BTB Advice Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Need advice? Instead of hassling somebody with a PM or writing something in the chat room to have it ignored, post it in here. If anybody has any questions to do with a wrestler, storyline or their BTB, this is the place to post it.

Starting off:

In BTB, do you prefer the champions to have long, dominant titles reigns or for the reigns to be short and passed around often. The former is probably better booking but the latter can be more exciting, so what do you guys think?

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Definitely long title reigns. Short title reigns take away the prestige of a title, and long title reigns give the shock value when someone wins it. IMO~!

Evil Austin

I would prefer shorter reigns, not short to an extent where a title changes every show or every second show but maybe every two PPV's. Not long reigns like Michaels was the champion throughout the whole of SWA (I may be mistaken) or Edge's long reign in BTW. It may work in real life but personally I am not a huge fan of it, because it's not like a person can read every show and it seems to drag on.

How do you guys feel is the best way to go about havnig a draft show? it seems the WWE every year has a new way of going about it, the first was just the two GM's picking whoever they pleased, then a draft lottery at random, then winning matches. What do you like to do?

seX-Power

I like having the version where the winners of the matches's brands get a draft pick, and instead of a supplemental draft continue it on to ECW and Smackdown. For main events make it that the brand gets 2, 3 or even 5 picks for a huge battle royale or something. I always like draft shows.

Evil Austin

Are you guys fans of bringing in celebs for mania BTB's like they do in real life (Tyson for mania, mikey rourke, floyd money mayweather and a few others) I remember CMS brought in bob sapp.

seX-Power

Not unless you can make them entertaining and keep them out of the way when it comes to the actual important people. But don't tarnish Mania by putting some joke D-lister for the sake of it.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
How do you have someone go on an undefeated strike without them being boring or becoming a Super Cena type gimmic?

Moonlight Drive

You've got to build them up. Start off with jobbers for a few week before they move onto the Funaki's, then the lower mid-carders, before you give them somebody who gives them an actual challenge. The important thing is not to have them squash everyone once they move onto credible opponents. The streak will work a lot better if the matches they compete, once they've gone through the early jobbers/lowerd mid-carders, are competetive. That way they don't become 'Super-Cena' as you mentioned.

The Rated R CMStar

Attach Paul Heyman to him. Everything turns to win when managed by Heyman :shifty:

seX-Power

You've got to build them up. Start off with jobbers for a few week before they move onto the Funaki's, then the lower mid-carders, before you give them somebody who gives them an actual challenge. The important thing is not to have them squash everyone once they move onto credible opponents. The streak will work a lot better if the matches they compete, once they've gone through the early jobbers/lowerd mid-carders, are competetive. That way they don't become 'Super-Cena' as you mentioned.

I was unaware there was a difference.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
As others have said, it depends if it is a heel or face, but attaching a manager to him and gradually moving up the card is the way to do. As Moonlight said, start with local talents, go to jobbers then lower card performers, then possibly a move into the US/Intercontinental Title scene.

seX-Power

Also, when you end the streak, make sure to hype it up as a ZOMGZOMG moment, don't make it anti-climactic and then forget about the guy you were pushing, like the WWE did with Kozlov.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It would be a heel that I'd have on the undefeated streak. A face imo would be extremely hard to not run into the Super Cena/boredom state. I plan on having a good amount of managers in my btb so I may go the route of having this guy have a manager too.

Moonlight Drive

Most important thing to remember is to take it slow with streaks. They're pretty useless if it's just two months of jobbers than they're suddenly facing Main Eventers.