BTB Changes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

You guys want answers, I'll give you answers.

I went to Mike Choas and asked him if there was anything I could do more to help the forum.

He asked me what would I like to do and I said anything, how about since i'm a mod for one part of the Fantasy Wrestling why not the other.

I liked BTBs, I brought the BTB to this forum. Maybe I can revive it the same way I did the E-Fed. Yes I'm going to review shows, and yes I am currently in the process of getting my very own BTB Show together, hell I'm even going to be looking for a partner in the near future.

I'm here to help improve on a once popular section of the Forum. I will be advertising on other forums and trying to get the IWF noticed and get more members here to join and bring over their BTBs.

Really all I want to do is help.

However, when you have these members left over after somebody was banned and their shooting everybody down it gets tiring. You all want to act like kids, than act like kids. I admit I did lose my temper, because I was tired of some of the posters trying to revolt the decision was made and its not some trick to get all of your jolly's off.

MonkeyStyle is gone for now anyway, but the Forum must go on.

I'm just going to try and do my part to help that's all.

For those who don't like me, you don't like me guess what I don't like you either. I will however, review your BTB with a cool head and not play into favortism like others have in the past. I will be neutral to all.

JMay187
BTB Moderator

That's all I wanted; why couldn't you have made this post before. Now, I'm still on in favour of you out of all people being chosen but a moderator in this section wasn't really needed anyway so either way your impact on how I go about in the section will be minimal. If you're going to be posting a BTB and reviewing I'm all for it, and I'll start being more supportive of you when I see this take place. For now, I'll just stay out of you're way and stop the arguing.

JMay187

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea and I was aslo wondering along with the awards if you guys would like to bring back the match writing tournaments.

We could hold a tournament every other month or every month. We can have everybody that writes a match for the tournament gets to vote and the winner becomes the BTB Match Writing Champion.

I can get Weebo to whip us up a badass little BTB Championship Belt and have him make it as a signature that way the Champion could show it off on the entire forum?

What do you guys thinks about that?

P.S. Thank you seX-Power for the chance.

Moonlight Drive

Awards coming back sounds good. Although there should probably be a thread posted for nominations throughout the period when BTBs are eligible, because more often than not the shows from early on get forgotten.

I'm indifferent to the idea of match writing tournaments.

JMay187

Reaction score
I think if we had it as the winner becomes the BTB Champion than not only does he get to be the BTB Champion, but his BTB would be stickied for a month, or however long the poster was the champion.

That could be an added little perk to being the BTB Champion.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Possibly the match writing tournament could work but people are pretty flakey once they sign up and forgetting the deadlines.

Moonlight Drive

Shouldn't the supposed 'BTB Champion' be the Booker of Bookers?

Axis

Match-writing contests have always seemed silly to me. It's basically a matter of who can write the match with the most EPIC~ spots and meaningless intensity. There's little room for legitimate psychology in a match that we don't have any sort of build-up to (even if we get a brief description of the background, it doesn't nearly serve the purpose). Sure, you can work an arm or a leg, but you cannot appropriately put over callback spots, potential results of each outcome in the grand scheme of your promotion, extended history between wrestlers, overall emotion, etc.

Personally, I'd rather the disproportionate amount of energy used to create a match for an arbitrary title go toward putting together clean, coherent BTBs that are posted consistently on-time, and over more than a 3-month range of time. A BTB Championship is a very short-term solution to a problem that has been slow to build, and thus will need more long-term solutions.

JMay187

Reaction score
We can have two BTB Champions.

The BTB Champion - Booker of Bookers

The BTB Match Writing Champion - That would be the winner of the match writing tournaments.

As for the tournament.

If you miss the deadline without a future warning telling us so, that poster would be disqualified and the winner would move on without having to be voted for.

What would be a long term solution in your eyes be at least?

seX-Power

To be honest, tournaments never work. There would be problems with finding enough people, deadlines and there would be bias with the voting. A way to get around brackets, deadlines and disqualifications would be a sort of invitational match writing battle royale.

However, I am in favour of bringing back the Awards, and if someone is committed to make it work; even a Power 10 fortnightly.

As for the threads being deleted, is there some possible way that the best ones could be kept in order to look back on things and just for the nostalgia.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Well I have been in enough award things to know how they work and i got the list of old awards so if need to be I would be mroe than willing to do the awards.

seX-Power

Andrew's been reliable in the past so him doing awards would work imo.

Evil Austin

About the old special threads being kept stickied or in a special thread for nostalgia, I am up for it but I think we should all have a hand in it and there should be a nominations thread for it where we can post which BTB's we think should go in and are eligable.

JMay187

Reaction score
I'm not deleting all of the threads I am simply moving them to the IWF Archives.

You can all nomaite which threads you all feel should go in the BTB 24/7 Thread and we can make it happen.