Breaking News: Umaga Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
There's still nothing confirmed as to the situation, as even Umaga failing a drug test is simply speculation (although a very highly likely speculation). Valid reason or not, point is WWE could not afford to lose Umaga. The ratings are slipping every month and they have only a handful of main eventers left, with most needing time off for injuries or possibly leaving their contracts in the summer.

Case in point, if WWE doesn't have MVP, John Morrison, The Miz and a few choice others main eventing regularly on PPV by the end of this year, they are fucked.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Bye bye to their best big man. If it was a failed drug test then shame on Jamal, if it was some conflict with another wrestler or management, don't they have a 3 strike policy backstage?

Not a big loss, but it was a loss especially to SD!.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
Bad year for being an Anoai in the WWE. First Manu, then Afa and now Umaga. How many members of this family has Vince fired over the years? Everybody but The Rock, I think, quit sending people to him.

The Rated R CMStar

Bye bye to their best big man. If it was a failed drug test then shame on Jamal, if it was some conflict with another wrestler or management, don't they have a 3 strike policy backstage?

Not a big loss, but it was a loss especially to SD!.

Apparently now, if you fail, you're out. They put that instead of going public with the failing.

Valid reason or not, point is WWE could not afford to lose Umaga. The ratings are slipping every month and they have only a handful of main eventers left

1) Umaga is hardly a rating magnet.

2) Umaga was hardly a main eventer.

Airfixx

Shitty news. :(

No one is saying that every thing he does is stupid

On the contrary some ARE.

....and he's an idiot who doesn't run a company. They're just saying he's an idiot in this case, for releasing a valuable part of the roster. And I agree with them.

Point is that Vince is being blamed by some and called an idiot by others for the release of Umaga... If Umaga has done wrong then Vince may have had no choice but to fire him. (Was Vince also an "idiot" for suspending Jeff Hardy last year?)

Gentle reminder: YA'LL DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED (YET)!!!

Travis40

I like how people bash Vince McMahon and questioning his business skills, but he is the greatest businessman in wrestling history.

It's unbelievable how much a guy that did so much with his company years ago is so unaware of good business today. He continues to ruin his own product and it's just laughable. If his ego wasn't ridiculous he would have hired a smart wrestling and entertainment mind to handle things and he could just retire or show up on TV every once in awhile or something.

:laugh:

Vince isn't ruining his product. Just because you and a small portion of the internet wrestling fanbase don't like what the WWE is doing right now, doesn't mean that Vince is ruining his company. He's still drawing in huge ratings for Raw, and big ratings for SD (compared to many other TV shows). People are just bitching about the WWE becuase they released Kennedy and Umaga, and for very good reasons.

Hometown Kid

He's still drawing in huge ratings for Raw, and big ratings for SD (compared to many other TV shows). People are just bitching about the WWE becuase they released Kennedy and Umaga, and for very good reasons.

It's not about Umaga or Kennedy because one sucks and the others unlucky and injury prone. Vince was one of the greatest businessmen in wrestling years ago but anyone would tell you he's just an old crazy egomaniac now. And even that's disputable, his company was about to go down the crapper until Rock and Austin (and himself as on-air persona to a degree.) saved him. And :laugh: at "you and a small portion of the internet community". I'd have to look at the ratings just 5 years ago and i'd have to say between then and now many have soured on their product.

Like I said, I was responding to Chess's thread about Vince going nutso backstage, but then it got merged here. >_> Letting Umaga go was a good move.

Travis40

The ratings may have slipped, but WWE shows still pull in better ratings than anything else (except sports, of course)

Hometown Kid

The ratings may have slipped, but WWE shows still pull in better ratings than anything else (except sports, of course)

That's not the point, the ratings were almost double what they are now but the product slipped and people stopped watching. Eventually more will stop and they'll get cancelled from television, effectively screwing the company.

Travis40

That's not the point, the ratings were almost double what they are now but the product slipped and people stopped watching. Eventually more will stop and they'll get cancelled from television, effectively screwing the company.

WWE has a diehard fanbase that will never quit watching, no matter how bad they get. It doesn't matter if their ratings were doubled, they're still pulling in the best ratings of any show (once again, besides sports)

Hometown Kid

WWE has a diehard fanbase that will never quit watching, no matter how bad they get. It doesn't matter if their ratings were doubled, they're still pulling in the best ratings of any show (once again, besides sports)

Again, not the point. Their ratings are okay now, (Raw's anyway, the others are around TNA level.) but in the future, they won't be if they alienate their fanbase with bad shows that only the diehards can enjoy. And how many of these diehard WWE fans are there anyway? Dozens of internet smart fans? WWE self-admittingly markets to kids first. (Which is smart in the short term due to merchandising etc.) But they'll grow up and some if not most could stop liking the shows just like the 4 million or whatever that have tuned out already. And then once again, the company's screwed. Umaga, Kennedy, Vince and Randy Savage combined couldn't save them then.

Reaction score
Umaga going had to be for an important reason (whether he failed a test or uttered a death threat) and it was not because Umaga sucks or can't work or why would they bring back Chris Masters. If quality produced ratings Smackdown would be getting 5.0's, Raw would be getting 1.5 & TNA 3.0 & ROH 5.5. unfortunately people want Attitude era like shenanigans and not actual wrestling and they actually think PG makes a difference when Smackdown has been PG since it started! by the way highest rated moment in Raw history was supposedly a gimmick match between the two senior citizens Pat & Gerry!

Airfixx

anyone would tell you he's just an old crazy egomaniac now.

So this "anyone" you speak of; has ANYONE EVER told YOU this personally....?

And even that's disputable

Wait... I thought "anyone" would tell me that he was????????

All together now, Smarks. Now for the chorus.... "WWE isn't how I want it to be >>>> It's dooomed!"

Hometown Kid

So this "anyone" you speak of; has ANYONE EVER told YOU this personally....?

Wait... I thought "anyone" would tell me that he was????????

All together now, Smarks. Now for the chorus.... "WWE isn't how I want it to be >>>> It's dooomed!"

Stop being a smark and actually look at what I said because you obviously didn't read much. The ratings have dropped to TNA level on everything but Raw and Raw has been cut in half and not getting watched. You need to accept that just because you like the show doesn't make it good and any real fan would recognize the need for an upgrade in product so it doesn't get cancelled and be stuck on HDnet in 8 years. Like rooting for a bad football team, you don't say everything is okay with a 3-13 record, you tell the GM/coaches/players to get their fuckin' act together!