BREAKING NEWS - XBOX REVERT CHANGES TO ONLINE & DRM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-drm-used-games-reversal/

Microsoft's next game console, the Xbox One, is perhaps best known for its complex used game system and once-per-24-hour online check-in requirement. Today, Microsoft is rolling back those policies, and the company took to its Xbox blog to explain. "Today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360," Xbox head Don Mattrick writes. He then states:

"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.​
Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."​
Mattrick further explains that this is a direct response to gamer outcry. "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One," he says. Further, he confirms that Xbox One games will be region-free, and that disc-based games will have to be kept in the disc tray rather than ripped to the console and played digitally (a previously touted Xbox One feature).

The console "war" is back on, I suspect. :hmm:

Fucking huge news though.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Xbox One just made a face turn! :mog:

Reactions: catlady

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Holy shit. The two factors Sony were using to sway the votes have just been removed. Now it's just about the content of the console. Great move by Microsoft, but I fear it's far too late.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Holy shit. The two factors Sony were using to sway the votes have just been removed. Now it's just about the content of the console. Great move by Microsoft, but I fear it's far too late.

when do these things launch? I don't think it is too late at all.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
when do these things launch? I don't think it is too late at all.

E3 has just gone, and it was watched by millions. There isn't another platform that can do that, and this blog post needs to be eaten up by mainstream media to be seen. It needs to be explained. They should have done this at E3, and if they did, they could have competed with Sony or surpassed them. Currently, PS4 sales are SO FAR ahead of Xbox One lol.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Oh man. Xbox is trying to reel people back in but it may be too late, many people have already pre-ordered PS4's. Either way, still not getting an Xbox. Don't think they can be trusted with all the shit they've already pulled.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Smartest decision they could have made. You know why they changed it? Because WE THE PEOPLE! Our backlash has made them realize the error of their ways. Now i'm going to buy a xbox one because I know they are my bitch.

Reactions: Crayo and Farooq

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Them backpeddling/reverting was to be expected considering how the pre orders have gone. They will likely catch up in the long run as the generation goes on and new exclusives are revealed during its lifetime.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Oh man. Xbox is trying to reel people back in but it may be too late, many people have already pre-ordered PS4's. Either way, still not getting an Xbox. Don't think they can be trusted with all the shit they've already pulled.

What % of gamers do you guys really think are pre ordering consoles months and months before launch? like .01%?

Reactions: seabs