Better Wrestler: CM Punk or John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the better wrestler?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ajax

Reaction score
Cena easily, anybody who voted for Punk is just a Cena hater.

xtremebadass

I thought people would be hung up on Punk since this is an internet forum plus those damn cena haters, but I guess I was wrong.

Cena > Punk in every single possible way.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think they are both good in very different ways. I don't think anyone can argue that Cena has the workrate of Punk but Cena has something that connects with fans instantly. He has that "it" factor. I dont necessarily think Punk has "it" but he is just so god damn good, you have to stand up and take notice.

noumenon

I'm going by total package here... mic skills, in ring ability, connection with the fans, it factor, marketability.......
And honestly right now Cena is ahead of punk in just about all of those categories. However...since going to Smackdown Punk has honestly come a really long way in my opinion and within the next few years if he stays on track could be a top name in WWE.

Soulpower

Ignorant? Cena hater?

Maybe some people (Hell, I'm talking about me) have different preferences!

See, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. John Cena is THE best big-match performer in the wrestling business at the moment, he's also the biggest draw/money maker in the business, there's no denying that.

But when I think of better wrestler, I think of the guy that makes ME want to fork over some money to watch him either kick some ass or get his ass kicked. I think of the guy that makes his respective show must-see tv. That guy (Once again, for me) is CM Punk, and not John Cena.

I'm not claiming that Punk is a bigger star than Cena (That would be flat-out idiotic) but I prefer to watch Punk do his thing, instead of John Cena.

So that's pretty much why I voted for him.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
It's funny that some of the people who bring up Cena-haters are some of the people who have flat-out said they never liked Punk and never will. Pot calling the kettle black much?

xtremebadass

It's funny that some of the people who bring up Cena-haters are some of the people who have flat-out said they never liked Punk and never will. Pot calling the kettle black much?

lol

Well I am talking about Cena-Haters who hated Cena just because everyone else was and stuck on that bandwagon even though it's mostly dead now

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
His opponent pulls him through his matches.
Name one match where he's had to be carried?

but later on he established his moveset which limited what he did in the ring, but still even with it being limited, it's still recognizable and they are hard hitting moves.
You said that Punk had a limited moveset like it was a negative. How is it a positive for Cena? Also, LOL at the FU being consitered hardhitting.

Who is the better wrestler? John Cena or CM Punk?
It all depends on what you're looking at. Drawing ability, Cena wins easily. In-ring ability, Punk wins.

xtremebadass

Well, I just really hate CM Punk, so being biased and all, every match he has to get carried. I am sorry, that's just how I feel.

In all seriousness, in ring work would have to go to John Cena too. CM Punk's moveset is just so crappy. This ain't kickboxing. Like Cena's moveset is atleast wrestling, I give the GTS to Punk, that's pretty good but all knees and kicks aren't doin it for me.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big fan of CM Punk, but in terms of getting people attached and emotionally involved in a match, John Cena wins so far. He might not have the track record of Punk when it comes to great matches, but whatever he does, it's always timed right. Even when you know his finishing sequence is coming, it keeps you excited. Punk might be able to get the crowd involved sometimes, but it depends on opponent.

but I liked SP's answer. Cena might be better, but I'd rather watch CM Punk.

Airfixx

The only thing Cena has sold for more than one show was getting thrown through a search light....which I guess is too "big" for even Cena to forget.

Even then he was miraculously able to FU Big Show dispite bearly being able to walk to the ring AND then he was back to full strength the week after. :roll:

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Oh yeah good point. Forgot about that.

xtremebadass said:
Well, I just really hate CM Punk, so being biased and all, every match he has to get carried. I am sorry, that's just how I feel.

In all seriousness, in ring work would have to go to John Cena too. CM Punk's moveset is just so crappy. This ain't kickboxing. Like Cena's moveset is atleast wrestling, I give the GTS to Punk, that's pretty good but all knees and kicks aren't doin it for me.

Five knuckle shuffle is wrestling? I'm not even going to argue with you on this since you flat out said you are biased (which is nothing to be proud of) so no matter what anyone says you will dig, claw and scratch to find a counter for it even if there is none.

xtremebadass

Oh yeah good point. Forgot about that.

Five knuckle shuffle is wrestling? I'm not even going to argue with you on this since you flat out said you are biased (which is nothing to be proud of) so no matter what anyone says you will dig, claw and scratch to find a counter for it even if there is none.

lol Chuck, I know, I have a problem. I don't want to argue either, it's just I REALLY dislike CM Punk. I never wanted to argue to begin with, but I just got a problem with Punk that's all.