BTB Changes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMay187

Reaction score
So as many of you have noticed I've been named the BTB Moderator.

Now before any of you start to complain and ask of all people why me, well its possible that I'm the reason the BTB section is here to begin with.

Anyway I would like to get all of your opinions on what we can do to make the BTB better and bring more activity.

Axis

How about you make a BTB? And then you can continue your quest to rebuild this section by posting your shows regularly, on time. You should also encourage people not to start a BTB unless that have at least a few weeks written out, and a few months planned out. Nothing is worse than 7 new shows, and all 7 folding after a month.

Make a show. Do it well. Be timely. These things will encourage others to do the same. Silly contests and superficial gimmick threads won't encourage growth; a proactive leader will.

seX-Power

An advertisement thread would be stupid, because nobody goes out of their way to read them, and even if they see that a show is posted, theres about a 2% chance that they'll actually check it out because of a post in that thread.

And I will ask 'why you?' regarding our new moderator because regardless of what he has done in the past (which pretty much means nothing now) I think that the person chosen is possibly one of the worst possible candidates to mod the section.

Now I'm not stage politics that contributed towards the decision but when was the last time that JMay actually did something regarding the BTB section? When was the last time he reviewed a show, or started and maintained a BTB? When was the last time he even popped in to make a post or two in the section that without him would supposedly not exist? Not since I've been here, and that's nearing the two year mark.

What about the people who have stuck by the BTB section through it's ups and downs in the last two years, continuing to write long running BTBs and review others? What about guys like spiralshock, Axis, y2j__legend, myself and fuck, even GardsJr? Were they even considered to be a moderator? All of those posters and tens of others would be more viable choices than JMay; Evil Austin, CMS, XBA, Andrew~Walker... And even if you disagree, they should have at least been given a chance in being mod.

How about actually letting the active members of the section decide who wants to run things, instead of making the moderator one of the admin's old buddies who has been sucking his dick from the start?

Fuck this section, if it's going to become corrupt like the rest of the forum then why should I even bother posting my BTB around here, and why should others? There are better BTB sections out there and just when this one looked like it would be able to compete, all potential progress is just stunted by this. Now if this section is ruined like much others, I'm afraid that it will have lost a BTB and two of the best writers who have posted here continuously in the last two years in me and Cris.

Moonlight Drive

Axis said:
How about you make a BTB? And then you can continue your quest to rebuild this section by posting your shows regularly, on time. You should also encourage people not to start a BTB unless that have at least a few weeks written on, and a few months planned out. Nothing is worse than 7 new shows, and all 7 folding after a month.

Make a show. Do it well. Be timely. These things will encourage others to do the same. Silly contests and superficial gimmick threads won't encourage growth; a proactive leader will.

Axis has won the thread. Everyone else give up.

And I will ask 'why you?' regarding our new moderator because regardless of what he has done in the past (which pretty much means nothing now) I think that the person chosen is possibly one of the worst possible candidates to mod the section.

Now I'm not stage politics that contributed towards the decision but when was the last time that JMay actually did something regarding the BTB section? When was the last time he reviewed a show, or started and maintained a BTB? When was the last time he even popped in to make a post or two in the section that without him would supposedly not exist? Not since I've been here, and that's nearing the two year mark.

What about the people who have stuck by the BTB section through it's ups and downs in the last two years, continuing to write long running BTBs and review others? What about guys like spiralshock, Axis, y2j__legend, myself and fuck, even GardsJr? Were they even considered to be a moderator? All of those posters and tens of others would be more viable choices than JMay; Evil Austin, CMS, XBA, Andrew~Walker... And even if you disagree, they should have at least been given a chance in being mod.

How about actually letting the active members of the section decide who wants to run things, instead of making the moderator one of the admin's old buddies who has been sucking his dick from the start?

Fuck this section, if it's going to become corrupt like the rest of the forum then why should I even bother posting my BTB around here, and why should others? There are better BTB sections out there and just when this one looked like it would be able to compete, all potential progress is just stunted by this. Now if this section is ruined like much others, I'm afraid that it will have lost a BTB and two of the best writers who have posted here continuously in the last two years in me and Cris.

EDIT - After that whole 'sex power hurt mai feelignz :(' fiasco, I now agree with Brandons post.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
An advertisement thread would be stupid, because nobody goes out of their way to read them, and even if they see that a show is posted, theres about a 2% chance that they'll actually check it out because of a post in that thread.

Woo Woo Woo... You Know It~!
Well I said that just to piss off Brandon, but it is true. Answers please.

seX-Power

So, what was with those two deleted threads? I mean, getting all pissy and calling me a dumb smurf isn't really moderator-like now, is it? Wouldn't it just be more mature of you to reply to my post in here without acting like such a victim? Or is maturity not your forte?

Moonlight Drive

Brandon, you obviously hurt JMay. He's a delicate little butterfly.

xtremebadass

HOORAY FOR JMAY.

I don't know about you all but I knew JMay when he did BTB. He is obviously a great choice if you have been here long enough you would know where I am coming from.

Beer

^ Quite a lot of people who I talk to who have been here along time agree that he is a complete tool too.

xtremebadass

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that he is a good choice. He is mod now, can you atleast give him a chance? Axis isn't writing him off just yet. He is open to it.

Beer

I don't care about Axis' opinion. In the most non-offensive way possible. The reason for telling me something I've already read?

xtremebadass

Well other members are open to seeing what JMay could do. I just used it as an example other than my own.

Beer

OK. And I'm willing to give him a chance, at the end of the day, it's not up to me. You'll not see it, but this will be a terrible choice. Jmay isn't a good member by any stretch of the word.