Brock signs new WWE contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Best news I could've woken up to. Lesnar's staying so he HAS to retain. He has to keep the title until RAW after WM31 and get cashed in on, possibly hurting himself in the process which leads to a break before he returns to take back the title. Lesnar vs Bryan, Lesnar vs Rock, Lesnar vs Sheamus, Lesnar vs Ambrose, Lesnar vs Cesaro and Lesnar vs Ryback are all matches I'd like to see so they can keep him being the beast nobody can beat until WrestleMania 32. No point having Reigns beat Lesnar in what has been the worst RTWM ever and Reigns being less over than any of the guys I listed above.

Why not just cash in at Mania itself then? It'd not only be more historical (no one's ever cashed in on the grand stage before) but Lesnar would have just exhausted himself with a long match. That'd be the perfect opportunity for Rollins to zone in.

I think it's Reigns who HAS to win here. He most likely will.
No need for the 'E to kill the guy just like that by having him lose, but hey, you never know when WWE might be like "Swerve! lol".

Reigns losing isn't really 'killing' him. He'd only lose credibility (and even then, it's arguable how much) if he's demolished and brought down by Lesnar with great ease or something. If Reigns goes down fighting and ends up 'bringing the pain' to Brock Lesnar in the process and has him walking away sore after the match, he'd still look like a bad-ass and might even gain the respect and admiration of some of the fans back. Think Wrestlemania 13 with Austin - he lost the match but the way the ending was booked with him refusing to submit to Bret's Sharpshooter even while he was busted open with blood pouring out of his skull is what earned him the nickname "the toughest SOB in the WWF" and what helped aid his popularity big time. This would be a bit different of a scenario, obviously, but similar.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
lol people are insane thinking Bryan is going to be champ by SS. Reigns vs Bryan? Who would be the heel? Who will dethrone Roman first? Reigns vs Rollins will be the story of the summer with him retaining to face Brock. Bryan Ziggler and the other guys that size will be IC while Cena Wyatt and the bigger guys go US. This is just my bet, but Reigns will not drop his belt to Bryan.

Assuming Rollins cashes in on Reigns at Mania or on post-WM Raw, then yeah, Reigns vs Rollins would be the story of the summer. (Or heck, maybe even the former Shield match, but I doubt it)

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm really glad Brock is resigning. I wish it was for a full time deal, but let's take what we can get. This means 2 possibilities for Mania: Reigns wins or Brock wins. Obviously this was the case before his signing, but until now, I don't think anyone was thinking that Brock would win. With the resigning, it makes things interesting. We all know, whether we want to admit it or not, Reigns hasn't grown on the fans like WWE hoped he would. Sure, Reigns has improved and I don't mind him facing Lesnar. But, he's clearly not the top guy for the company, yet. Does he sell out arenas like Cena does/did? Does he sell as much merchandise as Bryan or Cena? Is he a great performer: mic work, ring work, charisma, etc.? I think he's good at some of these things....however, he has a lot of work to do. And, if you ask me, they jumped the gun a little bit with him.

I say all that above (not as sour grapes) to say that because of this doubt that has to be brewing in upper management's mind, will we see Lesnar retain after this contract signing? I mean Vince decided to have Taker lose last year 3 hours before the show. I feel that it's plausible that Brock may win this match after a devastating battle with Reigns. Reigns could kick out of like 3 F5's....do something that no one has ever been able to do...it could take 4 to beat him....and Paul Heyman has to interfere when it looked like Brock was going to be pinned after like 3 spears and numerous superman punches. Reigns can lose but still come out looking like a winner...moreover, I feel that Rollins would have to cash in at this point. Brock could be standing over Reigns and try to pick him up for one more F5....just to make a point....Reigns counters and hits another spear. Flooring Brock as he's holding his ribs...Reigns flexes and throws the title down at Lesnar then walks away. It seems like the show is about to go off the air and Brock is barely able to move holding his ribs. Then you see Rollins emerge from the crowd with briefcase in hand. He slides into the ring and runs quick as Lesnar is trying to stand: Curb Stomp! He hands the referee the briefcase, the bell rings....and he hooks Lesnar leg and gets the 1,2,3. Reigns walks back out from the curtain and is shaking his head in disgust as Rollins celebrates and holds the championship high above his head. This makes for the perfect feud between Rollins and Reigns and give Reigns some more time to try and grow on people.

What I stated above, I feel is very plausible. I mean I feel that this won't happen and Reigns will win the match clean. I am hoping for what i stated above to happen, however. I feel it would be more unexpected and better. Essentially, as long as Rollins cashes in, I'm happy. Idc who he does it on. I want it to be at Mania. This would make an impact.

All in all, I'm glad Brock signed and I'm interested to see how they use him....now that we know he'll consistently have to show up, it'll make his matches that much more exciting.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Oh good. Now Reigns can lose and Cena can lose at Wrestlemania. Afterwards Cena can go after Brock and beat him now. Happy ending for us all.

Twista XL

Reaction score
This has single-handedly salvaged the WrestleMania Main Event for me.

Just to clear the air of any confusion; I did not think Lesnar/Reigns was going to be a crap match, hell I'm dam sure it was and still will be an absolute slugger of a hard-hitting spectacle. It's Brock freakin' Lesnar. And a capable big man who has shown against the right opponent (think vs Orton @ Summerlsam, vs Bryan @ Fastlane) he can play his part in a 4* match. The allure of the event was lost on me due to the totally predictable outcome. Lesnar was meant to be leaving, Reigns had been groomed to slay the beast. There was only going to ever be one winner. But now things have changed. I stand by my prediction that Reigns will leave Mania as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion - I don't think there will be a cash-in at all at Mania, but that's for another thread - but the news of Lesnar re-signing has at the very least planted a seed of doubt. That was all it took.

Very much so looking forward to Sunday, now.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
IMO, Reigns losing is best for business. Lesnar gets to still tell his "lol i'm unbeatable get rekt scrubs" story, Reigns isn't ruined as he's taken the fight to Brock Lesnar and the fans won't shit on Reigns because he can get his chance at a slower push (knowing WWE and Vince's fetish, this will NEVER happen).

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I think it's Reigns who HAS to win here. He most likely will.
No need for the 'E to kill the guy just like that by having him lose, but hey, you never know when WWE might be like "Swerve! lol".

Sooooooo not killing him... at least it shouldn't be in any logical universe.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that Brock will end up being the winner of the 2016 Royal Rumble If he loses on Sunday