Brock signs new WWE contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that Brock will end up being the winner of the 2016 Royal Rumble If he loses on Sunday

Why? That would be a total waste of a Rumble victory.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I was watching the Interview and if i'm honest I was pretty happy with the contract signing. It now makes me more hyped up for the Main Event.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This has single-handedly salvaged the WrestleMania Main Event for me.

Just to clear the air of any confusion; I did not think Lesnar/Reigns was going to be a crap match, hell I'm dam sure it was and still will be an absolute slugger of a hard-hitting spectacle. It's Brock freakin' Lesnar. And a capable big man who has shown against the right opponent (think vs Orton @ Summerlsam, vs Bryan @ Fastlane) he can play his part in a 4* match. The allure of the event was lost on me due to the totally predictable outcome. Lesnar was meant to be leaving, Reigns had been groomed to slay the beast. There was only going to ever be one winner. But now things have changed. I stand by my prediction that Reigns will leave Mania as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion - I don't think there will be a cash-in at all at Mania, but that's for another thread - but the news of Lesnar re-signing has at the very least planted a seed of doubt. That was all it took.

Very much so looking forward to Sunday, now.
Reigns has been built for this moment (in kayfabe, before people starting crying). They aren't yanking the rug out from him. Not sure why people are thinking this. Lesnar back is great, but this changes nothing as far as Sunday goes.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Why? That would be a total waste of a Rumble victory.
Lesnar cleaning house at another Rumble would be awesome. Not every Rumble needs to make a new star. In fact, if they tried that at every single Rumble it would be a clusterfuck of a mess.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I heard the news on the radio this morning, this makes the WM31 ending now unpredictable, it may lean towards Lesnar now

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lesnar cleaning house at another Rumble would be awesome. Not every Rumble needs to make a new star. In fact, if they tried that at every single Rumble it would be a clusterfuck of a mess.

Cleaning house doesn't have to equate to winning it.

Twista XL

Reaction score
Reigns has been built for this moment (in kayfabe, before people starting crying). They aren't yanking the rug out from him. Not sure why people are thinking this. Lesnar back is great, but this changes nothing as far as Sunday goes.

Because as I said in my original post; all that was needed was a seed of doubt. Just the tiniest seed of doubt that Lesnar COULD get the victory adds all sort of intrigue to this match. I still think it's 95/5 that Reigns wins but before Lesnar re-signed I was 100/0. Yes, it would be silly for WWE to bottle Reigns this late in the game and I hope they don't but it does add intrigue and as I said that's all that was missing from my hard-hitting main event.

Even though I agree with you that it won't change the result I'll respond to why people are thinking this because I'm in an engaging, conversationalist mood. It's really simple; as you said Reigns has been built up for this moment - slaying the beast. But in rebuttal Lesnar has never stop being built as a beast, he hasn't looked weak, they haven't exposed a chink. In theory Reigns could throw absolutely bloody everything at Lesnar but Lesnar being Lesnar is still able to his an F-5 out of nowhere and win. We've seen a chokeslam can put Reigns down for 3, so an F-5 sure as hell can. That would raise the question of whether Lesnar truly is better than Reigns or if the match was anyone's to win. Wouldn't damage Reigns in terms of being the slayer and hell, you can still have him be the one to eventually take down Brock. What if Lesnar cheats to win? What if WWE realize Reigns isn't the champion a lot of fans want and say fuck it, Lesnar do him, go uber beast mode again.

I don't think any of the above will happen nor do I particularly want it. I'm just saying why people may think Sunday isn't set in stone. Hate to keep repeating but as aforementioned; tiniest seed of doubt is all wrestling fans ever need.

Reactions: Green Jesus

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
Well who else would even be considered as a candidate to win the Rumble seeing how low WWE's main event scene is now

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well who else would even be considered as a candidate to win the Rumble seeing how low WWE's main event scene is now

I'd say Ambrose, Rollins, and Bryan are all viable candidates. Maybe even Reigns again, although I'd be hard-pressed to think how that would in any way be a good idea, but a lot can happen in a year. It's possible that we get a Shield triple-match at Wrestlemania 32, possibly for the WWE Title, so Ambrose and Reigns rehashing the Bret/Luger '94 Rumble ending by going over the top rope and hitting the floor at the same time and both being declared the winner is a good way to set up the three-way between them at Mania if Rollins is the champion.

If The Rock makes himself available for next year's Wrestlemania, then it's him vs Brock. That's the biggest money match in WWE right now and it would take a lot for them not to do it. And that match doesn't have to involve the WWE Championship, nor should it. It's bigger than the title, meanwhile you can use the championship to elevate another match on the same card.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate, what if Brock is actually lying on the behest of WWE in order to make the result of Sunday's match more unpredictable? It's not likely but it's a possibility that crossed my mind when I read this.

Jumping into the discussion late here, but I would say you're right about him lying not being likely. Since this was announced off WWE air time, it's unlikely it would be a lie. I think WWE is unlikely to lie about something like this because of its stockholders. If people honestly believed Lesnar had resigned and purchased shares due to the idea that Lesnar's continued future with the company would be profitable, if it ended up being a lie, the WWE would be in some deep shit.

In reference to Lesnar signing a new contract (I can use the resign or re sign anymore, I keep thinking about the ambiguity when I type it) I think it is great.

In regards to the talk about Heyman turning on Lesnar, I can't see it. When he turned on Lesnar before, it seemed odd. I mean, the Big Show was a lot younger and still arguably in the prime of his career, but Lesnar had already looked overtly impressive. This time around, Lesnar's mystique is leagues more impressive than it was then. With the UFC reign and his basically unstoppable bulldozing of WWE, it would make Heyman look like a big moron to switch on him, even if he joined Reigns. I mean Reigns would be the best choice if Heyman were to turn, but it still would seem idiotic. Why turn on the most invincible looking wrestler in the world, the man who has saved you from numerous ass beatings in the past years? Also, after the beating Lesnar gave him after the first turn, the beating CM Punk gave him after that betrayal, Paul might want to stick to his loyalty guns for a while.

Last edited:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It will be fun to watch Lesnar kill people 3 or 4 more times before he leaves for good.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love to see him pull a few heads off and boot them into the rafters, while Paul Heyman screams in joy..What a show!