Big Announcement aka the WWE Network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Quote:
26. Will all content on WWE Network be PG?
WWE Network will contain a range of programming suitable for various audiences. Content rated TV-14 or TV-MA will be preceded by appropriate advisory messages recommending viewer discretion. Parental controls will be available for on-demand content.

http://www.wwe.com/help#nine

Reactions: John McHenry

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Was said wwe handed out chromecast to those in attendance so maybe their app will be integrated like Hulu, Youtube, and Netflix are with phones and tablets

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Was said wwe handed out chromecast to those in attendance so maybe their app will be integrated like Hulu, Youtube, and Netflix are with phones and tablets
I swear they pretty much confirmed that. I mean, you can already use Chromecast to display ANYTHING that is on your monitor as is... so I wouldn't imagine WWE creating a block of it somehow, lol. But them handing out the Chromecast is cool because it drives home the idea of using your devices to connect to WWE at all times.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah you can but if they plan on just easily integrating it like the other major over the top distributors it's even better than browsing straight from chrome on a monitor IMO. At least so far that's how it's been with those companies. They drove a point home and it's such an easy and cheap way to get more subscribers. Don't want to pay $50 for a roku if you don't have a game system? Well get a chromecast for $30.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Considering I've been watching RAW and Smakdown throught shitty streams as of late, I'm very tempted to go through with this. For 10 bucks a month fuck it, I'm game for this. Heck if they even offer a discount price for PPV's then I might even buy one to avoid watching a PPV through a fucking stream.

I don't give a fuck about the reality shows, but dat WWE on Demand doe! :mark:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bit gutted it's not going to be coming to the UK till late 2014 / early 2015 but at least by then it will be well established and get to see how often new content and the like will be added to it.

99% sure on getting this.

Reactions: Keith

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Considering I've been watching RAW and Smakdown throught shitty streams as of late, I'm very tempted to go through with this. For 10 bucks a month fuck it, I'm game for this. Heck if they even offer a discount price for PPV's then I might even buy one to avoid watching a PPV through a fucking stream.

I don't give a fuck about the reality shows, but dat WWE on Demand doe! :mark:

Didn't they say all PPV's would air live on the Network for the price of the subscription? So basically you're paying 10 bucks a month for original content, and a shit ton of shows and PPVs in the library and you get all the PPV's for free live.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Didn't they say all PPV's would air live on the Network for the price of the subscription? So basically you're paying 10 bucks a month for original content, and a shit ton of shows and PPVs in the library and you get all the PPV's for free live.

I don't think the price of the PPV's are included. WWE.com says that the WWE Network will air them, but I'm pretty sure that you still have to pay for the PPV's. I can't see WWE giving all their PPV's away for free after paying a small fee of 10 bucks per month to view the network.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty sure you get every PPV for 10$ a month but they're also still available on PPV for non-subscribers.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
PPV's will not cost more than the $10 subscription price per month.

WWE generally doesn't make most of what the PPV's cost anyways as a lot of it goes to the cable providers. I'm sure Vince loses money per buy on this deal but so many people will have WWE Network that it will completely shatter the monthly income from PPV sales as is. It will also drive up viewership of PPVs now as more people will be paying for it and tuned in at their own spot and not hosting 25-person WrestleMania parties just so 25 people don't have to pay the full $65 cost.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
PPV's will not cost more than the $10 subscription price per month.

WWE generally doesn't make most of what the PPV's cost anyways as a lot of it goes to the cable providers. I'm sure Vince loses money per buy on this deal but so many people will have WWE Network that it will completely shatter the monthly income from PPV sales as is. It will also drive up viewership of PPVs now as more people will be paying for it and tuned in at their own spot and not hosting 25-person WrestleMania parties just so 25 people don't have to pay the full $65 cost.

That last part is me. I get WrestleMania every year and I always have about 15 to 20 people over to watch it with me. This PPV on the network idea is great. They will lose some money in the start but over time they will easily make back the money from subscriptions. Over all its a great business decision. I'm just in shock on how cheap it is, and that even Mania will be on it. Just hope this doesn't end up like RoH's iPPV's that had terrible quality and always went down. My only concern is that we'll probably need an internet connection to be able to access the network and my internet is pretty shitty at times.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
This is making me sad because non of this applies in Canada. We're getting it much later like the other fans overseas, and more likely it's going to cost more too.

Damn Americans, always having the good shit. :(

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
This is making me sad because non of this applies in Canada. We're getting it much later like the other fans overseas, and more likely it's going to cost more too.

Damn Americans, always having the good shit. :(

deal-with-it-eagle.png%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D211

Isn't it only going to be a year at tops? How much do PPV's cost for you guys over there right now?

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I think it was 50 bucks last time I checked, but the price could've risen since then (a year ago?)