Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I want to go see it very badly. It looks really good. But you'll never beat Adam Sandler and his cult following of people who like shit.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Seen both and they are both good, I found Grown ups 2 Really funny and usually I find most of adam's movies as eh. Pacific Rim was just completely badass :)

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm not really looking forward to Pacific Rim. Just looks to be 2 hours of shit getting blown up. If I wanted to see that I would just watch Transformers again. Growns Up 2 I will be seeing as I loved the first one.

Also super pumped to see Despicable Me 2. Seeing it this weekend along with R.I.P.D which looks really good as well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm not really looking forward to Pacific Rim. Just looks to be 2 hours of shit getting blown up. If I wanted to see that I would just watch Transformers again. Growns Up 2 I will be seeing as I loved the first one.Also super pumped to see Despicable Me 2. Seeing it this weekend along with R.I.P.D which looks really good as well.

Difference is PR is directed by someone with talent. It may not be his best film but should still be one of the better films of its kind.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A little bit funny that Growns Up 2 managed to out perform a huge blockbuster like Pacific Rim. It was really expensive to make so it needs huge legs overseas to make any money. I am glad that Despicable Me 2 managed to repeat on top again and that The Way Way Back continued to have a good theatre average, needs to expand wide soon.

Turbo, The Conjuring, Red 2 and R.I.P.D. are opening wide this weekend. Turbo will struggle against superior kids films in Monsters and Despicable Me. The Conjuring will cash in on the horror craze and actually looks scary for a horror film, Vera Farmiga is great in Bates Motel so I am sure she will excel here. The first Red didn't appeal to me so no different with Red 2. R.I.P.D. I have never heard of until I read it was opening this weekend. What is it about and why has there been no buzz at all for it?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A little bit funny that Growns Up 2 managed to out perform a huge blockbuster like Pacific Rim. It was really expensive to make so it needs huge legs overseas to make any money. I am glad that Despicable Me 2 managed to repeat on top again and that The Way Way Back continued to have a good theatre average, needs to expand wide soon.

Turbo, The Conjuring, Red 2 and R.I.P.D. are opening wide this weekend. Turbo will struggle against superior kids films in Monsters and Despicable Me. The Conjuring will cash in on the horror craze and actually looks scary for a horror film, Vera Farmiga is great in Bates Motel so I am sure she will excel here. The first Red didn't appeal to me so no different with Red 2. R.I.P.D. I have never heard of until I read it was opening this weekend. What is it about and why has there been no buzz at all for it?

I've been seeing previews for awhile now. I'm still really skeptical on it because the concept seems good, but it just doesn't look like they're going to be near as funny as they think they are. The previews are annoying as hell, I'll give it a chance and maybe download it a few months from now, but I won't be seeing this one in theaters.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I've been seeing previews for awhile now. I'm still really skeptical on it because the concept seems good, but it just doesn't look like they're going to be near as funny as they think they are. The previews are annoying as hell, I'll give it a chance and maybe download it a few months from now, but I won't be seeing this one in theaters.

Granted I am in Australia and it doesn't open here for a few months but even looking around US websites I have seen a lot more promotion for the other movies that were coming out around that time especially The Conjuring. Looking at Friday grosses and it has completely bombed and is going to lose the studio tons of money. The Conjuring had a great start of around $17 million on Friday and is on track to be yet another successful horror film this year.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
6140ACn.png

Amazing start for The Conjuring, and apparently it's actually a good movie, better than most horror films just going by how high it's rated on IMDb right now (even thought that'll still drop a good bit once it gets more votes, it's still way higher than most horror films are at this point). The other movies that opened this week didn't do well at all, especially R.I.P.D., I didn't expect it to be that good, but I didn't expect it to flop this bad either.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't get the hate on R.I.P.D. The movie was fantastic. I saw it the same night I saw Despicable Me 2 and honestly R.I.P.D blew DM 2 away.

Conjuring proving that the horror craze will never die down.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Far out that is a great result for The Conjuring, actually did more than Pacific Rim did opening weekend and on one tenth the budget. Just goes to show you don't need to spend ridiculous amounts on special effects to create a movie that people want to see. Shocked that R.I.P.D. cost $130 million to make, not like they had any big box office stars in the film that would have demanded $20 million salaries.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Seen two movies his weekend. The Wolverine, which was a a shockingly good interpretation of he wolverine character and silver samurai story, loved it. Saw Fruitvale Station too, griping story, and surprised me.

Think Wolvy tops the box office and Fruitvale does well for a limited release

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WIidNTn.png

Other than The Wolverine not doing too good, no real surprises this week. Conjuring sure has made a helluva profit though, really looking forward to seeing that after seeing all the reviews it's gotten.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Weaker start for Wolverine than I thought but it is doing well overseas. Conjuring had a great hold, normally horror films drop like crazy in the second weekend, they have probably made plans for a couple of sequels already.

Fun fact about Adam Sandler. Grown Ups 2 is his 14th $100 million movie at the US box office. Will Smith has 13 and Tom Cruise has 15.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This week I am going to see the new Simon Pegg/Nick Frost comedy The World's End, don't know when it will show up in the states but expect it to do well here. Also am looking forward to Only God Forgives the latest from Nicolas Winding Refn.

Think I will check out the Conjuring too, I like the cast and it is from the director of Saw and at least the first one of those was pretty good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just set up a thread for The World's End, it opens in Australia this weekend so I will be seeing it as well.