Breaking News: Umaga Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Klide

And WWE's roster gets EVEN WORSE! I'm looking forward to the destruction of the brand extension again, you know its coming...

I hope so if u mean wwe with only raw and sd and less ppvs then so be it

Wrestling Station

Maybe the WWE are trying to cut some expenses to sign in The Rock :p

I hope Bischoff comes back man, its getting bad recently.

MizMasta3000

no wonder cm punk won....still there has to be a reason behind it, some major incident or umaga wanting to be released

Maybe this is another Kennedy incident.

I still don't get it, WWE has been looking for guys to turn into a "beastie, samoan-kinda heel" for about 10 yrs. They got no where with Rikishi, They wanted to hire Samoa Joe(he was actually in a WWF match with Essa Rios on Jakked once) and the finally got it in Ed Fatu. WWE is f***ed up for real

What the fuck? Way to go WWE. Release your best moving agile big man. :smh

on a plus side, by the end of September, TNA will be looking great.

That is the reason why TNA cannot get ahead. Signing former WWE superstars doesn't make the WWE look bad. It makes TNA look like they are waiting for table scraps. Until TNA puts over their originals or more indy and ROH guys, WWE will always win

noumenon

I thought the two clean CM Punk wins over him in a row were a bit odd. Seriously though, this fucking sucks. WWE better push the shit out of Knox right now because Umaga seriously left a bigger gap than I think they realize.

noumenon

Yeah, I was going to bring that up as well.
Could it have been a situation of him being upset at playing bitch to Punk the past few weeks upon his return?

chessarmy

Umaga update, Vince freaking out

To follow up on the surprising story from yesterday that Umaga had been released from his WWE contract, PWInsider.com reports that WWE sources say it was “a situation where he just had to be let go.” What that quote means is anyone’s guess because the sources didn‘t specify, but there have apparently been behavior-related issues with Umaga in the past.

Umaga is telling people he left under his own free will, and while that could be true, it seems unlikely as he just made his return and worked hard to come back.

There have been a lot of people in the company worried about losing their jobs as of late. Vince is said to be even more hyper or “insane” than usual and it’s a very tough time to be a member of the WWE staff. Vince is said to be more short-tempered than usual and is changing his mind on issues very frequently and frantically.

Vince is usually much nicer to the wrestlers than the staff, possibly due to the fact most of them are physically bigger than him. Some sources feel that when Vince is mad at a wrestler for doing something, he doesn’t chew out the wrestler but rather takes it out on a staff member like an assistant or a TV announcer.

Vince is famous for taking out his anger on Michael Cole and former WWE announcer Mick Foley, both of whom are described as very nice guys by their co-workers. This treatment is what apparently lead to Foley leaving WWE for TNA and becoming one of TNA’s top draws. Mick Foley, alongside Sting, helped set new TNA iMPACT viewership records leading into the company’s Lockdown 2009 PPV.

PWInsider.com reports that people in the company feel RAW is “boring” is right now, but since Vince is directing creative, nobody says anything. The feeling is that even if you suggest something minor that is logical and would improve the show, you could get chewed out by the boss for it.

On a side note, WWE management is back on a kick to prevent leaks to the internet. Finding moles within the company staff and creative team is back to a top priority.

from 24wrestling

---------------

What happened with Umaga? And wtf is wrong with Vince?

MikeRaw

Drug testing at Raw... Could that have led to Umagas release?

There was another round of major drug testing last night at RAW.

As noted earlier, creative was told of several names to keep off next weeks RAW which lead many to believe that suspensions could be coming.

According to one source, there was a situation where Umaga "just had to be let go". He's telling people he quit. He worked real hard to return just several weeks ago and to just 'quit' after so much rehab is not believable.

prowrestlingscoops.com
-----------------------
I'm betting it was a drug thing for Umaga then. If I'm not mistaken, his release came out after Raw last night, and there was a test before or after Raw, so he probably failed, and got released.

Hometown Kid

It's unbelievable how much a guy that did so much with his company years ago is so unaware of good business today. He continues to ruin his own product and it's just laughable. If his ego wasn't ridiculous he would have hired a smart wrestling and entertainment mind to handle things and he could just retire or show up on TV every once in awhile or something.

Nation

He brought it on himself by ruining his relationships with big names and making the WWE PG. The only show where ratings are rising is superstars, the three main brands are all losing viewers.

-TJ-

lolwut? WWE got rid of one of the greatest big men in thier company?

The Rated R CMStar

Lol at the bashing at Vince. Thing is, Umaga was either released because he failed a drug test, or he was a bitch to keep backstage. You are just defending Umaga because he was good, but to try and act like Vince is crazy and he should take Umaga causing shit backstage or failing drug tests is truly stupid.