Casket match set for Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No. Ryder was thrown out in under 60 seconds. You don't understand the proper context of jobber at all.
Sure I do. What's truly happening is you are nit picking what I'm saying to the most literal sense of the term "jobber"

I get it though, it's cool to be the guy that goes around trying to make others seem less knowledgable.

Play on player, no sweat off my back

A jobber is a wrestler who comes out in order to make a guy look totally dominate typically.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Sure I do. What's truly happening is you are nit picking what I'm saying to the most literal sense of the term "jobber"

I get it though, it's cool to be the guy that goes around trying to make others seem less knowledgable.

Play on player, no sweat off my back

A jobber is a wrestler who comes out in order to make a guy look totally dominate typically.

LOL I'm not trying to be cool or trying to be "the guy that etc etc". You really don't understand what a jobber is if you're saying Bryan was treated a jobber. That's the long and the short of it. I understand your guy didn't win and you don't understand why they don't want to put all their chips in a 33 year old who just got back from a 9 month injury. That's upsetting, but that doesn't mean it's a "burial" or it's him being a "jobber". When he only has enhancement matches on Superstars, then call me about him being a jobber. Until then, don't make me laugh. Or do. Laughter is good.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
LOL I'm not trying to be cool or trying to be "the guy that etc etc". You really don't understand what a jobber is if you're saying Bryan was treated a jobber. That's the long and the short of it. I understand your guy didn't win and you don't understand why they don't want to put all their chips in a 33 year old who just got back from a 9 month injury. That's upsetting, but that doesn't mean it's a "burial" or it's him being a "jobber". When he only has enhancement matches on Superstars, then call me about him being a jobber. Until then, don't make me laugh. Or do. Laughter is good.
They used his popularity to get more RR buys and Smackdown ratings and then used him like a jobber in the actual RR match. Ryder got a pop upon his return, hit his moves and then got thrown out. Total jobber. Bryan came in and went out like he was a jobber, and not a main event star. The 9 month injury was his only real notable one since joining WWE and he should've been allowed to wrestle until the final 4 at the very least.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I just thought the term jobber was in reference to a guy who lost all the time. Like losing was his "job". I guess that could be along the same line as what Danny said

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They used his popularity to get more RR buys and Smackdown ratings and then used him like a jobber in the actual RR match. Ryder got a pop upon his return, hit his moves and then got thrown out. Total jobber. Bryan came in and went out like he was a jobber, and not a main event star. The 9 month injury was his only real notable one since joining WWE and he should've been allowed to wrestle until the final 4 at the very least.

Totally. This is something people don't really get.

We are not annoyed about Reigns winning, we are annoyed about how DB was eliminated. Reigns was always gonna win the Rumble, though. Nothing wrong with that.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Haha I can't even right now.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I literally just explained what happened and you didn't acknowledge it. You got the cool kid gimmick.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Totally. This is something people don't really get.

We are not annoyed about Reigns winning, we are annoyed about how DB was eliminated. Reigns was always gonna win the Rumble, though. Nothing wrong with that.
Yep. Although I was a little bit pissed about Reigns winning, I can see past that now. If D-Bry was in the last 2, the crowd wouldn't have shit on Reigns like that and the quality of the PPV would have been raised. Reigns' victory pissed me off mainly because D-Bry vs Lesnar is my dream match and WWE failed to book Reigns correctly to make him a likeable guy.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yep. Although I was a little bit pissed about Reigns winning, I can see past that now. If D-Bry was in the last 2, the crowd wouldn't have shit on Reigns like that and the quality of the PPV would have been raised. Reigns' victory pissed me off mainly because D-Bry vs Lesnar is my dream match and WWE failed to book Reigns correctly to make him a likeable guy.

I wasn't pissed at all. I knew it was coming. It was either him or Bryan.
If Bryan wasn't in the RR, Roman would have still won. I just hated the fact Bryan was used to promote their shit and then they eliminated him like he was a nobody.
Kudos for being world class jerks, WWE.
But, would I have preferred Bryan winning it? Yes, I can't lie about that - Bryan vs Lesnar is my dream match, too.

Reigns/Big Slow shouldn't have gone that long, should've been a real short 'feud' where Reigns would fuck up Show and that'd be it.
There was no need to stretch it all the way till Rumble.
I'm curious to see how they book him from now on. It'll be interesting to see who he faces at Fast Lane.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
By the literal sense of the word "jobber" Bryan was not eliminated like one. It was said because of the nonchalant manner in which he was eliminated.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I wasn't pissed at all. I knew it was coming. It was either him or Bryan.
If Bryan wasn't in the RR, Roman would have still won. I just hated the fact Bryan was used to promote their shit and then they eliminated him like he was a nobody.
Kudos for being world class jerks, WWE.
But, would I have preferred Bryan winning it? Yes, I can't lie about that - Bryan vs Lesnar is my dream match, too.

Reigns/Big Slow shouldn't have gone that long, should've been a real short 'feud' where Reigns would fuck up Show and that'd be it.
There was no need to stretch it all the way till Rumble.
I'm curious to see how they book him from now on. It'll be interesting to see who he faces at Fast Lane.
If Bryan was never intended to be in the final 4 at least, they should have never put him in the Royal Rumble at all. Him being eliminated so early put a sour taste in my mouth and without him being there, perhaps I would've been okay with Reigns.

By the literal sense of the word "jobber" Bryan was not eliminated like one. It was said because of the nonchalant manner in which he was eliminated.
This. Ryder's unfortunately a jobber. They treated Bryan and the rest of their faces like they're all shit.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If Bryan was never intended to be in the final 4 at least, they should have never put him in the Royal Rumble at all. Him being eliminated so early put a sour taste in my mouth and without him being there, perhaps I would've been okay with Reigns.

Man, him being eliminated so early and in such dogshit fashion pissed me off.

But yeah, if they had zero intent of keeping him in the final four, then he shouldn't have even participated.
Perhaps the crowd wouldn't have been so hostile towards Reigns. It's not his fault. He was simply doing his job.

But, what's done is done. Moving on.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
I literally just explained what happened and you didn't acknowledge it. You got the cool kid gimmick.

I'm too old to be a kid or care what's cool. I'm replying to your viewpoint with my viewpoint. It's not a "gimmick" or me seeking a certain reaction or anything of that nature. We don't agree. You say he's a jobber and I say you don't understand the meaning of the word, and we can leave it at that without all this "cool kid" and saying I get kicks out of belittling you or insulting your knowledge. That's your interpretation because somehow this feels personal to you. That's fine, you have a strong personal attachment to Daniel Bryan. I like the guy too. Talented dude.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I corrected myself. Just felt trivial to question the literal meaning of the word jobber. You are right though, just wanted to explain how I got to the loose way I intended my initial statement.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
People still using size as an argument in 2015? :hmmm:
I'd rather someone be a stickler for size than ignore it completely. Not saying it should be the A#1 most important factor but yea, it should be a factor.