Better Wrestler: CM Punk or John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the better wrestler?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DOA Pro Wrestling

Reaction score
I dont think there is any question that Punk is the better WRESTLER out of the two...

DOA Pro Wrestling

Reaction score
Even though Cena may sell more merch, that just makes him better for business at the moment. All though Punk turning heel against Jeff and doing the preachey Punk gimmick worked perfect and he is at the next level now and will only get better feuding with 'Taker...

Axis

wow.......................since when was cena a good wrestler to begin with?

Since about when he became the most popular wrestler in the company. Around 2006. If a wrestler's job is to draw through wrestling, then we must judge a wrestler's talent on his ability to draw.

I will not comment on whether or not he is better than CM Punk, because we also have to look at the context. When on the independent scene, Punk may have been just as strong (if not stronger) of a draw in ROH as Cena is for WWE.

However, the fact remains that Cena is a tremendous wrestle. Welcome to not-2005.

the dark knight

Since about when he became the most popular wrestler in the company. Around 2006. If a wrestler's job is to draw through wrestling, then we must judge a wrestler's talent on his ability to draw.
:laugh:

thats enough for me

CenaMark54

Money Making aside, Cena has put on much better matches on a consistent basis in the WWE than Punk has.

In my opinion, Punk is still living off his Indy reputation when people refer to his inring ability. Punk's best match in the WWE was with Morrison, who is soon becoming the next Shawn Michaels in terms of inring ability. Morrison can make anyone look great.

Meanwhile, Cena has had great matches with every style of worker in the WWE, whether it be Michaels, Umaga, Orton, or Khali. Cena's consistency and proven ability to get the most out of any opponent can not be overlooked.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Money Making aside, Cena has put on much better matches on a consistent basis in the WWE than Punk has.

In my opinion, Punk is still living off his Indy reputation when people refer to his inring ability. Punk's best match in the WWE was with Morrison, who is soon becoming the next Shawn Michaels in terms of inring ability. Morrison can make anyone look great.

Meanwhile, Cena has had great matches with every style of worker in the WWE, whether it be Michaels, Umaga, Orton, or Khali. Cena's consistency and proven ability to get the most out of any opponent can not be overlooked.

Exactly!!

N how anyone can say Punk is a better talker.... just how? HOW? lol.

I can't believe there are so many Punk fans on this forum. I really hate him. lol!!!!!

Airfixx

^^^Nah, there's plenty of hate for CM Punk here too....

(I think the M stands for Marmite!)

CenaMark54

Its really only a matter of time before the anti-Punk bandwagon starts.

Soulpower

I ain't jumping on the anti-Punk bandwagon... but I get the feeling that Cenamark is right about this.

pocket

Reaction score
thats a question I cannot answer, they are both terrible wrestlers... Cena is to stiff and robotic... Punk is too flat footed and bounces around inbetween moves like the divas do

Reaction score
Punk is the better wrestler and the better entertainer although this is a fair comparison unlike people actually comparing Cena's mic work and ring skill to The Rock's.