BTB Advice Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

for a heel, JBL would be a good manager imo. just talk about John loving all the big money bonuses he gets when his client continues to win matches.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I have JBL lined up for something else that I think would be a better role instead of the manager of this guy. I have alot I want to do with JBL but I don't want him to do too much and shove down the throat of the readers.

Ok, next question. I've typed up 3 in a half matches, and after reading them all together, they seem repetitve (the moves I mean). Is that common or am I doing something wrong?

Moonlight Drive

Yeah, it is in a way. I remember when I started there wouldd always be moves popping up a lot, but I guess you kinda just grow out of it.

You shouldn't rewrite them though, if you're thinking of that. Just go ahead and post them, that's what reviews are for.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
If it's your first thread, which I'm pretty sure it is, match structure and moves seem to be similar, if not identical. As you gain more experience, quite obviously you will improve, but if you familiarise yourself with the moveset of the Superstars, you won't always have to use the same moves. Like me, I seem to put a DDT in almost all of my matches :p. Once you get more experience, structure will change and you'll get a better understanding of writing, so it's nothing too major to worry about ATM.

Moonlight Drive

Lol, I remember when every superstar on my roster did a snap suplex and boston crab.

seX-Power

If you're having trouble with movesets, wiki is your best friend. It's what I still use for pretty much all my matches. :eek:

Hometown Kid

Just wondering on some things i've been bouncing around in my head recently and looking for some feedback on storyline/gimmick-wise...

Lets just say a tag team wrestler (RHODES) gets placed with a Twilight-esque vampire gimmick, and he acquires a female manager he falls "in love" with and becomes a "women and kids cheer but guys hate" face, then after a few months, turns heel and basically decimates jobbers for a month, sickening his girl and the feud culminating in an intergender no DQ match where the girl shoots him in the head, before RHODES no-sells, and crucifix powerbombs her off the stage into a coffin?

A Metal Gear Solid gimmick of someone sneaking around the arena for no apparent reason?

A gimmick of someone who wrestles in a penguin suit, culminating in a match against Dragon Dragon with Lance Storm as special referee?

:shifty:

seX-Power

Lets just say a tag team wrestler (RHODES) gets placed with a Twilight-esque vampire gimmick, and he acquires a female manager he falls "in love" with and becomes a "women and kids cheer but guys hate" face, then after a few months, turns heel and basically decimates jobbers for a month, sickening his girl and the feud culminating in an intergender no DQ match where the girl shoots him in the head, before RHODES no-sells, and crucifix powerbombs her off the stage into a coffin?

Only if the female manager is Ted DiBiase Jr in drag.

A Metal Gear Solid gimmick of someone sneaking around the arena for no apparent reason?

Give this to Mike Knox.

A gimmick of someone who wrestles in a penguin suit, culminating in a match against Dragon Dragon with Lance Storm as special referee?

wut

Qwake

I asked this awhile ago in the main Bookers thread and you fags didn't respond well enough so I'll ask again, do you prefer to read/write recapped matches because they're shorter or would you rather read/write full length matches?

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Hmm, depends tbh. In most cases, reading or writing, the full matches drag, yet on the odd occasion, I enjoy both reading and writing full matches. With recaps, which may come to a shock to everyone after a massive recapped BTB, well I prefer to read full matches as recapped matches can't seem to capture the 'story' so to speak of the match. So yah, reading and writing full matches for me, although, of course, it changes when I'm in a lazy mood >_>.

Beer

In BTB, do you prefer the champions to have long, dominant titles reigns or for the reigns to be short and passed around often. The former is probably better booking but the latter can be more exciting, so what do you guys think?

Don't think there should be one particular style tbh. Vary it, sometimes a long reign gives great effect and vice versa. I don't think there is one correct way.

seX-Power

@ Qwake, I don't have a preference when it comes to recapped or full length matches. I prefer writing whichever one I feel like at the time. When it comes to reading, I prefer recapped matches, unless the full length ones still manage to capture the essence of the match and they aren't just a boring robotic sequence of moves.

Why the question though, planning a return to the section with a BTB?

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
@ Qwake, think about it this way. No one wants to read a five paragraph essay about Rhodes being squashed by HHH with no build. I'd much rather read a full length match with build that I want to read. Like a pay per view match. Thats why I recap weekly's, and make ppv's full length.

Question: Will you guys trip over having a major WWE star in TNA without explanation in the opening post, or much explanation later on? I'll pick at it in promo's but wont address the jumping ship too much.

seX-Power

I think that all the explanation you would need is saying that he decided he wanted to go to TNA, his contract ended and if there was a no-compete clause that expired. Drawn out explanations aren't necessary. However, with none at all, I wouldn't really complain either. Not a big deal tbh. If you want John Cena in TNA then do it; don't feel compelled to write up a big storyline regarding him leaving the WWE.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^ *gasp* you predicted my super move!? Nah, I lied.

Anyways, thoughts on having Flair wrestle occassionally in TNA? Like as much as he did when he was managing Evolution. Not when he was heavy in the midcard.