Breaking News: Umaga Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Uhmm, ECW has always been on the range of 1.2-1-4, so they haven't exactly dropped.

As for Smackdown, seeing how the network they are in is not received by many people, the rating drop was expectable.

chessarmy

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Prior to his release this past Monday, Umaga, as late as a week ago, was still being groomed for a program with Undertaker for his eventual return to the ring.

WWE had plans to do an Undertaker vs. Umaga program for about a year, but injuries to both men constantly delayed it. A little over a month after being drafted to SmackDown, Umaga suffered a torn PCL at a live event on August 2nd. Upon his return to action in late January, Undertaker was getting geared for a huge WrestleMania angle with Shawn Michaels, once again delaying a possible program. Directly following WrestleMania, Taker was placed on the inactive list as a result of knee surgery, derailing plans once again.

As far as Undertaker is concerned, he is expected to be off crutches in the middle of July. It's being said that it will be a "photo finish" for him to return at SummerSlam.

Just to rub it in a little :laugh:

Airfixx

Stop being a smark and actually look at what I said because you obviously didn't read much. The ratings have dropped to TNA level on everything but Raw and Raw has been cut in half and not getting watched. You need to accept that just because you like the show doesn't make it good and any real fan would recognize the need for an upgrade in product so it doesn't get cancelled and be stuck on HDnet in 8 years.

...And this ties into your ignorant Vince-bashing, how exactly?

To counter point though, peeps have been spitting the same shit about WWE for years and excuse me, but, whilst not every minute of every hour had me on the edge of my seat iwth anticipation, I had a thoroughly enjoyable time, 'religiously' watching their product during 2008. (I can't say the same about any other show... In fact I all but never watch any other shows.)

Fuck your talk of 'if was a real fan'.... Too many peeps want a tailor made product. >>>>

Like rooting for a bad football team, you don't say everything is okay with a 3-13 record, you tell the GM/coaches/players to get their fuckin' act together!

I support a team through thick and thin.... Opposingly, if I don't like where the WWE product is at a certain point in time, I at least have the 'option' to stop watching until I come accross something in the product that appeals to me again (using for football analogy.... A win, maybe.).