Brock signs new WWE contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It creates a little more uncertainty as far as the main event is concerned, but I'm still positive Reigns is walking out as champion.

Just to play devil's advocate, what if Brock is actually lying on the behest of WWE in order to make the result of Sunday's match more unpredictable? It's not likely but it's a possibility that crossed my mind when I read this.

I'm joyful of the news that Brock is staying regardless of what happens.

Last edited:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It creates a little more uncertainty as far as the main event is concerned, but I'm still positive Reigns is walking out as champion.

I was gonna play devil's advocate and speculate that maybe Brock was lying on the behest of WWE in order to make the result of Sunday's match more unpredictable, but I'm not sure that's very credible as a theory. The possibility crossed my mind, though.

I'm joyful of the news that Brock is staying regardless of what happens.
What better place to 'slay the dragon' then at Wrestlemania?
Suppose Reigns loses? Will that mean he has to wait until Summerslam to take his place on the mantle?
Will he go the way of Ryback? Will his ship have sailed by that point?

Objectively speaking, WWE really should go according to plan. Reigns is your long term investment and Lesnar will just have to eat the clean pin this time.
What is indisputable is that we now know Lesnar will receive a rematch provided Heyman doesn't turn on Lesnar by somehow injuring him through the course of the match.
If Lesnar wins it only confirms that WWE has the same doubts about Roman Reigns as we all do deep down.

Booking this match suddenly becomes more difficult. Keeping Lesnar heel is a challenge.
How can Lesnar possibly lose this match, demand his rematch only to lose again?
Lesnar could regain the title at Extreme Rules, then retain at Payback in unconvincing fashion. This way, Reigns wins the big one but must start from the bottom and work his way back up.

JesseS

Jobber
Reaction score
Woohoo! This is great news, or at least I think so. It makes my lady happy, so that's always a good start! It will definitely make things interesting.

Reactions: Red Rain

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
At the very least, the WM main event has a clear cut face and clear cut heel now. Good. :)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Now I'm honestly hoping he gets to feud with Randy Orton. Like, I've wanted to see that match since he came back.

Reactions: edge4ever

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What better place to 'slay the dragon' then at Wrestlemania?
Suppose Reigns loses? Will that mean he has to wait until Summerslam to take his place on the mantle?
Will he go the way of Ryback? Will his ship have sailed by that point?

Objectively speaking, WWE really should go according to plan. Reigns is your long term investment and Lesnar will just have to eat the clean pin this time.
What is indisputable is that we now know Lesnar will receive a rematch provided Heyman doesn't turn on Lesnar by somehow injuring him through the course of the match.
If Lesnar wins it only confirms that WWE has the same doubts about Roman Reigns as we all do deep down.

Booking this match suddenly becomes more difficult. Keeping Lesnar heel is a challenge.
How can Lesnar possibly lose this match, demand his rematch only to lose again?
Lesnar could regain the title at Extreme Rules, then retain at Payback in unconvincing fashion. This way, Reigns wins the big one but must start from the bottom and work his way back up.

If Reigns wins, they'll probably put off the rematch until Summerslam (assuming they don't ignore the rematch clause altogether, which would be stupid of them to do in this case.) The excuse could be that Lesnar re-injured his rib(s) in the match at Wrestlemania (only in a much worse way than he did at the Rumble) and he wanted to wait till he was 100% again before taking Reigns head-on again.

And if by some miracle Lesnar retains, he'll probably be cashed in on by Rollins minutes later because how much longer can Brock honestly keep the title anyway? Summerslam at the latest? There's no way he's holding onto that thing all the way till Wrestlemania 32, and the only other people that I could see being deemed credible enough to fight Brock for the championship are Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and Sheamus.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
All I've heard about this new contract is that it expires in 2020, so with that, how long before Brock bulks up to here again?

BrockLesnar.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was hoping WWE/UFC could figure out a way he could do both, though I didn't expect it. Glad he will be around

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
And now his schedule after March 30th (if he drops the belt) is probably gonna be.......

Three and a half month break

He returns on the July 20th RAW which is gonna be in Kansas City

Works the August 10th RAW

Works the August 17th RAW

Has a match at SummerSlam in Brooklyn

Works the August 24th RAW in Brooklyn

Two month break

Returns October 26th which I imagine will be at the Staples Center since Hell In A Cell will be there

the build for Survivor Series begins as it is decided that Lesnar will be the captain of team Heyman and they will go against team Bryan

Works the November 9th show

Works the November 16th show

Survivor Series in Atlanta

Break

Returns on the December 14th RAW and enters the Royal Rumble match

Works the December 28th show

Works the January 11th RAW

Works the January 18th RAW

Since they probably won't be able to find anyone else or won't bother booking someone else to,
Brock Lesnar wins the 2016 Royal Rumble

Works the January 25th RAW

Works the February 8th RAW

Works the February 22nd RAW

Works the March 7th RAW

Works the March 21st RAW

Works the March 28th RAW

WrestleMania 32

Repeats

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Best news I could've woken up to. Lesnar's staying so he HAS to retain. He has to keep the title until RAW after WM31 and get cashed in on, possibly hurting himself in the process which leads to a break before he returns to take back the title. Lesnar vs Bryan, Lesnar vs Rock, Lesnar vs Sheamus, Lesnar vs Ambrose, Lesnar vs Cesaro and Lesnar vs Ryback are all matches I'd like to see so they can keep him being the beast nobody can beat until WrestleMania 32. No point having Reigns beat Lesnar in what has been the worst RTWM ever and Reigns being less over than any of the guys I listed above.

Reactions: edge4ever

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Best news I could've woken up to. Lesnar's staying so he HAS to retain. He has to keep the title until RAW after WM31 and get cashed in on, possibly hurting himself in the process which leads to a break before he returns to take back the title. Lesnar vs Bryan, Lesnar vs Rock, Lesnar vs Sheamus, Lesnar vs Ambrose, Lesnar vs Cesaro and Lesnar vs Ryback are all matches I'd like to see so they can keep him being the beast nobody can beat until WrestleMania 32. No point having Reigns beat Lesnar in what has been the worst RTWM ever and Reigns being less over than any of the guys I listed above.

I think it's Reigns who HAS to win here. He most likely will.
No need for the 'E to kill the guy just like that by having him lose, but hey, you never know when WWE might be like "Swerve! lol".

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
i'd make a serious bet he still loses, and doesnt return until before SummerSlam.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Now more than ever, Reins needs to dethrone Bork if they're serious with his super push. There will be plenty of shitty random Raws and shitty PPVs for Bork to regain and do the mega match with Bryan at SummerSlam.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
lol people are insane thinking Bryan is going to be champ by SS. Reigns vs Bryan? Who would be the heel? Who will dethrone Roman first? Reigns vs Rollins will be the story of the summer with him retaining to face Brock. Bryan Ziggler and the other guys that size will be IC while Cena Wyatt and the bigger guys go US. This is just my bet, but Reigns will not drop his belt to Bryan.