Cena = Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
depends on what happens at TLC, he isn't even the main focus on that storyline, he was just shoved into it. Watch the Smackdown match.

I still gotta finish the last 40 minutes of Raw lol. I'll get there. Either way, Punk is a red hot babyface. He's a huge star. I don't think he'll stay face forever. He needs to turn on Bryan so they can just have Ironman matches for like 3 years straight on every PPV.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Well, there's talks now of Punk getting the match with Triple H: http://www.prowrestling.com/possible-wm-match-for-triple-h-update-on-wwes-unified-champion-more/

That could be the perfect chance for him to headline Mania AND have HHH do what he should have done over two years ago and put over Punk.

Dude I don't think he should have put him over 2 years ago. Now yeah. Punk is a legitimate champion yadda yadda. He was the new kid on the block still at the time IMHO. He had a couple title reigns sure, but he wasn't THE MAN the way he is now.

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The_hoff likes Punk, really, I do bros. But, at the end of the day, Cena > Punk. Oh, gonna go on record and state that Cena > Hogan, incase you didn't read it in my sig. :hogan::angry:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
When will people realize that Punk will never main event a Mania due to the fact he isn't that big of a draw?

Anyways, I 100% agree with you on this. Punk has been boring this year to me, wait...since he turned heel in 12 he has started to boor me.
Bryan > Punk in everything, Bryan is more over and bigger draw, I would see Bryan Main Eventing Mania before Punk, I actually predict the Mania Main Event to be Bryan vs Cena for the Unified Title.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bryan > Punk in everything, Bryan is more over and bigger draw, I would see Bryan Main Eventing Mania before Punk, I actually predict the Mania Main Event to be Bryan vs Cena for the Unified Title.

smh

Bryan/Cena at SummerSlam didn't draw and that's the reason Bryan has dropped back into the mid-cad. As long as Vince is having a say, Bryan will never main-event a WM. Also, I'd say Punk has been getting bigger pops than Bryan recently as the yes chants have died down. Once Bryan has a 434 day title reign I'll admit that he is above Punk.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
smh

Bryan/Cena at SummerSlam didn't draw and that's the reason Bryan has dropped back into the mid-cad. As long as Vince is having a say, Bryan will never main-event a WM. Also, I'd say Punk has been getting bigger pops than Bryan recently as the yes chants have died down. Once Bryan has a 434 day title reign I'll admit that he is above Punk.
Yeah because Kayfabe reigns make you better, so why did Sheamus have a longer reign than Bryan? :pity1: Where is your evidence to support that it was Bryan who didn't draw from that PPV? Hasn't the PPV buys been low for a while now since its been a boring product? Punk getting bigger pops and the yes chants dying down? :facepalm:

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah because Kayfabe reigns make you better, so why did Sheamus have a longer reign than Bryan? :pity1: Where is your evidence to support that it was Bryan who didn't draw from that PPV? Hasn't the PPV buys been low for a while now since its been a boring product? Punk getting bigger pops and the yes chants dying down? :facepalm:

I'm telling you how Vince/Creative are thinking, not my opinion, Adam.

Predicting Cena/Bryan for WM is ridiculous. :facepalm1:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
smh

The only people who buy PPV's are the kids in 2013 are those who like watching Cena "overcome the odds".
Having Cena wrestle his handpicked opponent isn't nearly the same kind of draw to the kiddies, especially with the weird way that feud shaped up in kayfabe

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The only people who buy PPV's are the kids in 2013 are those who like watching Cena "overcome the odds".
Having Cena wrestle his handpicked opponent isn't nearly the same kind of draw to the kiddies, especially with the weird way that feud shaped up in kayfabe

I'm not blaming Bryan at all and wanted him to have a long title reign without any authority bullshit.

But, as I said in my reply to Adam, that's how Vince & co see it, unfortunately.

Reactions: Snowman1

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I'm telling you how Vince/Creative are thinking, not my opinion, Adam.

Predicting Cena/Bryan for WM is ridiculous. :facepalm1:
Explain how it is ridiculous? Cena is clearly walking out of TLC as Champ, Hasn't there been reports of Bryan or Punk winning the Rumble? Doesn't it make sense for the small man underdog to win the Rumble just for the Authority throw everyone at him and have him face Orton for his Mania Match at EC just for the Authority to throw Shield etc at Bryan and him either A. Overcoming the odds or B. Authority winning for Vince or someone else to face turn and restart the match for Bryan to get a roll up win on a distracted Orton and then face Cena where Cena claims he isn't injured this time round?

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Also Bryan claimed on Smackdown that after TLC he is next in line.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Love Punk not a huge Cena fan but he was worse.

Tbh it doesnt matter as when guys like this retire and all the part timers stop returning the E is in some serious trouble unless they start pushing ppl and giving it time to get over.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Explain how it is ridiculous?

Who could he go against?

Cena - Firstly, they wouldn't have a rematch from SS as WM ME. Also, it didn't draw the first time, so it's 100% not happening.
Orton - He's faced him like 6 times this year. Again, no one wants to see a rematch at WM.

A triple threat match? Possibly.

Also Bryan claimed on Smackdown that after TLC he is next in line.

Lol, the fact that they're willing to give away WWE champion Orton vs Bryan on SD says it all really.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Even if Bryan does, by some miracle, become the Undisputed WWE champion at Wrestlemania, he will never be as over as he was around Summerslam time.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Who could he go against?

Cena - Firstly, they wouldn't have a rematch from SS as WM ME. Also, it didn't draw the first time, so it's 100% not happening.
Orton - He's faced him like 6 times this year. Again, no one wants to see a rematch at WM.

A triple threat match? Possibly.

Lol, the fact that they're willing to give away WWE champion Orton vs Bryan on SD says it all really.
Cena- As I said nothing is ever 100% not happening in wrestling. Also as I said you don't know that Cena Vs Bryan was not the draw.
Orton- Just because no one wants to see it doesn't mean it isn't happening thats why we had Rock Vs Cena 2 and also just becuase YOU don't want the Cena Vs Bryan rematch doesn't mean no one else does.

Triple Threat would be awesome.

They gave away Cena Vs Punk on Raw didn't they? That didn't draw at all did it.

You really are making no sense when you have no concrete evidence to support your claims, I am only predicting.