Big Ball O' Bullshit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Kassidy sucks and is brown. Sorry for the repetition there, but I thought I needed to drive home the point.

noumenon

I don't think it's to say "TALK WRESTLING OR GTFO!" because honestly at some points lately I really have to try pretty damn hard to squeeze an intelligent conversation out of what I've seen in wrestling the night before. It's true it's in a sad state of affairs and doesn't always warrant a conversation or debate to know how shitty the program was.

I think it's more a matter of just making a competent and relevant contribution to the forum. It seemed that every single thread, no matter what the topic was turned into flaming either LKP, Blaze, or Mizmasta/Matt's Legs..whatever the fuck his name was. Not even in casual talk could you find an intelligent conversation as every thread quickly degenerated to one line responses, stupid pictures as responses and "NASH!.
It was really fucking annoying, and there's no other way to put it.

I don't think the re-addition of HIAT was a good thing... at all. In a way all we're doing by bringing it back is encouraging stupid ass conversations and acting like assholes. Sure, I love to joke around and act stupid as much as the next person. But why not have ONE specific thread for that kind of shit. Where people can air out their grievances, talk stupid shit and be immature without having it spill into an entire section of the forum. Sure, let the rules be a little more relaxed as far as language and everything else goes in casual talk, it only makes sense.

Axis

Maybe if LKP/Blaze/Mizmaster weren't so awful, conversations wouldn't degenerate into attacks on them.

Kizza

I don't think it's to say "TALK WRESTLING OR GTFO!" because honestly at some points lately I really have to try pretty damn hard to squeeze an intelligent conversation out of what I've seen in wrestling the night before. It's true it's in a sad state of affairs and doesn't always warrant a conversation or debate to know how shitty the program was.

I think it's more a matter of just making a competent and relevant contribution to the forum. It seemed that every single thread, no matter what the topic was turned into flaming either LKP, Blaze, or Mizmasta/Matt's Legs..whatever the fuck his name was. Not even in casual talk could you find an intelligent conversation as every thread quickly degenerated to one line responses, stupid pictures as responses and "NASH!.
It was really fucking annoying, and there's no other way to put it.

I don't think the re-addition of HIAT was a good thing... at all. In a way all we're doing by bringing it back is encouraging stupid ass conversations and acting like assholes. Sure, I love to joke around and act stupid as much as the next person. But why not have ONE specific thread for that kind of shit. Where people can air out their grievances, talk stupid shit and be immature without having it spill into an entire section of the forum. Sure, let the rules be a little more relaxed as far as language and everything else goes in casual talk, it only makes sense.

But why does it need to be an uptight forum, where every post if of eloquence and of the finest critique. This whole bit of us Aussies taking the spam out of the spam section has been greatly exaggerated. You make it sound like every thread that we reply to turns into shit. That's complete and utter bull. Sure, there have been examples where we have gotten carried away with spam in serious threads, and that's fair enough, I respect that. But to say that it's anywhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be is purely ridiculous. Without a section to spam, to make these NASH threads and crap like that, where else are we going to do it. Surely it would be best to have a section like that for the random shit that EVERYONE can admit to being guilty of being involved in.

MizMasta3000

^^Every thread that you do reply to turns to a spam fest tbh. Yes HIAT/CT is for spam but stupid shit like NASH or yeah1993 is purely unecessary and Blue.

All of this madness made me reflect and remember why I first came to this forum. I wasn't expecting to be an active member but I honestly thought this forum was very organized and had some very intelligent memebers on board. I never intended to be in the LKP/Blaze clique. it sort of happened one day when I looked in the currently wishing death upon section and saw my name in their by the youknowwhos. I try my best to laugh it off and ignore but sometimes it gets to a point where it gets flat out ridiculous and annoying. I will agree that posting in CT/HIAT was my downfall along with the lies and deception that came afterwards but now that there is more ORDER in the forum, I'm starting to feel the same way I did when I first got on here.

noumenon

No, not uptight. I'm not saying everyone needs to carry out a perfectly civil and wonderful conversation at all times. I'm just saying that changing it back to HIAT might give it more of a reason to turn into spamming and flaming on a more regular basis. There's no reason why a Casual Talk section or something like that needs to be taken advantage of. I understand there may be some tension between posters and all of that, it's completely understandable. I'm just suggesting maybe have one specific section for stuff like that. I think labeling the Casual Talk section as HIAT may be taking it a bit too far. Why not just have one specific thread where people can go at it and rip each other apart and leave it at that.

There's nothing wrong with a little spam and joking around if it's funny. I'm not disputing that at all. I'm just trying to be the middle ground in all this and find a nice balance for everyone without taking shit to the extreme as it seems everything thinks it has been.

Axis

To be fair, Mizmaster has improved. But, MASTAH~, to say that there is already an improvement is all but admitting that the problem is superficial, or else the solution is.

Take the following illustration to understand my point: within the first few months of Barack Obama's presidency, people were shouting that the country was saved and that things were awesome; an equal amount were saying that the country was now awful. Both sides were wrong. The country was the same. There was no enough time for there to be substantive differences, and so complaints about how the country was at the beginning of 2009 had to also be extended to the prior years. Likewise, the seemingly positive aspects of the beginning of 2009 had to be grants of some benefit to the previous administration. It was hollow rhetoric to say that the country was all of a sudden in "amazing condition", two months after it was a "shit hole," simply because a new person was in charge.

You can't logically argue that things are better on this forum today than the were two weeks ago; nor can you argue that they are substantially worse. To judge that will take some time. For now, claims of such are obviously based on a more personal like or dislike for those now in charge.