone like Orton.

Sure he gets a huge pop every time he walks down the ramp, that's just because he is a superhero babyface at the moment. But if he is facing someone who is more over with the fans then he doesn't get such a good reaction from the fans themselves. Examples would be RVD on One Night Stand, HHH at WrestleMania, Michaels at WrestleMania, Edge in Toronto and so on...

If he gets a lot of cheap heat from the crowd with the old dirty tactics (insulting the fans, attacking people etc.) then he can easily become a perfect heel :bigsmile:, and if he is put together in front of the top babyface then the crowd wouldn't cheer at all for Cena no matter what he has done in the past.

John Cena has the microphone skills and talent what else does a heel require other than that? And if this happens then it might be the biggest turning point of John's wrestling career which is exactly what he needs at the moment.

chessarmy

Its seems too good to be true, but I'm really hoping that this isn't false news. I wanted Cena to turn heel for a long time now, it could be one of the biggest heel turns in WWE history and it will be a great way to shake things up a little bit.

MikeRaw

After thinking about it, I actually like this idea... For a few reasons.
Right now, the way its going, Cena would never be able to be considered a legend when hes done, no matter how many titles he has. The reason being that, to be a legend you have to have titles, which he would have, but you have to be 99% over as a face or heel. You can be a legend if the fans boo you for being a heel, because then you were one of the best heels ever, butCena doesnt get those kind of boos. He gets the "we hate you and dont want you in our company" boos, even though hes a good guy... So that cant be his legacy. But if he goes heel, and starts dissing the fans and all that, just being an all around no respect guy towards superstars and fans) then he can get booed, but it wont be the same type of boos he gets now. Instead, itll be the heel boos, which is ok if your a heel.
And Im sure thats WWE's reasoning behind it if they do this.
And also, eventually then, thwe fans will probably not be so sick of him and he can go back to face (maybe as a rapper still, maybe not) but can go back to being a face in a year or two once the fans arent so sick, and hopefully, as a face agin, wont get booed like this.....

As for CM Punk, I dont even wanna go there :( *shakes his head*

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Plans at the moment is for Cena and Punk to form a heel faction, consisting of John Cena returning to his Rapper Gimmick, and for CM Punk to become 'MC' Punk.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Add Trevor Murdoch to the mix and you got the greatest rap group in history.

Anyway I would love for Cena (and Punk) to turn heel because I feel it's been a long time coming, but I'm calling bullshit on this story... Seriously MC Punk?

PeepShow

Anyway I would love for Cena (and Punk) to turn heel because I feel it's been a long time coming, but I'm calling bullshit on this story... Seriously MC Punk?

If Montana actually subscribes to the newsletter, then so be it. But the reason above all else that I think it's a heap of crap story, is the fact that there is a grammatical error in the spoiler. Meltzer doesn't have grammatical errors in his news. :eek:

Travis40

This would be fucking awesome. I'd love to see Cena as a heel again...then Punk join him and cash in MITB...giving Punk the WWE Title. Cena gets jealous of being behind Punk and not getting his own title shots and turns on him, Punk vs. Cena at WM 25 for the WWE Title.