Big Announcement aka the WWE Network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shakey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I dunno if anyone has mention this but the wwe network debut the day after the chamber ppv will it on demand right away?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I dunno if anyone has mention this but the wwe network debut the day after the chamber ppv will it on demand right away?
There may be a chance they wait a week since they are offering a free week trial. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was available immediately as a "Thank you for trying out the WWE Network!" ploy.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The chamber will not be placed on the network to March. It was said in Vince's conference call. The 14 Rumble will be there and after the chamber all other ppvs everything else will be available instantly to rewatch

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So I've been told by Support that the Network is only available actively on one device per account. You can close it entirely on one device and open it on another, but it can't run simultaneously on two devices unless one is strictly in second screen mode.

This is very disappointing. I mean, I understand to a degree... but it's still disturbing. A family of four shouldn't be expected to all sit and watch on one screen... especially when they've advertised it on all these platforms. You should be able to sit in separate rooms and watch from the same account at the same time.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
So I've been told by Support that the Network is only available actively on one device per account. You can close it entirely on one device and open it on another, but it can't run simultaneously on two devices unless one is strictly in second screen mode.

This is very disappointing. I mean, I understand to a degree... but it's still disturbing. A family of four shouldn't be expected to all sit and watch on one screen... especially when they've advertised it on all these platforms. You should be able to sit in separate rooms and watch from the same account at the same time.

I had two separate devices running all day on the same account, both showing different shows. Had no problem.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I had two separate devices running all day on the same account, both showing different shows. Had no problem.
I'd be careful with that, because that was the ONLY quick response I got.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't think it matters if the ip checks out. It worked on 3 screens at once yesterday at home for me

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Thanks for making me feel old with that comment. I've known families of 8 that only had 1 tv in the whole house, and I was considered "well off" because we had a 20" in the recroom for the NES & VCR.

Anyways, how is it? Is there enough content to condone a 6 month subscription, or is it like Crackle & Netflix, where you would get bored of it after just a few months?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Thanks for making me feel old with that comment. I've known families of 8 that only had 1 tv in the whole house, and I was considered "well off" because we had a 20" in the recroom for the NES & VCR.

Anyways, how is it? Is there enough content to condone a 6 month subscription, or is it like Crackle & Netflix, where you would get bored of it after just a few months?

All the old PPVS are awesome and can take you a long, long time to watch all the great ones. The new shows like Countdown, and Legends House will be worth it, but the main reason why I think its worth it, and won't get old is the PPV's for only 9.99. And the quality is amazing. I've had zero lag, and everything is in beautiful HD. I'd even say it looks better than my TV picture. It is worth the money right now for sure. Only 60 bucks for 6 PPV's, tons of old content, and new shows? Thats the price of a Video game now a days, and I'm sure you'll still be using this Network 6 months into the future. I can't say the same about todays games.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
All the old PPVS are awesome and can take you a long, long time to watch all the great ones. The new shows like Countdown, and Legends House will be worth it, but the main reason why I think its worth it, and won't get old is the PPV's for only 9.99. And the quality is amazing. I've had zero lag, and everything is in beautiful HD. I'd even say it looks better than my TV picture. It is worth the money right now for sure. Only 60 bucks for 6 PPV's, tons of old content, and new shows? Thats the price of a Video game now a days, and I'm sure you'll still be using this Network 6 months into the future. I can't say the same about todays games.

I got the Fallout 3 GOTY, still playing it to this day. As for the PPV's it really is a non issue for me as I stream anyways, plus, if I am using my Wii U that tablet does out perform my 1080p Sony. Any idea when HiaC'14 will be up for viewing? That could sway my stance as I am usually watching much better programming on Sunday nights.

I still have to wait to use it, since I am outside the target market. Which is a slap in the face considering how long they have had to get everything in order, but can only get licensing in the states kinda makes me wonder about what that first W stands for these days.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's fuckin' worth it. You get all the old PPVs even Chris Benoit for fair, cheap monthly price.

However, I got XWT and PWT still so I can already get everything.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker