BTB Advice Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

He's already came out of retirement in Australia, so there's no use trying to preserve the awesome send-off he got. Go for it.

seX-Power

I'd rather just have him manage. There are too many young guys that Flair would be stealing ring time from.

Moonlight Drive

I was about to comment, then looked at my own track record...

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Well, my head jumps from idea to idea and I just get sick of one thread :p

seX-Power

OK, do a WWE thread. Stick to one brand; your favourite brand. Forget about the others. Plan out what's going to happen on that brand for a set amount of time; now with the Road to Wrestlemania is perfect. If you don't like the rosters then just do a draft.

Qwake

@ Qwake, I don't have a preference when it comes to recapped or full length matches. I prefer writing whichever one I feel like at the time. When it comes to reading, I prefer recapped matches, unless the full length ones still manage to capture the essence of the match and they aren't just a boring robotic sequence of moves.

Why the question though, planning a return to the section with a BTB?

I planned a return along time ago but things fell through, I managed to get a few shows done but then I just stopped writing, the free days throughout the holidays made me begin writing again but I fractured my wrist so any chance at a return will not be for a while :(

Thanks for the comments btw, I was thinking of recapping weekly shows but thats just not really my style, I think ill just shorten my matches, keep em' short and sweet as they may have dragged in the past imo, can't really tell. I've never done actual recaps before so I may give it a try otherwise I'll do what I used to do.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Move help. Wikipedia's being dumb on my laptop tonight.

What's the name of the move Samoa Joe does on a laying down opponent. He runs, and it looks kind of like a senton but I think he lands on his back?

Also, what do you calll the HBK bounce off the ropes, forearm smash thing?

& when match writing, how would you word it when someone does the irish whip that they spin like 360 degrees kind of. Usually it'd be a powerhouse grabbing a smaller guy by the tights, and then grabbing the head. How you word that?

Moonlight Drive

I'm not sure what you mean, but the only real advice I can give is to go with what seems right to you. You're not going to learn by doing what other members tell you, just follow your gut and then if it fails, you'll learn a valuable lesson.

And btw Asher, you can't really transfer formatting from word into the post without it being horribly glitchy. When you're in the posting interface thing, highlight what you want to be coloured, then click the little arrow next to the A and pick the colour you'd like it to be.

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anybody remembers me but I've been writing BTB's here sporadically for a fair few years but I'm caught at a crossroads Basically I need general advice about a few BTB ideas I've been floating around. I'd rather people PM me or preferably add me on my email davey_dave_1@hotmail.co.uk. I seriously think this the most appropriate thread I could of posted this. Thanks DK

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Okay, I just thought about this, I tried changing wrestler's name in my BTB's just like how TNA/WWE does it but I would like to know if you guys care or not about it. Do you think, having a new name or getting a gimmick change in a BTB is interesting? I've seen some gimmick changes in the past, one example is when Cris put Boogeyman into a sadistic ex convict that made him an instant monster and that let him face The Undertaker.

seX-Power

I had no idea Nash Miller was the Boogeyman.

And I have no problem with it, as long as you're not changing The Undertaker into the french aristocrat Percy LeBlanc or something Blue like that.