Cena = Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've found Cena to be pretty damn good over the course of this year. Heyman carried the Punk feud, the matches were nothing I would mark over, honestly. Punk Taker was decent, but again, Undertaker is why, because Undertaker.

I love to hate on punk, i enjoy some of his stuff less and less as the week's go on. I'll just point out one more hater comment, and run away before you correct my statement's and put me in my place. Punk working injured has been something i've read about/had discussions on/and joked about over the course of the year. Dude pays his dues, but no one outdid Cena this year, that guu he had on his elbow was awesome, and the promo he shot before heading out (before coming back essentially like Superman) I just can't hate on the dude winning, especially over a horribly stale, overused ADR.

Oh and Punk's promos have been shit recently, but the match I just saw on Smackdown between him and Ambrose was borderline boring/you can't wrestle chants (although it's smackdown, so the boo's would have to be edited in) Also i wasted 90 minutes and didn't see signs he brownstained outside of him constantly fixing his tights.

Man, there's nothing to correct here. To each his own, and you actually make valid points... although I do hate passing up an opportunity to hate on you. :haha: You suck, Aids.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
0f3420755da198edec8ab55fb0be6570.gif

Reactions: Snowman1

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
As I said in the status, would Cena lose to The Rock, Undertaker, and Lesnar in the space of six months? As for the promos being similar, face Punk has become a bit tiresome on the mic, yes. Both Punk and Vince prefer his work as a heel and I hope a turn is incoming - I thought it could've been on Bryan, but that's basically over. Punk's yet to main-event a wrestlemania, he's miles behind Cena, imo, although he's miles ahead of anyone else on the current roster.

Reaction score
Not trying to start anything but nearly every time I see Cena on a mic he says the same thing over and over how he loves the fans and respects them.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
As I said in the status, would Cena lose to The Rock, Undertaker, and Lesnar in the space of six months? As for the promos being similar, face Punk has become a bit tiresome on the mic, yes. Both Punk and Vince prefer his work as a heel and I hope a turn is incoming - I thought it could've been on Bryan, but that's basically over. Punk's yet to main-event a wrestlemania, he's miles behind Cena, imo, although he's miles ahead of anyone else on the current roster.
When will people realize that Punk will never main event a Mania due to the fact he isn't that big of a draw?

Anyways, I 100% agree with you on this. Punk has been boring this year to me, wait...since he turned heel in 12 he has started to boor me.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Didn't Cena win clean vs all 3 member's of the shield? That would have been my argument if I was here to defend Punk. I dont get how the current Punk character being compared to Cena is fair to Cena, Punk is smaller, and there is no way someone could make me believe he will ever main event WM outside of being the 3rd member in a triple threat for the title.....and of course he lost to Brock Taker and Rock, look at them, and look at him.

ETA: in comparison to Cena, in no way do I want to pretend Punk isn't good, but nothing has been special outside of Heyman being a damn boss.

Reactions: the_hoff

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
When will people realize that Punk will never main event a Mania due to the fact he isn't that big of a draw?

You're exactly right. It's pretty painful to see just how much they have to rely on big draws from the past to come back, though, and that's why a lot of us have the wishful thinking we do with Punk.

But Punk has five more years (tops) in this business, and it certainly seems like the time for him to get the next generation ready is coming sooner than later. He's great, but guys like Zayn/Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose/Langston/Wyatt/Rhodes/Neville should probably be higher priorities so they can get a whole bunch of great years out of their roster instead of always having to rely on the past to draw.

TheShadowSoulja

Champion
Reaction score
I think Punk isn't really being himself. With his WWE Championship face run, Punk was being himself, but he was feuding with bad guys, thus making himself a face. But now, it's seems to me that Punk is trying to be a nice guy, which isn't his style, which is why he has been stale over the past few months.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Nah, Punk isn't in nearly as many main event feuds as Cena has had. Cena had some good mid-card runs early on, Punk didn't. Punk's stuck in shitty feuds now a days, idk I can go on. But I do like Punk equally with Cena basically, so the title of the thread is still relevant to me.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Punk vs The Shield = Shitty feud?
:notsure: