Cena = Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
smh

Bryan/Cena at SummerSlam didn't draw and that's the reason Bryan has dropped back into the mid-cad. As long as Vince is having a say, Bryan will never main-event a WM. Also, I'd say Punk has been getting bigger pops than Bryan recently as the yes chants have died down. Once Bryan has a boring ass 434 day title reign I'll admit that he is above Punk.
IMHO, neither one of them will ever main event Mania. Punk and Bryan are not that big of a draw and probably never will be.

Also edited your post.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cena- As I said nothing is ever 100% not happening in wrestling. Also as I said you don't know that Cena Vs Bryan was not the draw.

Seriously? It's well know that Vince/Creative blame Bryan for the poor buyrates. I have never said I agree with that ffs.

Orton- Just because no one wants to see it doesn't mean it isn't happening thats why we had Rock Vs Cena 2 and also just becuase YOU don't want the Cena Vs Bryan rematch doesn't mean no one else does.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rock v Cena happened on a random episode of SD before WM28.

Triple Threat would be awesome.

They gave away Cena Vs Punk on Raw didn't they? That didn't draw at all did it.

Wasn't that a number 1 contenders match that was announced in advance and on RAW not SD? Yep.

You really are making no sense when you have no concrete evidence to support your claims, I am only predicting.[/quote

Adam, please understand that I really like Bryan, and am not trying to shit on him.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Adam, please understand that I really like Bryan, and am not trying to shit on him.
I did not claim that, I am saying you have no evidence to say that Bryan didn't draw at Summerslam.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Adam Aries

Cena- As I said nothing is ever 100% not happening in wrestling. Also as I said you don't know that Cena Vs Bryan was not the draw.

Seriously? It's well know that Vince/Creative blame Bryan for the poor buyrates. I have never said I agree with that ffs.

Orton- Just because no one wants to see it doesn't mean it isn't happening thats why we had Rock Vs Cena 2 and also just becuase YOU don't want the Cena Vs Bryan rematch doesn't mean no one else does.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rock v Cena happened on a random episode of SD before WM28.

Triple Threat would be awesome.

They gave away Cena Vs Punk on Raw didn't they? That didn't draw at all did it.

Wasn't that a number 1 contenders match that was announced in advance and on RAW not SD? Yep.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

Nick

Reaction score
With the whole drawing thing, I think that everything would be different if streaming didn't exist. I'd guess about 5-15% of Bryan/Punk marks actually by the PPV. The rest stream. If everyone who streamed bought, they'd be just as big of draws as Cena. But sadly, that won't happen.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm not blaming Bryan at all and wanted him to have a long title reign without any authority bullshit.

But, as I said in my reply to Adam, that's how Vince & co see it, unfortunately.

That's how Vince and Co. see it? Preposterous! No way! That would be as silly as blaming Miz for Survivor Series 2011...

Oh, shit. :upset:

Also Bryan claimed on Smackdown that after TLC he is next in line.

So did Wade Barrett.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I'd love for you to explain to me how Punk a guy that has lost on four big PPV's alone this year is anywhere nearly protectively booked as Cena who's lost cleanly threetimes in the last three years, whilst also trying to make an argument as to how Daniel Bryan has not been as well protected.

you can't

He's a popular wrestler, he wins a lot. But that does not mean he's been booked as unstoppable. Lots of popular wrestlers win a lot.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
When will people realize that Punk will never main event a Mania due to the fact he isn't that big of a draw?

The same time when wrestling "fans" only factor in what will entertain them when they discuss potential match-ups rather than being cynical asses and bringing up business strategies resulting in being a buzz killer.

it will never happen

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
The only people who buy PPV's are the kids in 2013 are those who like watching Cena "overcome the odds".
Having Cena wrestle his handpicked opponent isn't nearly the same kind of draw to the kiddies, especially with the weird way that feud shaped up in kayfabe
Kids buy all the PPV's. With their credit cards.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Bryan > Punk in everything, Bryan is more over and bigger draw, I would see Bryan Main Eventing Mania before Punk, I actually predict the Mania Main Event to be Bryan vs Cena for the Unified Title.

I think Bryan in general has drawn bigger numbers for his segments than Punk has ('in general' being the key words, because a lot of Punk's low drawing numbers were when he was treated as a midcard WWE Champion and turned into a vanilla babyface) but Punk has always been a bigger merchandise seller. Punk even knocked Cena off the top of the list for a brief period in 2011 (which hadn't been done except for maybe once since Cena's run began in 2005.) Bryan never has and even now, Punk is the #2 merch seller while Bryan is like #4.

This to me presents the problem when arguing who the bigger draw is - there's different ways to measure and quantify it. Sometimes guys do great in the ratings but they don't draw in PPV buys or very high in merch. Or vice versa. Sometimes someone gets a bigger pop with the crowds, but they don't have more impressive numbers than another person. IMO, Bryan and Punk are pretty much on the same level.

smh

Bryan/Cena at SummerSlam didn't draw and that's the reason Bryan has dropped back into the mid-cad. As long as Vince is having a say, Bryan will never main-event a WM. Also, I'd say Punk has been getting bigger pops than Bryan recently as the yes chants have died down. Once Bryan has a 434 day title reign I'll admit that he is above Punk.

IMO, it's wrong to assume that Bryan has been de-pushed just because of the low buyrate for Summerslam. I'm not saying he wasn't at least partially blamed for the buyrates but Bryan's push right now is going just like I thought it would since he was first screwed out of the championship. They didn't turn Randy Orton heel after all this time and push him to the top of the card as the WWE Champion and have him endorsed by Triple H as the "new face of the company" just to have him drop the title so soon after. There was clearly at least some form of long-term planning here. Most people's assumptions was that Bryan would be screwed out of winning the title back from Orton and then screwed with again in some way (I know HHH didn't say he was behind the Wyatt attacks, but he's touched upon it and it's probable that he'll be revealed as "the devil" eventually...) until it was time for him to win the Rumble. This booking would be similar to Austin being screwed out of the title in the fall of '98 and only reclaiming it at Wrestlemania the next year. So far, nothing convinces me that Bryan has been demoted in any way. What he ends up doing at Wrestlemania, however, will tell us just how much faith the WWE has in Bryan.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald