Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Shocked at how well Purge did. Saw the trailer and I think that the concept (all crime is legal for 12 hours each year) is too ridiculous to be enjoyable.

Man Of Steel and This Is The End open this week. MOS on track for a huge opening of around $125 million.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
dMLGJwf.png

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wonder how long this fascination with Superhero films will last. For the past decade it has exploded and doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon but surely it will eventually fade out.

Great start for Man of Steel and it probably means that they will greenlight a couple of sequels. This Is The End is an odd concept but started well enough considering it had a much smaller budget that MoS.

Monsters University and World War Z are up next week.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I wonder how long this fascination with Superhero films will last. For the past decade it has exploded and doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon but surely it will eventually fade out.

Great start for Man of Steel and it probably means that they will greenlight a couple of sequels. This Is The End is an odd concept but started well enough considering it had a much smaller budget that MoS.

Monsters University and World War Z are up next week.

Both of interest to me for different reasons.

Brad Pitt has grown on me in recent years when given the right part such as in Fight Club or Tree of Life he can impress, not sure how he will do in a fairly conventional Zombie movie through. It remains debatable whether he has the talent to lead a film.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Superhero trend probably won't last that many more years once Marvel finishes with The Avengers 2. DC could make a few more with some of their superheroes, and I wish they would (as long as they're better than Green Lantern), but once you get the big names out of the way like Superman and Batman (which is already done), then I don't see them doing so well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Both of interest to me for different reasons.

Brad Pitt has grown on me in recent years when given the right part such as in Fight Club or Tree of Life he can impress, not sure how he will do in a fairly conventional Zombie movie through. It remains debatable whether he has the talent to lead a film.

I have watched the trailer for World War Z a few times and it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think it clearly defines who the enemy are to someone that doesn't know the book and it seems weak on plot. Monsters University on the other hand is something I will have to see, enjoyed Monsters Inc as a kid so I am interested in seeing how they go with the sequel over a decade later.

Superhero trend probably won't last that many more years once Marvel finishes with The Avengers 2. DC could make a few more with some of their superheroes, and I wish they would (as long as they're better than Green Lantern), but once you get the big names out of the way like Superman and Batman (which is already done), then I don't see them doing so well.

It has been the in thing for so long and for someone like myself who isn't really into that genre of films it has been overkill. Wish that studios would pour more money into a more diverse range of films rather than focussing so much on one genre. It has dominated cinema for years now and I am hopefully that a new trend will come along soon.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I have watched the trailer for World War Z a few times and it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think it clearly defines who the enemy are to someone that doesn't know the book and it seems weak on plot. Monsters University on the other hand is something I will have to see, enjoyed Monsters Inc as a kid so I am interested in seeing how they go with the sequel over a decade later.

It has been the in thing for so long and for someone like myself who isn't really into that genre of films it has been overkill. Wish that studios would pour more money into a more diverse range of films rather than focussing so much on one genre. It has dominated cinema for years now and I am hopefully that a new trend will come along soon.

The enemy is the living dead that is running rampant across the earth, just like any zombie movie. The movie is also very loosely based on the book, as the book is after the war, about a reporter trying to piece it all together. The movie is about a guy trying to figure out where it originated to try and find a way to stop it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The enemy is the living dead that is running rampant across the earth, just like any zombie movie. The movie is also very loosely based on the book, as the book is after the war, about a reporter trying to piece it all together. The movie is about a guy trying to figure out where it originated to try and find a way to stop it.

From watching the trailer I couldn't even tell if they were zombies. I guessed it in the end because of the name of the movie but they don't really show them clearly at all. At first I thought that it was just an overpopulation movie where tons of poor people were attacking others.

Had a good opening even with all the bad publicity, $25 million on opening day but Monsters University topped that with $31 million.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
From watching the trailer I couldn't even tell if they were zombies. I guessed it in the end because of the name of the movie but they don't really show them clearly at all. At first I thought that it was just an overpopulation movie where tons of poor people were attacking others.

Had a good opening even with all the bad publicity, $25 million on opening day but Monsters University topped that with $31 million.

No, they don't look like your typical zombie, they don't act like your typical zombie, but it is a zombie movie. There might be a sub-plot which mostly all good zombies movies do have. I also never expected it to make 25 mil in its opening weekend(and there is still Sunday to go), nevermind make close to what the newest Disney/Pixar film raked in.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Agreed, some of them are okay but none of them really appeal to me, tend to be very overrated films. Though the zombie craze that's growing because of that equally overrated Walking Dead show isn't much better.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Can take or leave WWZ might give it a look at one point.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mCIx8C3.png

Fuck yeah, Monster's University

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Agreed, some of them are okay but none of them really appeal to me, tend to be very overrated films. Though the zombie craze that's growing because of that equally overrated Walking Dead show isn't much better.

The Walking Dead has evolved into its own phenomena. Linking TWD to Zombie movies is like saying WWE is the same as an indy fed, it shares a lot of the same concepts, but they are vastly differing approaches. For the record, the comics/graphics see more sales than AMC does viewers. Still not bad, considering Todd McFarlane wasn't going to allow the book to even be published, until Robert Kirkman lied and said by the end of the first arc he would introduce aliens.

[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], I understand the Superhero genre has been done heavily since Blade & Spawn proved there was a market(nearing 20 years, which would mean it has surpassed "fad" status), but I have to ask what you consider a "superhero movie". Movies like Road to Perdition & American Splendor are based on comics, with no superheroes, and were done due to the great storytelling, while movies like Sin City use a similar approach to a "Batman-esque Hero", no powers, often overly brutal, vigilantes. Then you have your V for Vendetta/Watchmen which are more about social commentaries than the heroes themselves. There is a lot more than just heroes.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The Walking Dead has evolved into its own phenomena. Linking TWD to Zombie movies is like saying WWE is the same as an indy fed, it shares a lot of the same concepts, but they are vastly differing approaches. For the record, the comics/graphics see more sales than AMC does viewers. Still not bad, considering Todd McFarlane wasn't going to allow the book to even be published, until Robert Kirkman lied and said by the end of the first arc he would introduce aliens.

[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], I understand the Superhero genre has been done heavily since Blade & Spawn proved there was a market(nearing 20 years, which would mean it has surpassed "fad" status), but I have to ask what you consider a "superhero movie". Movies like Road to Perdition & American Splendor are based on comics, with no superheroes, and were done due to the great storytelling, while movies like Sin City use a similar approach to a "Batman-esque Hero", no powers, often overly brutal, vigilantes. Then you have your V for Vendetta/Watchmen which are more about social commentaries than the heroes themselves. There is a lot more than just heroes.

Zombies are zombies, the average joe just knows WD as a zombie show and WWZ as a zombie movie.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Zombies are zombies, the average joe just knows WD as a zombie show and WWZ as a zombie movie.

Most people KNOW The Walking Dead, just like they do WWE. Maybe half of them know Romero, like TNA, even less know Fulchi, like ROH, then you have your Streiners, & Russos, just like all those other companies that have a hard time filling a high school gym. The Walking Dead "show" as you called it, is a franchise, the show is just the latest incarnation of it. Multiple board games, including Monopoly, 2 separate toy lines, both sculpted by Todd McFarlane, 3 videogames, monthly comic books & magazines, 2 novels(with a 3rd in the works for a fall release), 5 ways to collect the 111 issues of the comic(singles, digitals, 6 issue graphics, 12 issue hardcovers, and 48 issue omnibuses), it has become so far removed from the rest of the Zombie Nation that it is its own phenomena.